Old 04-20-2016, 04:32 PM   #15
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
Part of the reason for buying a new rather than used AS was to get the shades. They fit our lifestyle. The rattle of metal blinds does not work well for us, but we do understand why folks want the adjustment they provide.

Good luck with your install. If you keep adding the good stuff like this, you'l have a 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 ..... AS. Kind of Cash's Cadillac. Pat

Old 11-26-2016, 05:50 AM   #16
ShinyPete

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Bushnell , Florida
All-

Just circling back on this thread to update that we completed the OceanAir install in our Pete yesterday. We pined for these for a long while, as we were really not fans of the $9.00 mini-blinds in our coach..... When we started seeing these in the newer Airstreams, we knew we wanted them.

As many above have stated, we ordered the five that we needed from Zarcor. They have a good size comparison table on their website for many of the common Airstream window sizes. In case it helps someone in the future, we ordered four of the RSH-7561864 blinds for the two bedroom and two lounge windows, and one RSH-4831610 for the double porthole windows over the sink. This is in our 2014 Flying Cloud 27fb. These are the perfect sizes for this coach, and the window open levers even make nice "partly open" position holders for the bottom of the blind tubes.

We took our time, leveling each roller tube, and carefully adjusting the position to match the window as perfectly as would could, held our breath, and started drilling 3/32" holes. It worked fine, the screws they included appear to be stainless steel and are very tough, and we are very happy in how it turned out. I did not order the plastic "plugs" they sell for the old mini-blind mounting holes. I might just fill the ones we see with a rivet. I'm still pondering on that.........

So, we're happy with the upgrade, and looking forward to the grand young'uns not popping the mini-blinds from bed when they bunk with us, not having to mess with the bottom tabs to open them fully, and the ends not bending if you look at them funny.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OceanAirs in Pete.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	275992  

Old 11-26-2016, 05:55 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
Hmm, i've got one set of blinds in my 2008 Classic 25fb in the kitchen next to the sink. I don't really like them. I wonder if I can order one with a different color than the gray? Also, are they water proof and clean up well incase of over splash from the sink?

Kelvin
Old 11-26-2016, 07:24 AM   #18
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
Hmm, i've got one set of blinds in my 2008 Classic 25fb in the kitchen next to the sink. I don't really like them. I wonder if I can order one with a different color than the gray? Also, are they water proof and clean up well in case of over splash from the sink?

Kelvin
The Oceanaire shades do clean up pretty easily, though I can't answer about the colors. One thing I've noticed about them, is you have to be sure to roll them straight up and down, or else the edges will rapidly fray.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:26 AM   #19
Airstreamer In Training

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Thanks for posting! I believe this will be my next project.

2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30 Recliner - WBCCI #4850 - AIR #110821
2013 Cadillac Escalade Tow Vehicle, Equal-i-zer Hitch
Visit Our Flying Cloud blog for my latest adventure!
FCStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote