Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #1

bainbridge island , Washington
Now for the fun part.....

69' Overlander is down to the ribs on the interior, chassis just back from sandblasting and powder coating. I have a blank canvas. I have a new interior designed however all support systems need to be redesigned/replaced- electrical, plumbing prior to reassembly of the shell to the trailer....
Does anyone know of a resource for that level of service?
donmyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 31' Excella 500
Charleston , South Carolina
If I understand correctly what you are saying.. I do not believe that you need to have all support systems redesigned/replaced prior to reassembly of the shell to the trailer.

In my case all that I had done before I put the shell back on was.. water and waste tanks and axles.
That done.. put the subfloor on and then reattached the shell.
I still haven't put in the fresh water line or gas lines underneath. When I do, it will be a matter then of drilling holes through the floor where I want the lines to come up.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
To have someone do it could actually cost a lot more than you might imagine. I have heard prices quoted for that type of work into six figures. One source was from a friend that, like you, had done the "hard part": reno on the frame, leakproofing the shell.

For that money, there are a lot of great trailers out there that are ready to travel, and won't take the year or so that what you want might take.

Do you have a idea of your budget?