Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-25-2014, 06:45 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 30' International
Vintage Kin Owner
Bad Axe , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
Most people like what the have best, then when they get something different, they like that best.
This is the truth and most people will defend their perfect choice to the end.
I just like Airstreams. We try to spend as much time as possible out of doors and the bedroom is for private time. I have never had trouble finding good views from an Airstream.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0821 (1024x768).jpg
Views:	165
Size:	589.8 KB
ID:	219734  
1977 31' International Sovereign - sold
2012 Ford F250 Superduty Crewcab

WBCCI# 1007 Air#2158
dkrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:11 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Calgary , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldAdventure View Post
It's probably strong because it comes down to what fit's people's lifestyles. Dkottum's post puts that into clarity for me, as it's the complete opposite of our lifestyle and I can't disagree anymore with it.
It probably fits your current lifestyle just fine but I can offer some experience. Your baby now moves about "10ft" each day and taking cute pictures of her looking out windows is fun. However, since you are full-timing in your trailer I can guarantee that very soon your daughter will quickly turn to a toddler that doesn't want to stop moving. Looking at the "view" from your dinette (while working) is going to move about 50 spots down the priority list and you'll desire more view of the camp side, where your daughter is running/playing etc.....other than the door, the living-room view out of 25/27 FB's to the camp side is very limited. I'm not being adversarial.....just injecting some parental experience and give you another angle to think about

As someone mentioned above, everyone has their own wants/needs and we choose what we want.....if everyone had the same needs AS would likely only sell one size/configuration
cory_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:29 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Well Bold' we were backpackers too, traveled the world in a 30 year Navy career, still avid bikers and hikers every day. Can only give you the advice of 50 years travel and camping (a few backpacks, 4 VW Campers, one Scamp and two Airstreams, not counting Boy Scout and Scoutmaster) experience.

And we're amateurs compared to some on this forum. Careful to dismiss their advice.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:33 PM   #24
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
I thought the smilies indicated I was supporting others opinions, especially saying what fits your lifestyle.

And experience is experience, but not everyone always agrees thats the way you should be doing XYZ. That's why people always want to tell you their opinion and experience. And/Or dismiss yours.

I'll dismiss all advice that doesn't line up with my values or lifestyle. Otherwise, mind is open.

Cheers.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:53 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

Durango , Colorado
We chose the 27 FB over the 28 rear bed primarily because of the layout.

The 28 RB has no pantry and practically no storage in the kitchen. You also have a strange short 1/4 wardrobe instead of the pantry. The seating area in the front, puts the dinette between the seating area and the TV. I like a closer more direct view of the TV without having to look over the dinette. The 28 has no night tables. Basically they are just wardrobes and there is no real table area next to the bed to place items. The wardrobes are smaller and not as long as the one big wardrobe in the 27 FB.

Since the 27FB and the 28RB are both 28 feet long there really is no difference in towing or maneuvering.
RVDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:33 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibby View Post
We just chose a 2015 30' FB Bunkhouse (front and rear bedroom!)....
Come on Hibby, take a stand in this debate!!!!
Old 08-25-2014, 02:16 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
We have a 2008 Classic 25fb. Trying to buy preowned limits your choice. We figured this floor plan was a good compromise and it would have good resale. We didn't want go any bigger but we didn't have an opportunity to see a 25C, 28 or 25SS that was as nice as our Classic.

Some thoughts after owning our 25fb for over a year:

The view from the rear can be nice if you have the right campsite and it can be terrible if you don't have a good site.

All those windows the skylight, Fantasic Fan vent and port holes are nice but the back end heats up fast in hot weather. Forget about using the oven during the summer months. The front bedroom remains cooler since we keep the curtains and shades drawn most of the time and the AC blows right into that are. That is the prime reading area most of the time when outside not available.

No storage cabinets over the side couch due to the port holes.

The rear door of the FB limits how far you can back into a site. With the front door you can back up further to make room for your trailer and tow vehicle and still step into the campsite.

The dinette is great for eating/working but not lounging or watching TV. The Classic table is too heavy for my wife to lower and raise by herself and it find it overly heavy so putting it down to create a lounge doesn't happen often because I like to have the dinette available the next morning. Maybe if the table was lighter it wouldn't be an issue.

Its hard to watch TV from the gaucho or side couch cause you are forced to face the wrong way. My head hits the TV when trying to lay back on the fridge wall to read.

The side couch when made into a bed is not long enough for me (5' 10") so my feet extend to the adjacent dinette seat so making a bed with sheets is more challenging. Guess I need a sleeping bag arrangement.

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:30 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2018 33' Classic
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam View Post
Come on Hibby, take a stand in this debate!!!!

Ha! Yes, I should weigh in here... But remember, I took the easy way out and bought the one with two bedrooms! I love the front bedroom because my dog sleeps in the back of my truck and he can wake me in the middle of the night with little to no effort. I also love the back bedroom, although the view is limited, because it makes a great "storage area" for bags/duffels/kid gear without cluttering the whole trailer.

Since I spent 80k on this, I think mine's the best one out there and the rest of you can feel the shame of having only one bedroom to rest your weary bones.

Oh, and the only view that counts is the one out the bathroom window, since that's where I spend WAY too much time reading and drinking coffee.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 08-25-2014, 09:41 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibby View Post
Oh, and the only view that counts is the one out the bathroom window, since that's where I spend WAY too much time reading and drinking coffee.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Hi, You win; I don't have a bathroom window.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:52 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
Town , Iowa
Hey, just to let ya all know that Airstream does make our has made a 30ft FB. I own one. I believe the production was from 2008-2009, with limited quantities built. They were only made with King beds. I wanted a 30 footer and the wife wanted a FB, when it came for sell on the classifieds we jumped on it. The bed has been replaced with a residential Queen and in the process of adding the airstream type recliner. The center of the 30FB has larger wardrobe, pantry, and bath. Also enjoy the larger holding tanks and LP tanks. We really love this configuration and believe its a great setup for extended travel. Now if they only made one in a 34.
TinTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:16 AM   #31
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTop View Post
Hey, just to let ya all know that Airstream does make our has made a 30ft FB. I own one. I believe the production was from 2008-2009, with limited quantities built. They were only made with King beds. I wanted a 30 footer and the wife wanted a FB, when it came for sell on the classifieds we jumped on it. The bed has been replaced with a residential Queen and in the process of adding the airstream type recliner. The center of the 30FB has larger wardrobe, pantry, and bath. Also enjoy the larger holding tanks and LP tanks. We really love this configuration and believe its a great setup for extended travel. Now if they only made one in a 34.
Whaaa..... !!

I wonder what trims this configuration was available in. Took a look at your photos. So out of curiosity, is it the middle of your Airstream and the lavatory that's larger? While the front seating and rear are more similar?

Learn something new every day.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:46 AM   #32
2 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
Town , Iowa
The 30FB only came in a Classic Limited model. The two ends would match a 27FB with the extra feet/space added in the center on the trailer. Again the larger wardrobe. bath, and pantry. It also has real wood pocket doors to divide living , bathing, and sleeping areas. There is a floorplan on the Airstream website. Used to be under specs. but now under history I believe, under 2009 model year.
TinTop is offline   Reply With Quote