Bambi bed platform modification...
I sometimes can't leave well enough alone...
I had our Bambi stripped for a really thorough cleaning when I decided that the bed platform needed a little help. As delivered from the mothership, there were huge 2" gaps between the Formica covered bulkheads and the platform that would occasionally swallow whatever fell down there. Phones, wallets, iPads, magazines and various books have all had to be retrieved from the "nether regions" of the trailers bowels...
For the past year or so, I'd resorted to a duct tape fix.
It worked, but it seemed so SOB...
So, I unscrewed the platform, purchased a nice piece of 1/2" Baltic Birch plywood and made a new one. Not willing to leave it at that, I decided to put on a few coats of polyurethane so that it would be easy to keep clean!
There is still a gap behind the hamper in one picture but I have made a little bridge piece that I will cover in foam backed vinyl and install.
No more searching in places not easily accessed for us!
By the way, when I pulled the platform out, it was amazingly dusty/dirty down there. Easy to clean when it is up!
Barely getting by, towing our 16' Bambi with our Ram 2500 CTD "Moby"!