Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-24-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member
 
2016 27' Flying Cloud
Streator , Illinois
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 129
FB or Nothing

We have a 27FB and like it a lot. We think the only floor plan for us is one where the living area is in the back so we take full advantage of the view when we back in. I don't want to have a rear bedroom where when I'm sitting at the dinette I'm looking at the back of the truck or the road. Would really like a 30FB with 2 recliners but they don't make it. For those of you that have rear bedrooms can you tell me why you like them. Is there a reason why Airstream doesn't make a 30FB?
__________________

__________________
jbroedlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:14 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member
 
1987 25' Sovereign
Oregon , Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 491
We have an 87 25' Sovereign with rear bedroom. Should we ever be able to get another trailer it would be a 27' front queen bed. We really really like that lay out. To us all other layouts are in last place!!!!
__________________

__________________
msmcv51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:20 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
dkottum's Avatar
 
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,716
We specifically choose a rear bed over front because

1) We don't think the single advantage of FB, view out the back, is meaningful.

2) The rear bed is more quiet and private in most campgrounds.

3) We often use large RV resorts in our 6 month winter trips where you may be backed up to the back of another RV, maybe a fifth wheel with a big window looking down into a FB.

4) We like seeing the people and activity out front.

5) The door is in front.

6) The floor plan of our RB works better for us, and allowed an easy conversion to recliners.
__________________
Doug and Cheryl
2012 FC RB, Michelin 16, ProPride 1400
2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 Ecodiesel 3.92 axles

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:03 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
SteveSueMac's Avatar

 
2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5,410
For the OP - it's FB or nothing and that's cool. For Doug - the RB works really well for his needs. That's the great thing about any choice be it trailer vs motorhome vs tent - front or rear bedroom - hitch - tires - AS or SOB....it's probably not universal for everyone since we're all such weird individual critters :-)

I love my FB for the same reason as the OP - was fortunate enough to have a site on the ocean and this was our view

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1537015672.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	436.1 KB
ID:	219672

Works for us. Everyone's mileage varies as it should.
__________________
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:15 PM   #5
Rivet Master
 
Wayne&Sam's Avatar
 
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,100
Images: 21
RB for us. That's why they give you a choice.
__________________
2014 25' Flying Cloud Rear Twin
2012 Dodge Durango Hemi/AWD
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:20 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member
 
2009 28' International
Columbia , Illinois
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 173
We prefer the rear bedroom for many reasons (we have a 28'):

1) We like the privacy and quiet in the back, we normally back in and like to leave the windows and curtains open at night. When we were camping at Assateague we were woken up by ponies huffing into our bedroom window.

2) When we are sitting on our couch in the front we can look right thru the back window to the scenery beyond, just like that ocean picture above.

3) When showering, if you open the bathroom door 90 degrees you create a spacious dressing area that includes the bedroom, very convenient.

4) How do you even put anything into the storage compartment at the front of the FB with the tanks there?

5) Viewing the Television from the front sofa is way more natural at least to us. And it flips around so we (Mrsin actually) can watch it in bed.

6) The one, I never want to use: the fire escape window is right in back of us when we sleep and is big enough to get thru.
__________________
sinjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:34 PM   #7
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,269
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
We specifically choose a rear bed over front because

1) We don't think the single advantage of FB, view out the back, is meaningful.

2) The rear bed is more quiet and private in most campgrounds.

3) We often use large RV resorts in our 6 month winter trips where you may be backed up to the back of another RV, maybe a fifth wheel with a big window looking down into a FB.

4) We like seeing the people and activity out front.

5) The door is in front.

6) The floor plan of our RB works better for us, and allowed an easy conversion to recliners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
We prefer the rear bedroom for many reasons (we have a 28'):

1) We like the privacy and quiet in the back, we normally back in and like to leave the windows and curtains open at night. When we were camping at Assateague we were woken up by ponies huffing into our bedroom window.

