Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #1

1984 27' Sovereign
Fort collins , Colorado
Drop down table!! New to this all!

Hi,
New to the world of Airstreams! Just purchased a 1984 sovereign with center bath. I believe 25'. After nerding around in her for oh, endless hours, I realized I am missing the table leaves to the drop down table. The table has a latch that allows it to extend almost the length of the couch. Does anyone know about the table leaves? Have them for sale? I figured we could make some somehow but not sure. Thanks!
eldenturney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldenturney View Post
Hi,
New to the world of Airstreams! Just purchased a 1984 sovereign with center bath. I believe 25'. After nerding around in her for oh, endless hours, I realized I am missing the table leaves to the drop down table. The table has a latch that allows it to extend almost the length of the couch. Does anyone know about the table leaves? Have them for sale? I figured we could make some somehow but not sure. Thanks!
I don't believe these tables have changed much over the years. In my 1976 the table folds up from the wall and the table leg is pulled down. You can then extend the length of the table base and then fold the table top over to provide the leave. Its hinged along the edge. There will probably be a small clip that holds in in placed that will need to bee undone. See if thius is how yours works.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Like Don said, I think a current production one would fit yours. Woods and materials have changed over the years, but I wouldn't think it would be too hard to find.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
Tenkara Fly Angler

1975 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Vernon , Texas
Same on our 75... Fold over with the latch
WBCCI #8578
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #5

1984 27' Sovereign
Fort collins , Colorado
Picture of table

Trying to figure out how to post a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	191044  
eldenturney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1963 19' Globetrotter
Marfa , Texas
Aside from the mechanical (I'm not familiar with the hardware on these) making leaves would be a breeze and only require a circular saw and an iron. I'm guessing it is Oak though it is hard to tell from the photo. With appropriate 3/4 veneered ply you could set-up a straightedge with a few clamps to run your circular saw against and cut out the needed dimension. It may be a good idea to apply masking tape along the cut to prevent tear-out. After cutting, apply iron-on (heat activated) edge veneer, trim it with a razor, and lightly sand with 220. All that stuff (red oak at least) is at the big box. May not be perfectly grain and color matched but should be good-looking nonetheless. I just did my Guacho side (minus original template)with the described method. Were I in Fort Fun I'd do it for you in 15min with my scrap. Congratulations on your new trailer.
Augustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:08 AM   #7
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
I would like to see a picture of the drop down table in the new 2015 30'er
Old 10-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2002 31' Classic
Currently Looking...
Monroe , Iowa
My '02 31' Classic has a drop down table that extends with a fold over leaf on the street side, and a drop down single place table on the door side.

With 3 folding chairs you could sit 6 people there.

Behind the door side table there is a narrow (3" or 4" wide) door to the area behind the stored table. It is my understanding that was for a wooden folding chair, which I do not have.

If your table required extra leaves, I'm sure Airstream had such a place to store them. If you can locate it, you may find you extra leaves.
terryV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryV View Post
If your table required extra leaves, I'm sure Airstream had such a place to store them. If you can locate it, you may find you extra leaves.
Very likely. One of my friends has a square-stream and he has a narrow cupboard just on the side where you enter/exit the trailer. He uses it to store an extra folding chair.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:17 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
The extra table "leaf" is stored behind the folding table on my 66 Trade Wind. It has a similar wood extension that yours has judging from the photo.

I wonder if the leaf isn't somewhere else in the trailer.

David
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote