Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1999 27' Safari
Palo Alto , California
Costco Sale - half price on Wood Laminate Flooring

I was in my local Costco today, and they were setting up for a sale on Harmonics Wood Laminate Flooring - $16 off per package with no limit. Normal Costco price at my local store is $30 to $36 per package of roughly 20 SQ feet - so this is about half off and less than $1 per SQ foot. The sale runs from June 14 to July 8.

The manufacturer's website is harmonics-flooring.com and they are already promoting the sale. Harmonics is made by Mohawk and is similar to Quickstep. The reviews I've found on the internet are pretty good...
ddruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
Airstreamer

2012 27' FB International
Bellevue , Washington
Thank you for this! On our 25' Airstream in the forward bedroom, we have carpeting. It drives me nuts since the rest of the AS has laminate. I'm going to check out what this flooring looks like -- sounds like the perfect price!
Old 06-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddruker View Post
I was in my local Costco today, and they were setting up for a sale on Harmonics Wood Laminate Flooring - $16 off per package with no limit. Normal Costco price at my local store is $30 to $36 per package of roughly 20 SQ feet - so this is about half off and less than $1 per SQ foot. The sale runs from June 14 to July 8.
Doesn't seem to be on sale here in Ontario, sadly.

I'm waiting for the Home Depot "Allure" flooring to go on sale. Completely waterproof, should stand up nicely in Henri.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Long Beach , California
I have my trailer gutted out all the way to the floor. What do most restorers do at this point. Install the entire floor space, or only what can visibly be seen?

Thanks for the sale tip at Costco. My wife and I were at Linoleum City shopping different flooring materials.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1999 27' Safari
Palo Alto , California
I just finished installing this in my 27 foot trailer. I think it turned out great. I also installed some 1 inch by 1/8 inch aluminum bar as baseboards, so there is a more clear border between the floor and the cabinetry.

My 27 foot trailer required six boxes of the cherry version of the flooring. I found it to be very easy to work with. Lots of precision cutting needed as I chose to lay it the short way across the trailer.

Total cost of materials for the hardwood flooring was only about $120 - amazing. I am also about 80% done tiling the bathroom floor - using flexible mastic and epoxy grout.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120728_175003.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	164057   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120728_175030.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	357.7 KB
ID:	164058  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120728_175046.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	282.8 KB
ID:	164059  
ddruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #6
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Looking very nice, ddruker! I particularly like the transition to the tile, and the AL basboard. Very slick!
Old 08-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #7
Airstreamer

2012 27' FB International
Bellevue , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddruker
I just finished installing this in my 27 foot trailer. I think it turned out great. I also installed some 1 inch by 1/8 inch aluminum bar as baseboards, so there is a more clear border between the floor and the cabinetry.

My 27 foot trailer required six boxes of the cherry version of the flooring. I found it to be very easy to work with. Lots of precision cutting needed as I chose to lay it the short way across the trailer.

Total cost of materials for the hardwood flooring was only about $120 - amazing. I am also about 80% done tiling the bathroom floor - using flexible mastic and epoxy grout.
Wow! You do excellent work. I really love the direction of the flooring sideways. It all looks so clean and elegant! Thanks for the inspiration