Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-28-2004, 12:26 PM   #1
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Wink Celestial Theme by Mini & MoonBeam

I decided to start a new post to the original Moonbeam New Decor since it was getting sooo long and took awhile to pull up w/all the pics. Here is the pic of new Moonface Crystal I purchased at a Craft show this weekend. Going to incorporate it into my kitchen window w/beaded curtain. I am still collecting beads for curtain and figuring out my plan to make it, but am really excited about possibilities. Trying to figure out a weekend to get "Mini" (her subtitle is now Mini MoonUnit,haha) to add new rubrail, new stained glass window, measure to start dinette seatcovers, and onandonandon.

Our theme (got to see yours in person) has given my husband all the more reason to want to get to Canada some day. He bought "Mini" there, but not much time to visit and see anything. Hope our "Starship" can make it up there someday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moon crystal.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	6255  

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 06:21 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi Leigh;

That is a cool crystal. Guess you will be collecting beads for quite a while - lots of windows

I agree - the last thread was getting really bulky - everyone loves to see the pictures but they do get quite long -if you are not on highspeed. Should do thumbnails when the thread is big and link them to the photo or after a while move the related pics to the members photo album with a link or something.

Not too much else happening on the celestial side - tried the bamboo door and I think we can make it work - might just be for the vintage shows - don't want it to catch fire on the stove

Have to think of a celestial desing for the top of the closet door mirror about 12" by 5" area.

Keep posting pics - I love to see what other people are doing!!!
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 07:56 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
oh, GT, by the way ... I dropped that little piece of stained glass in the mail about a week ago. For my 5 bucks they said it might take six weeks! I can't believe that and figure they were just trying to jack more postage outta me. I didn't fall for it.

It's addressed to Sharon "Moonbeam," for lack of a surname...
summerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 08:11 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi summerkid;

that is too funny - did I not give you my last name???

They will get a chuckle out of that at the post office - I will ring them and let them know - I have rural mail where I live but it is deliverd to the mail box at the end of the driveway.

I can't wait to see

I have the bathroom door out right now and it is being clamped. So I really hope it will all fit okay - but if it doesn't I am sure I will find the perfect spot within MoonBeam for it.

Thanks so much for your kindness
Old 04-28-2004, 08:23 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by COArgosy78
and onandonandon.
OK, it's obviously been a LONG day, when I spend the better part of two minutes sounding out onandonandon to figure out what one of those might be....LOL
Old 05-12-2004, 08:07 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid
oh, GT, by the way ... I dropped that little piece of stained glass in the mail about a week ago. For my 5 bucks they said it might take six weeks!
- GOLLYYYY What can I say - your piece is beautiful - arrived last week but have been so busy trying to get the MB cleaned up ready to take such a nice SG. As you can see it has a nice new home - will have to add to the check list - take down SG before rolling!!!

And here are my first set of curtains finally up!!!. Have not done the upholstery yet - going to use for a bit to determine if we need to have boost up the foam - or just get new??? And if new well the throws work well . Just need to get a front blind - might just use the old ones cut down for now until I can find the "perfect" blind

Now I have to hand sew the rest of the curtains thingymijiggers (there you go Tin Can Luv sound that one out ). I can't seem to line them up on the machine - some of them are pretty old so I have to be careful - have ordered more new ones but not here so too bad will have to sew em' later.

Nice day for a sit in the MB anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MB StainGlass.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	6532   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Front Curtains.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	6533  

Old 05-12-2004, 01:29 PM   #7
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Things seem to really be coming along for you and Moonbeam, Sharon! The SG that Summerkid sent you is a lovely addition That is one wonderful part of this forum...very thoughtful/helpful people.

I am still hunting/gathering beads for my kitchen window, the ones I have so far are quite wonderful. I am getting a terrible itch to get Mini and be off into the mountains, but kids are still in school for another week and I still have to work. Sounds like you too are ready to hit the road. Take care and keep posting. Later...

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
Old 09-04-2004, 02:32 PM   #8
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Faux Window Installed

Well, my beaded curtain has stalled at the moment, had to make some adjustments!! But, thought I would show the faux stained glass we had created last Spring and finally added to our back bath window this Summer. Turned out pretty good, I think. Adds some privacy and creates pretty colors inside when the sun hits it right, and I think makes our Mini Moonunit kind of unique.
Attached Images