Old 07-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Fredericksburg , Texas
Here are some modifications I have made to our 2007 Classic Limited. This has some dividers to make the cabinet above the sink more useful.Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabinet over sink.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	191280

This change was to use space under the sink that AS had blanked out, probably because it was more cost effective to build it the way they did.Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabinet under sink.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	191282

I added a microwave because they had not done so in their top of the line unit. I also added a spice cabinet like the one that was in our 1996 21'.Click image for larger version

Name:	Microwave and Spice Cabinet.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	191281

Larger view of microwave. Click image for larger version

Name:	Microwave and spice cabinet2.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	191283

The upper part of the pantry was not very useful because you could not see, nor reach what was in the back. I added pull out shelves to resolve this.Click image for larger version

Name:	Pantry with pull out shelves.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	191284

Here is the picture showing the shelves pulled out.Click image for larger version

Name:	Pantry with shelves pulled out.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	191285

I have one more modification planned at the present time. Again it was something that was in our 1996 Sovereign. The space above the refrig is just blanked out. I drilled a hole in the side of the space through the wall of the adjacent closet and inserted a flexible scope and saw that nothing was preventing me from using this space so I will tackle it next. It will be a good place to store wine glasses.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Morgan Guy, isn't that space above the fridge blanked off so the fridge can vent out the roof.

Some earlier models had different interiors with the fridge mounted further away from the shell, allowing ventilation behind an over-the-fridge microwave. Ours has an extra exterior vent door for the fridge to allow a microwave over it.

Overall, all the niches and crannies are used pretty well but everyone finds ways to customize a bit. Or a lot, we are considering replacing the dinette/side lounge assembly with more comfortable recliner chairs because we are traveling six months a year. Not something I would recommend for weekend/vacation campers. To each, their own.

doug k

Old 07-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Fredericksburg , Texas
The ventilation for the fridge is at the back of the fridge. The space on top is just dead space. I will box in the part I want to use and it will have no effect on the cooling. The tricky part is cutting out the face without making a jagged mess. Have to do that slowly.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan guy View Post
The ventilation for the fridge is at the back of the fridge. The space on top is just dead space. I will box in the part I want to use and it will have no effect on the cooling. The tricky part is cutting out the face without making a jagged mess. Have to do that slowly.
I thought the vent door at the back of the fridge was to draw cooling air in, and the the vent above in the roof is to let the cooling air out.

doug k
Old 07-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
in a motor home is saw a recess above to fridge to store mugs. i thought it was a great idea with minimal impact to the fridge ventilation.
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Fridge Vent

Remember, when making modifications, that the enclosed area behind the fridge should be sealed as it is the "exhaust system" when the fridge is running on gas. It therefore needs to be completely sealed except for the vent in at the bottom or side and the vent out at the top or side.

Dan
Old 07-21-2013, 03:03 AM   #35
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Others would say when Beatrice Foods bought them in 1969/70... WTH does a food company know about building travel trailers?Aaron
A similar example -

Fresh out of college, my 1st job was with Tenneco Inc. in Houston - in the age of the "conglomerate" company. They owned a huge natural gas distribution & sales company and a well run oil company. To be trendy (read that as becoming a comglomerate company), they bought Newport News Shipbuilding (think aircraft carriers, as well as normal ships), J.I.Case tractors, Monroe shock absorbers and even an almond growing & sales company. They were proud to call themselves "diversified". They really thought a manager that was good in the oil patch could manage a ship building company. Or that a manager from the tractor company could make intelligent decisions running an oil company .

Last I heard, whatever remains of Tenneco was a pitiful shell of a small insignificant company.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #36
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Fredericksburg , Texas
Cabinet Over Refrigerator

I had said in an earlier post that I would add a cabinet above the refrigerator similar to the one that was in our 1996 Sovereign. I have done that with one exception, I left it as an open cabinet instead of installing a door. You have to be careful working in this area to avoid getting gas from the fridge combustion process from getting into the trailer. I very carefully caulked every seam as I was installing it. The front dowel rods are removable to make cleaning the space easier. The space behind the cabinet ends at the vent going to the roof and should make the exhaust gases flow easier with less turbulence.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-31 15.09.24.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	192547  
Old 08-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
very nice! if you made it out of aluminum it could be a bread warmer ;-)
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #38
3 Rivet Member

1990 34' Excella
1990 29' Land Yacht
Vintage Kin Owner
Americus , Also Valrico, Fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by richinny View Post
very nice! if you made it out of aluminum it could be a bread warmer ;-)
looks great just the way it is..make me one :-)