Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2017, 08:47 AM   #1

2005 34' Classic
Moab , Utah
Interior Design Software

Hello
I own a 2005 34' Classic and want to retrofit several areas to maximize space (especially storage). For example, I am going to use the dinette area for a workstation (e.g. computer and printer) & build a perm table with storage in front of the couch (for outdoor gear). I have no Autocad 3D experience and have browsed some 3D software for cabinets/kitchens (for example). Does anyone have any experience or suggestions?
Rob
rtshort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:58 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
Sketchup is a fairly popular freeware program. Some of the Forums members have done extremely elaborate drawings in this software. I played with it a bit, and found that I was spending more time learning the software than it would take to do the actual building so went back to my pencil and straight-edge.

Do a Google search from outside the Forums for "airforums sketchup" and you will get some good hits.

good luck!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 11:39 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Sketchup is probably the most intuitive and full functioning application for what you want. You can use the free version to do quite a bit. Learning curve is fast. The Pro version is more productive for preparing documents and such. I use it along with both AutoCad and Vectorworks and can say that it will probably give you the best set of tools for what you want to do for the littlest cost.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:52 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2018 19' Flying Cloud
Newport , Washington
I second the recommendation for Sketchup. And if you want to tailor your learning toward cabinet design you might consider picking up a book called SketchUP - A Design Guide for Woodworkers.
KelloggKid is offline   Reply With Quote