Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2003, 10:47 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
The way the camper is assembled you could have a leak at the very top and it travel through the internal structure and not come out till it's several feet away.

There have been several posts recently about the vents for the plumping leaking. There is a seal that dries out with age under the chrome cap. You might start with that.

There are seveal products to use and the best would be Valchem. Do a little digging in the forums and there is plenty of good information avalable.

http://www.airstreamdreams.com/ can help you with some of the sealers. There a sealer I read about in the forums that is more liquid and will wick into the seams that may be useful.

I'm know Andy at Inland RV stocks that vent seal.

Now a heads up....Atlanta now has a Airstream dealer off of Thorton Rd. Somebody was going to be coming through town and checking them out. They have not posted what they found yet. contact info is on www.airstream.com 's dealer info page.
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 02:17 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to maggieairstream
This is so exciting! I found the dealer here in Atlanta. They are just getting started, 1 mechanic, and still stocking up. They have a lot of different Airstream models. I will get to go look at new Airstreams for now and perhaps shop for an upgrade there in a few years.

They said they had been inundated with calls about Airstreams so they think there will be a great market for them. So many of the people I talk to don't go crazy over the Airstream the way we do, so I hope they do have a good market for them.

Another great thing would be that maybe they will be at the RV shows we have all the time here in Atlanta. The only reason I go to those shows now is to visit the booths and maybe look at some of the super expensive motor homes. One year they had an incredibly beautiful Airstream on display (Airstreams are by nature beautiful!) I have never seen one since at the shows we have.

Thanks for this information.