Old 03-16-2015, 06:14 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Marco Island , Florida
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by laducky View Post
I'm surprised the paper bag flooring technique isn't more talked about on the forums since it is budget friendly and lightweight! I searched it up trying to figure out a game plan for my floors and yours popped up. Love the white in your trailer. I was thinking doing a warm dark brown for my floors then I got to thinking they also make green stain which I've used on some really gorgeous furniture, so I was thinking using white butcher paper and green stain? I'd like a rich green earthy color tho, so I'm not sure how that will turn out. Guess I better do some test panels!
Perhaps you can start with brown craft paper instead of the white butcher paper. You can find rolls in the paint dept. or home improvement stores. It may give you the deeper color effect you seem to be working towards. Test boards would be your best bet in any event. Be sure to post your results for show and tell.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:50 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1990 25' Excella
Sisters , Oregon
I read this last year when it was originally posted. Loved the idea then and love it now. I've done a bit of research on it and it looks pretty straight forward. I just moved and have a tall stack of moving wrapping paper that looks like it would be a great color. Others have used brown grocery bags and they look great as well, very textured. Hoping to get it done this summer. Trailer comes out of winter storage at the Sheep Barn tomorrow. Wahoo!

Cheers,
John

WBCCI #4291

Grown men don't need leaders. ~ Edward Abbey
John&Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:35 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Marco Island , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by John&Vicki View Post
I read this last year when it was originally posted. Loved the idea then and love it now. I've done a bit of research on it and it looks pretty straight forward. I just moved and have a tall stack of moving wrapping paper that looks like it would be a great color. Others have used brown grocery bags and they look great as well, very textured. Hoping to get it done this summer. Trailer comes out of winter storage at the Sheep Barn tomorrow. Wahoo!

Cheers,
John
How exciting that you're getting your trailer tomorrow! I have to wait until next Saturday. I thank God for spring and the promise it brings for exploration & adventures ahead!

It sounds like you have a good plan for those moving wrapping papers. The paper is probably similar to grocery bag paper so application & final finish should be consistent with the youtube/pinterest results.
Are you removing a flooring product before starting? I had carpet which needed to be removed (dusty horror!)
Best wishes!
Old 05-08-2017, 06:31 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Marco Island , Florida
Paper floor update

After a couple of years with our white paper floor it was time for a color that was a tad more practical. After a good floor cleaning, another coat of primer was put down then followed up with a coat of Benjamin Moore blue (the name of which escapes me now). After the paint dried another coat of water based Polycrylic was applied & silver & pearl mica chips blown onto the tacky surface. This was followed by 2 more coats of poly.
Voila!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170508_181113.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	285078  
Old 05-09-2017, 09:31 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
911 Patriot your floor still looks great. I like the new color. Floors are something we have not done yet and I always think about just sanding, filling painting and polying.

Seems a very good solution to a often confusing choice of what to do.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:20 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Marco Island , Florida
Pix Fix

I don't know why the picture posted sideways. Hopefully this smaller file will rectify the sitch.
Click image for larger version

Name:	floorsmaller.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	286107
Old 06-12-2017, 12:10 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Pleasant Plains , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911Patriot View Post
I don't know why the picture posted sideways. Hopefully this smaller file will rectify the sitch.

Attachment 286107

That looks incredible! I love the overall look...very nicely done .
Old 06-12-2017, 01:46 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I'm not a fan of so much white, but that new color really sets it off. Great!thinking outside the box is terrific.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:11 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Marco Island , Florida
The main interior walls are Benjamin Moore's "First Snowfall" which is a light, silvery blue. The cabinets are Benjamin Moore "Decorators White. Secondary walls are a tint darker than the "First Snowfall# Looking front to back you see the cabinets as white against the silvery blue background just enough to pop them. It's hard to pick up the subtle palette in photos.