Old 05-24-2011, 07:23 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
Dallas , Texas
I am moving the bath up to the mid curb side so will have to get tanks made & moved. My black tank was leaking, ruined the rear floor so decided to do a complete makover to my taste or lack of. I plastic welded the tank but doubt I can use it now with the black tank needing to be under the axles and the grey in the next frame member aft. Then will need to map out the drainage piping for a clean exit.
The bath area will be open across the girth with doors providing privacy while in use. toilet, sink and shower on the curb and closets on both sides of the mid window and a dressing bench below it. I had to cut & plastic weld a standard shower pan to fit my needs and the next project is to get the plumbing and bath layed in. I plan on putting a gas and electric demand W/H in tandem under the sink area and use the vent that was for the furnace.
I have lost 6 weeks now to putting the tlr in the RV shop for an Zip Dee install that has gone wrong when I bought a used unit that ends up being for a later model AS. After getting the tube & fabric cut down last week, they called yesterday to say the arms do not have the correct bend for my 71'. Need to track down correct hardware now.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Mooresville , North Carolina
How difficult was replacing the back flooring? I need to do this on mine but not sure if I should replace or just recover with more plywood. Thanks.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
Dallas , Texas
Mine was rotten to the edge so had to replace it wall to wall. It is a fair amount of work but I am by no means anything above average in skills, just stupid enough to think I can do it and tear into things. I had gutted the entire trailer except the kitchen cabinets so had a clean rear trailer.
As the plywood is underneath the outer walls I had to cut through the rusted stove type bolts. I did it the easiest way I could so I cut the plywood so there was a seam down the middle of the trailer with a left and a right side. I slid in one side and then slid in the other side pushing at the corner angle until it dropped down flush. I then came in from the bottom and tied the two pieces together at the seam with another 3/4 board stip and sealed the top. then came back in with some through bolts to bring the body back to the frame. I did damage the rear corner sheet metal some after I had transported the trailer from one yard to another with out it being supported while I had it cut out. Was able to beat it out and the bumper will cover most of the wrinkled sight of it.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
Dallas , Texas
I was laid off from my job in late Sept and have had to put so much on the back burner to conserve funds. I have not been able to complete this project as timely as wanted and can't believe it has been alomost a yr. since I have posted.
I did get the black & gray tanks in and put the black between the axles and the gray aft of the rear axle, getting the plumbing roughed in and all the drains set up behind the left rear wheel area. The biggest glitch is the black did not fit up flush to the floor area as the 3" outlet would not have cleared the rear frame member to axle area. Will have to figure out how I will enclose the bottom now. I got the basic bath area laid out and tried to build some cabinets but the birch plywood did not come out as well as I wanted so when I get some $ I may use Veneer over it all.
You can find these pics in my gallery now.

Tags
sovereign