Old 09-09-2011, 03:44 AM   #1
Kalaheo , Hawaii
Revamping '75 Tradewind interior

First of all thanks for the Univolt to converter information.

I will have 3 weeks to remove all cabinets, appliances and funiture. Open up the interior walls to change the plumbing to pex and upgrade the insulation. Reinstall all the original parts and paint interior.

Am I way over my head? If not, can someone give me tips on removing the interior wall covering to expose the insulation and plumbing? Keeping in mind, that I'll be reusing everything.

Thanks, Charlie.

charliekauai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:33 AM   #2
Rivet Master
1977 Argosy 24
Currently Looking...
Milltown , Wisconsin
To remove the interior walls you need to drill out all the rivets that hold them onto the ribs.

ventport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:56 AM   #3
Site Team
1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
None of the plumbing is inside of the walls and can be replaced without removing the interior skins. Insulation should not be much of a factor because of where you are located. Do you really need to gut the trailer just to upgrade the insulation?

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:12 AM   #4
Rivet Master
1973 27' Overlander
1972 29' Ambassador
St. Paul , Minnesota
You will need to be meticulous on your time line chart - parts, tools may not be handy when you need them so work-arounds will be plentiful. Mapping where the removed parts are stored, labeling will be vital - first off items will be last on but not burying items needs a lot of space to work in.

If you want a near new-quality trailer the nearest you can get is liners out and new insulation but being out on the Rock means parts delivery will be slower and more expensive so your twenty-day timeline is really pushing it..

Wabbiteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:27 AM   #5
Rivet Master
1968 24' Tradewind
Oxford, , Mississippi
Three weeks is not much time. You will be amazed how much time "simple" things take. Every time I got in a hurry I on my Trade Wind I made a mistake by not thinking things all the way thru before I did them. Take your time. You will be glad you did.
Bruce & Rachel
68 Trade Wind
2001 Toyota Tundra
68 TWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:21 AM   #6
Kalaheo , Hawaii
interior revamp

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'll be in Rhode Island attempting this project.

Yes, after more research and actually viewing a few blogs, I think stripping the interior walls is a bad idea for a short time frame.

New plan will involve the Univolt/converter changeover, checking electrical system, checking plumbing, checking appliances, redo the floor surface and paint the interior. All the exterior panel doors are locked and there is no rekey or change all locks.

Thanks again for your insight and advice.

charliekauai is offline   Reply With Quote