Old 04-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
Corning , New York
2004 Safari 25' jackknife sofa

This sofa is no longer comfortable, maybe never was, but we really need the storage space under it. Any suggestions for replacements?

Tom U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Yes, We have the same year and model trailer as yours. The sofa got a little mouth eaten and we were never fond of it and the clunky little table.
My wife jerked everything out including the carpet and linoleum which were getting nasty. Since we didn't have anything to replace what was taken out, I was a bit nervous. But she figured she would never get me off the dime unless the trailer was gutted
We put composite flooring on the floor and a nice dinette where the couch and table were. Storage is in drawers under the dinette and on the counter built around the dinette. A flat screen on the wall and a china toilet completes the remodel. The trailer is much more livable. I have a place to work and we can seat 4 for dinner comfortably. We never had a place to put anything in the old trailer and we have quadrupled the counter space.
We have about $5,000 in the job including a professional carpenter. Cost would be half without the carpenter but there is no way I could do the work without it looking like**** as there is quite a bit of trim work.
Send me a private message with your email if you want pictures.
handn is offline   Reply With Quote