Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Recliner

Anyone know what brand of recliner Airstream is now using in it's trailers? I like the look of the ones in the 30 International
(See ColonialAirstream.com) - but I've been unable to locate anything under $2500 with the small footprint and self contained footrest of these.

So, where can I find them without going through Airstream?

Paula
Old 01-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Anyone know what brand of recliner Airstream is now using in it's trailers? I like the look of the ones in the 30 International
(See ColonialAirstream.com) - but I've been unable to locate anything under $2500 with the small footprint and self contained footrest of these.

So, where can I find them without going through Airstream?

Paula
Flexsteel Furniture: Chairs & Recliners: Vehicle SeatingRecliner (1227-M56)
Old 01-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Not even close Terry - here's the link
http://colonialairstream.com/airstre.../images/03.jpg

It's wierd, I can't find it anywhere.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
That is nice, Paula. Hope you find it and share with us.

The Lane recliner I bought for my Excella at Dillard's has been a disappointment. The vinyl trim on the fronts of the armrests is peeling away showing white cloth backing. Not a good look at all. The problems are all on the armrests, but still a major annoyance for a leather set less than five years old.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Lazy-Boy. not inexpensive but very well made, and they have a bunch of sizes available. The Lanes and Flex-steels we have had were a disappointment. The upholstery held up ok but the mechanism went south on both in short order. I finally got tired of repairing the last Flex-steel and set it on the curb for the land fill.
'77' Minuet 6 Metre, behind a 2005 stock Jeep Rubicon with Equa-L-Zer hitch.
Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
Certifiable

. , .
Not the same. Not far off though. Not inexpensive either ...

Leather Recliner Chair - Thor Lafer Ergonomic Chair Modern Recliner

Good luck!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Here's something very similar, though not polar white. Lots cheaper, though...:
http://www.amazon.com/Motorhome-Swiv.../dp/B002ILF1L2
Old 01-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Paula,

We have had a Benchmaster (Ventura Model) in our Airstream for two plus years. It has worn well in approximately 140 days of camping.....not to mention the times I just go out to the Airstream and sit down for a quiet break. Two other Airstream friends have also purchased the same chair, and are happy with them.

I have an EKorne Stressless Recliner in my home living room. After less than five years of use, color is wearing off in spots, and the padding is compressed to the point that there is no more lower back support. This is not what one would expect from a product that cost $2,300 (with discount).

I could have bought four of the Benchmaster Recliners during the past five years for the price that I paid for the Stressless.......and, the comfort level would have been about the same.

Here's a link: Leather Recliners by BenchMaster

I also purchased the riser (utilizing it to anchor the chair to the floor of the Airstream).

Chief

AIR # 22776
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
I guess you looked at the Stressless Human Touch - has the integrated footrest but its price isn't Stressless...

Tom
Old 01-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
As I understand it, Flex Steel will not sell to individuals, only thru approved area vendors.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:11 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Think I'm getting the Avion. Will need the Recliners soon. Don't like the separate footstools, they take up too much space.

Paula
Old 07-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
I think this is the recliner Airstream uses. It's comfortable and reasonably compact. Can be ordered in a variety of fabrics and colors.

Villa Lift Recliner Footrest - Other Recliners

doug k
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #13
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
We changed from couch to recliners about 8 years ago. We started with the Ekorness, but they are not wall huggers and the ottoman wasn't comfortable for us, plus it took up valuable floor space. We sold them and purchased Lafer's. The Lafers are sturdy, but very unrefined. Padding on the leg lift is minimal and a bit uncomfortable in my opinion. We will likely replace them in the next year. Our recliner of choice is here: Bayview Furniture ฎ : Best Furniture : Recliners : Item Number 9AW04
They are wall hugger design recliners, compact floor plan and have comfortable padding (leg lift) and durable materials. These "Best" brand recliners are available thru Best dealers. Something to consider.

Also, this one is being considered: Recliners - Medium Pike Walhugger Reclining Chair by Best Home Furnishings - Hudson's Furniture - Wall Recliner

Again, a wall hugger design.

We have Flexsteel at home but have been unable to find a small plan format, wall hugger recliner by Flexsteel for the trailer.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
I like the look of the Lafers - but certainly not the price. I'm not afraid to spend money - but I want substance as well as style and for $2400.... Well the Lafer would be tempting at half that price.

Before you toss yours consider having them redone. A good upholstery shop could open up the leather, add to, reshape, or replace the foam, and plump up the footrest somewhat. If the leather is still good you'd save a bundle over new ones.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
I think this is the recliner Airstream uses. It's comfortable and reasonably compact. Can be ordered in a variety of fabrics and colors.

Villa Lift Recliner Footrest - Other Recliners

doug k
Well Doug I believe you are RIGHT. I pulled up a picture of the recliner from the 30 ft Signature on Colonial Airstream - and everything matches but the color. Impressed you found it! Thanks much. Price isn't TOO bad either.

Paula
Old 07-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #16
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
We've had the Lafers for about 3 years. I've removed the covers and added more soft hi-loft foam, etc. and have made them tolerable, even made a bolster pillow. Biggest complaint is the footrest operation and reclining mechanism. Next biggest complaint is they are nowhere close to being wall huggers.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thompson View Post
We've had the Lafers for about 3 years. I've removed the covers and added more soft hi-loft foam, etc. and have made them tolerable, even made a bolster pillow. Biggest complaint is the footrest operation and reclining mechanism. Next biggest complaint is they are nowhere close to being wall huggers.
Hey Bob - could you go to goodwill and find an old ratty looking recliner with a good reclining mech and .... naw .... way too much work!

Well Doug found the ones Airstream is using. At his link they only have them in a dark coffee brown, but Glastop Home has them in 4 colors including Cinnemon & Taupe. $745 plus shipping. Or of course if you're in Elkhart Indiana you could probably pick them up. Surprise Surprise. Bet if I call Airstream they'll be $1200!

Paula