Old 12-11-2015, 01:50 PM   #127
3 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Fairhope , Alabama
Polishing Update

I quit. Polishing sucks. If you are going to do it just do it. Better yet hire someone else to do it.

Sorry, rant over. In all seriousness, if you are going to take the time to buff the trailer, go ahead and just polish it. I now have a mostly, partly buffed trailer and all I can focus on is the filiform corrosion. Shiny filiform corrosion. But still filiform corrosion.

So I moved back inside. You will note that in earlier post I freely admit to my aluminitis induced ADD. It hasn't improved with time. But the inside of the trailer is definitely benefitting. We have shelves and shoe moulding and mirrors and even some artwork. Of course, photos would probably be good to show so you would believe me. But I just realized I don't have them on this computer.

So...pics to follow

And Merry Christmas from the Noltes!

Old 01-19-2016, 08:50 PM   #128
3 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Fairhope , Alabama
Like mother, like daughter...

During a great trip to Canopener 2016 this year my 9 year old daughter got to go in a 'little bitty trailer' during open house. Probably a Bambi or Caravel, I'm not sure, I was talking while she toured. 😉
We have heard so much about the little trailer, hubs has caved and told me to find her one. Lol! I don't think he realizes just how expensive little trailers are. I may tell him, eventually.
To whomever had the little trailer, thank you for making such a good impression on my girl. Airstream folks are the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Old 09-10-2016, 11:01 PM   #129
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Rochester , Minnesota
I am looking at purchasing a 1966 airstream land yatch. All systems work but it needs some serious restoration. The asking price is 8500.00. Does that sound reasonable? Also, the owner is saying both the black and gray waste go into one tank. There is only one hookup place for dumping the tank. Does that sound right?
Old 09-11-2016, 08:04 AM   #130
3 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Fairhope , Alabama
Hi Ria We are in Alabama so I'm not sure what the regional price differences may be but $8500 seems really high unless the trailer has had some restoration. Regarding the black, he is mostly correct. There is only the one black tank. Gray water actually bypasses the tank altogether and comes out downstream of the black valve. It has never been an issue for us. We have a portable gray tank or we stay in a campground with full hookups. Some people add a gray tank during restoration.
Good Luck! Hope you find your case of aluminitus.

Tags
sovereign

« King bed | Top | Inner skin »