Old 10-09-2016, 02:52 PM   #1

2005 16' Safari
Santa Fe , New Mexico
2005 interior fabric walls

I have a 2005 bambi with a white nylon(?) fabric walls. The ceiling in several areas has discolored brown with water stains from the roof vent. Does anyone know how to get these stains out?

Old 11-11-2016, 10:37 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasmaahs View Post
I have a 2005 bambi with a white nylon(?) fabric walls. The ceiling in several areas has discolored brown with water stains from the roof vent. Does anyone know how to get these stains out?

Try kilz

Old 11-12-2016, 07:04 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasmaahs View Post

Welcome,
I used OxiClean on mine. Exceptable results but not perfect. Several threads on the subject here. Some folks recommend a carpet cleaning service.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:05 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
We also used Oxyclean with decent results - I think it best to just dab the solution on rather than scrub it in so as not to "fuzz up" the fabric too much. May take a few applications - we had a few light stains due to a water leak from a window and it the oxyclean seemed to do a pretty good job.

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 11:14 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
South Hero , Vermont
I have a $100.00 homeowner carpet shampooer that has an upholstery tool. I used it with the carpet shampoo solution, then rinsed with water and few drops of vinegar in the tool. The mouse fur is much cleaner and I was shocked at the color of the water when I was done.

On an island in Vermont
Old 11-12-2016, 11:16 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2008 22' Sport
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Airstreams suffer from interior humidity similarly to boats with living quarters such as sailboats, cruisers, houseboats, etc., due to the impermeability of the aluminum construction which does not allow the exchange of atmosphere.

Those with interior aluminum walls have condensation-issues...those with fabric or "mouse fur" develop mold-spots...which is likely what you have rather than water leaks (although that is a possibile contributor.)

When we bought our used AS we thought they were use-stains but soon realized it was mold. I fixed it with a shop wet/dry vacuum and a product known as "Spot Shot" found at WalMart. https://www.amazon.com/Spot-Shot-009...478974232&sr=1 I spray the aerosol product onto the stain and as the spray is advanced along the stain the spray is closely followed by the vacuum hose/adaptor. Thereby the stain is hit with the cleaner and immediately, while still wet, sucked up along with the stain.

Works great and no further mold development (probably since I don't store the unit outdoors all closed up like the Previous Owner did.) Some folks store their units with a dehumidifier inside and periodically empty the dehumidifier-pan...and some folks put the DH inside the shower so that when it overflows it simply runs into the grey tank. (I don't use a DH at all as I live in a fairly dry area of the world, Central TX Hill Country, and I have it stored inside a dry bldg.)
Attached Images

Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:15 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
San Antonio , Texas
Try using as small dehumidifier. It works wonders without chemicals. I have one running all the time and is automatic.