Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2014, 08:25 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1975 31' Excella 500
Boring , Oregon
Advice on selling interior parts 1975 Excella 500

I am new here, just got my new to me 31' 1975 Excella 500 over the weekend. I have been reading the forums for some time though learning and absorbing all the good info this forum has.

I will be completely remodeling it, starting with wall to wall flooring, as it's in pretty good shape there are many original parts I would like to sell. What do you all suggest for selling original parts? Is it worth it? If anyone has done this I sure would appreciate the suggestions & advice on what you did or didn't do.
Thanks everyone! I am so excited to get started!!
greenkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Beautiful , Oregon
Not a direct answer to your question. I would maybe suggest keeping the bulk and maybe some other relevant parts as pattern.

Tony
Tony S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:34 PM   #3

1979 31' Excella 500
Palmyra , Pennsylvania
I can't give any advice but we have a 1979 Excella 500 and could use some things such as the china cabinet above the refrigerator, bathroom light covers.....perhaps more. Any chance you live near Pennsylvania? We are keeping ours as original as possible (except for the new beds and sofa and floor). Thanks, Sylvia
sylrn40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:03 PM   #4
Site Team

1963 26' Overlander
Hollis , New Hampshire
In general most parts are worth something......

Just a note, please use the free classified ads on this forum to sell them because selling is not permitted in the main forums.
reinergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:55 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Portsmouth , Virginia
Use the airstream classifieds section to post any of your parts you want to sell: Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstream Trailers For Sale As somebody else mentioned, keep any of the bulkheads as patterns for any new pieces you have to make. Used appliances usually sell pretty well as long as they are working and in decent shape.

So besides remodeling the interior, whats the condition of the subfloor and frame? Have you pulled any part of the belly pan to assess what your 39 yo trailer looks like?

Ongoing adventures at:
https://1973overlander.blogspot.com/
aquinob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:52 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1975 31' Excella 500
Boring , Oregon
I am in the Portland, OR area, I was not trying to sell anything here just to make sure people know that. Thanks for letting me know where I can though!

I will hopefully be starting to take pieces out this Saturday, I told my daughter she could have her birthday slumber party in it before I start. So I haven't torn into anything yet. It's been pouring here so at least I can see where any obvious leaks are right now LOL, appears to only be around the rear vent & I will be needing new seals for all the doors & windows. All but one is are ok but at nearly 40 years old I think it would be smart to replace them all to ensure nothing new gets water damaged.

I tried to attach a photo. This is right after I pressure washed it, hopefully it uploads. I actually got a bit of a sun burn from the reflection & I had sunscreen on! Took me about 4 hours to pressure wash it but it was oh so satisfying.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1975 31' Excella 500
Boring , Oregon
I don't think that worked. How do you upload a photo?
Old 04-23-2014, 10:03 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
If the photo is hosted on the internet, get it in a window by itself (right click menu, then "view image" on a PC). Then copy the URL (in the address bar at top) and past that into the popup window when you click the mountain-y photo icon.

If you want to pull a picture off your computer, click the "go advanced" button below the reply box. Then click the paperclip (manage attachments) at the top of the new box. Upload as many pictures as you want to include, then go back to your post.

Any time you want to put a picture in, click the paper clip again and select the picture you want. That picture will be inserted where the cursor is in your text. Or you can put them all in at once and they will show up as a string of photos.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:58 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

1975 31' Excella 500
Boring , Oregon
Here she is!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream side view.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	526.8 KB
ID:	210397