Old 06-24-2013, 06:18 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
Newton Abbot , Devon
Windows/parts for a 1947 Liner & general advise

Hello,

It looks as if I have come to the right place for help for my potential first AS as I am considering buying and restoring back to original condition one of these beauties.

She is now a UK resident as I am too(Swedish nationality, in case you wonder where my sense of or lack of humour stems from ).

She is a not a complete wreck, but will require a new chassis/frame, some new external panels and one or two internal panels, not to mention all new side windows, rear/front windows and a complete new interior. My intention is to make her useable for my family but at the same time sticking with the lightweight spartan interior of the original, perhaps with the addition of a WC/shower.
- I have tried researching what the interior could have looked like originally and also understand they were often custom made, but am I wrong in assuming the 1948 and 1949 Liners were very similar if not identical?
- For parts like windows (complete), is there a likelihood of originals being available from that era that would fit, or is it a case of having them custom made?
- Any other source of information on these early Trailers would also be most welcomed.

Ps. I will have an AS restorer do the work but will be very much involved in all the decisions to restore her fully.

Many thanks for your kind help and consideration of my questions.

Regards,

Per

Old 06-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #2

Currently Looking...
Newton Abbot , Devon
Please ignore the interior layout query above as Airstream Inc. has solved this issue for me on their website.

-If I may add a query on re-building the frame - If there are detailed instruction available on how best to tackle the 'pipe frame', please direct me to where.

-All interior side panels are fixed with screws and appear to be original - your thoughts on this welcomed.

Thanks.

Ps. Can't find the edit button, hence 'quick reply' to my own posting!

Tags