2) When we are sitting on our couch in the front we can look right thru the back window to the scenery beyond, just like that ocean picture above.

3) When showering, if you open the bathroom door 90 degrees you create a spacious dressing area that includes the bedroom, very convenient.

4) How do you even put anything into the storage compartment at the front of the FB with the tanks there?

5) Viewing the Television from the front sofa is way more natural at least to us. And it flips around so we (Mrsin actually) can watch it in bed.

6) The one, I never want to use: the fire escape window is right in back of us when we sleep and is big enough to get thru.
Hi, I like my rear bedroom for all of the reasons listed above.

As for the view out back, I started a thread, I believe that I called it "View from your rear panoramic windows." Or something like that. I think I got about three posts. Now look up "View from your door" and there are thousands of posts. If the front bed trailers view from the rear panoramic windows are so great, how come no-one posted their pictures? [just saying]
__________________
Bob

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:55 PM   #8
Rivet Master
 
SteveSueMac's Avatar

 
2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post

Hi, I like my rear bedroom for all of the reasons listed above.

As for the view out back, I started a thread, I believe that I called it "View from your rear panoramic windows." Or something like that. I think I got about three posts. Now look up "View from your door" and there are thousands of posts. If the front bed trailers view from the rear panoramic windows are so great, how come no-one posted their pictures? [just saying]
I gotta look up that thread!

:-)

Totally a choice thing. There isn't a right/wrong good/bad decision here!
__________________
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:01 PM   #9
Rivet Master
 
dkottum's Avatar
 
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,716
Most people like what the have best, then when they get something different, they like that best.
__________________
Doug and Cheryl
2012 FC RB, Michelin 16, ProPride 1400
2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 Ecodiesel 3.92 axles

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:04 PM   #10
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,269
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
I gotta look up that thread!

:-)

Totally a choice thing. There isn't a right/wrong good/bad decision here!
Hi, I found it: "View from your Panoramic Windows." 16 posts and 15 pictures.
__________________
Bob

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:08 PM   #11
Rivet Master
 
AnnArborBob's Avatar
 
2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,767
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
Most people like what the have best, then when they get something different, they like that best.
Amen, Doug!

__________________
Bob Martel
WBCCI# 5766
AnnArborBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:00 PM   #12
Rivet Master
 
terryV's Avatar
 
2002 31' Classic
Currently Looking...
Monroe , Iowa
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 649
Joyce and I love our walk around queen RB. We searched long and hard to find a trailer (AS, of course) with the rear queen bed with floor to ceiling ward robes/integrated nightstands, complete bathroom on one side with huge shower, huge wardrobe on the other side, and no dinette.

That gives us more counter space, more storage, and enough room in front to hold a square dance.

You could pick any one of those things we like and ask "why would you like that?" Because it suits our lifestyle.

That's why they make so many choices.
__________________
terryV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member
 
2016 27' Flying Cloud
Streator , Illinois
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 129
Like I said originally, "the only floor plan for US is the FB." I appreciate you all telling me why you like your RB. I wish Airstream would give me the CHOICE of a 30FB.
__________________
jbroedlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:44 PM   #14
Rivet Master
 
Hibby's Avatar
 
2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 561
Images: 14
FB or Nothing

We just chose a 2015 30' FB Bunkhouse (front and rear bedroom!)....



Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
__________________

__________________
Hibby
Hibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I know nothing about hitches! - Idiot proof answers please! Moonstruck Hitches, Couplers & Balls 14 11-19-2015 02:56 PM
Turn The Key And Nothing Happens Chaplain Kent Mechanics Corner - Engines, Transmission & More... 102 04-20-2009 08:02 AM
Solar vs generator vs nothing? Xray Generators & Solar Power 46 08-22-2006 07:06 PM
The thread about nothing? Jim & Susan Off Topic Forum 5 03-07-2006 08:47 PM
Remove belly skin -- all or nothing? pilgrim_still Belly Pans & Banana Wraps 1 06-21-2003 07:50 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.