Old 01-08-2005, 03:35 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Rural, blink and you'll miss it , Missouri
dmadam's is the smaller unit, I had looked at this one: 0.9 cu.ft. capacity. 900W output power. 2-Line, 12-Digit Interactive Display. Custom Help, CompuBake, CompuPizza, CompuGrill, CompuRoast, CompuCook, CompuDefrost. Reheat Sensor. A Built In Kit. Available in Black (R-820EK) & silver (R-820BW).

Old 01-08-2005, 04:35 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1983 34' Limited
Las Vegas , Nevada
Send a message via MSN to dmadam
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay
dmadam's is the smaller unit, I had looked at this one: 0.9 cu.ft. capacity. 900W output power. 2-Line, 12-Digit Interactive Display. Custom Help, CompuBake, CompuPizza, CompuGrill, CompuRoast, CompuCook, CompuDefrost. Reheat Sensor. A Built In Kit. Available in Black (R-820EK) & silver (R-820BW).
I got mine mostly on the basis of looks As I am doing the interior in gray vinyl on the walls and then floor black white check and black counter tops.. SS and somewhat retro on the front.

Am also getting the "retro/metro" toaster from DeLonghi.

What can I say? I'm a sucker
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CTM2023def.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	10020  

Old 01-08-2005, 07:36 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juel
I haven't really started to restore my 78 Argosy, so I don't have any input there; however, I looked at your photos and saw the 51 Ford. My husband has a restored 52 Ford that he wants to use to pull a little 1957 trailer we bought. Do you use your 51 as a tow vehicle?
My 51 had an original flathead engine w/ 3 speed. Had enough power to tow the Caravel, but alas I couldn't get myself to tow any distance w/ it. It probably could have done it, but if a water pump decided to leak a 1000 miles from home not alot of auto stores stock parts for flathead any more, go figure So now it has a small block Ford (what else?) w/ a auto trans. for reliability. It's in the shop getting a face lift over the winter. I'll post photos w/ the finished project.

whistler
Old 01-08-2005, 07:41 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
I got mine mostly on the basis of looks As I am doing the interior in gray vinyl on the walls and then floor black white check and black counter tops.. SS and somewhat retro on the front.

Sounds great! And you'll be posting photos...when?
Old 01-08-2005, 07:46 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
I looked at the new micro wave unit's and that is what we are going to use. What brand one are you refering to here? And has anyone had any bad experiences w/ any brands?

As far as our bathroom. The original sink and shower pan, along w/ the lower walls of the bathroom were all painted w/ a green spackle spray on paint that almost all paint stores sell. I didn't spend alot of time on it, but when we tried to remove the paint, 1 it didn't come of easy and 2 it didn't look good underneath (possibly why it was painted) So thats really where the whole remodle idea came from. Now I just need to find a supplier for some copper sheets. I'll keep ya posted. Thanks for all the ideas.

whistler
Old 01-08-2005, 07:53 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
The units I am talking about are made by Sharp. I have the larger unit and bought one for both my mother and my daughter. My step mother has a Sharp unit that is about 20 years old and won't hear of a replacement...None of us have had any difficulty with them. I like the convection feature as it functions similar to a regular oven as well as a microwave.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:14 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1983 34' Limited
Las Vegas , Nevada
Send a message via MSN to dmadam
Quote:

Sounds great! And you'll be posting photos...when?
I can't do anymore until I get the walls finished. We have had so much damned rain here I have not been able to do much. In two weeks I am moving to a place where I can have the AS at the house instead of storage and having to bring it up to the house all the time to work on it. Giving myself till the end of march. Of course it was November, then December and then January!