Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
valley center , California
Bathroom doors missing

We are looking at an 09 international and the prior owner removed the sliding doors to the bathroom and bedroom. Can these be purchased anywhere ( and for how much) or is it something that can be built?
coffeelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
I'd give Andy at Inland RV a call. He can tell you if they are available and how much they are. Since it's a 09, I would think a dealer would still be able to get them.

Chris
Minno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Options

The 09 Internationals have hollow core doors on the bathroom - they may even have had a window in the door - tho those were discontinued in many models somewhere in the past. The bedroom never had a door, it was a sliding fabric thingy. Only the classics have sliding doors to the bedroom. If you choose to get this trailer negotiate the price seriously because you're gonna pay too much for replacements.

You should be able to get replacements from any Airstream dealer close to you - but they won't be cheap.

I'd suggest that you put a "wanted" ad in this site's classifieds as a lot of people remove the bathroom doors to get some knee room.

I've seen one or two units where the owner put in heavy quilted fabric curtains on a traverse rod over the bathroom door. IMHO "privacy" in a trailer may be sight related but you can still hear every sound. I think a good lined curtain could give you better sound isolation - and you could leave it open an inch or two at night so the bath wouldn't get so cold overnight.

Paula