Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2017, 05:42 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2023 23' International
Macon , Georgia
Looking at the booth layouts at the Florida Super Show in January, Airstream is showing they have 2 booths in separate locations, one larger and one smaller. I wonder if they will be showing the Nest, or maybe its for the Interstate. It may be too early for the Nest, although there was mention that it would be introduced in early 2018.
Roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:13 AM   #42
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Could be from two different dealers.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:02 AM   #43
Rivet Master

Lakes Region , New Hampshire
Read the first post of this thread.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...iew-83424.html
RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:41 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2023 23' International
Macon , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyNH View Post

Am I seeing, in one of the pictures, a step when going down the hallway???
Old 12-07-2017, 06:02 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtech View Post
I think so. I did not read the entire thread linked by RandyNH, but it looks good. Will read it later.

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:03 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:

Thanks. Is the Parkliner mentioned in some of the posts the same unit that was made in NC a few years ago, and now has been reborn?

Hmmm . . . we looked at one but decided it was not for us. A nice efficient design however.

Peter
Old 12-07-2017, 06:22 AM   #47
Rivet Master

2023 23' International
Macon , Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
I think so. Peter
That could make for an interesting, middle of the night, walk down the hall!
Old 12-07-2017, 06:25 AM   #48
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Optical illusion?
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:04 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Post #14 in that thread: “Looks like the Nest has a 3 tier/step interior? No sure that is conducive to nighttime sleep walking.”

Old 12-07-2017, 09:04 AM   #50
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
PS upon closer examination, the top right photo in that other thread does show a step up IMO, with the bath door aft of the drop, at the lower floor just inside the back door. Guessing . . . as one enters the Nest through the rear door, that one passes the bath on the right [curb side], and steps up to the next level at the cook top or sink, and that one is actually stepping over the axle area.

No sign of details on the AS Nest page.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:28 AM   #51
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
While watching TV last week, an ad for a COPD medication came up. As the happy user returned to normal life, he walked past a Nest in some exotic location. Product placement? Of course.

Looking at the Oliver, the floor space is very narrow. It's more like a boat with a center aisle. Two people would be crowded.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:18 AM   #52
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
While watching TV last week, an ad for a COPD medication came up. As the happy user returned to normal life, he walked past a Nest in some exotic location. Product placement? Of course.
. . .
I am pretty sure that the trailer pictured in that ad was not a Nest, and that this was discussed in another thread. I recall posting a screen shot from the commercial, and further discussion a year or so ago, but I can't find it right now. Will look later today.

Peter
Old 12-07-2017, 12:19 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
Optical illusion?
I think so. I think the hallway gets wider at the point it looks like a step riser.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:07 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
To me, the biggest surprise in the interior pictures is the overall floorplan. The original prototype had a permanent bed in the front, and a table for two on one side (across from the bathroom). Folding chairs were provided for use at the table (the aisle was not wide enough to have permanent chairs or a bench).

The new pictures show a wrap-around dinette in front (which must convert to a bed, kitchen sink/cooktop on one side, and cabinets under a countertop on the other. I don't see evidence of the side table.

Of course, the original floor plan was unusual, and many people would find it strange. The new floor plan is more conventional.

We have a 13 foot Scamp with a double bed in the rear, and a two-person dinette in the front (no bathroom). If we were to buy a 16-17 foot trailer now, we would insist on a double bed, separate two-person dinette/eating area, and a bathroom--pretty much what the 16 foot AS has.
SSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #55
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam View Post
I think so. I think the hallway gets wider at the point it looks like a step riser.
On the right side of photo #2 it does look like what you say. However, on the left, there appears to be a white cabinet or fridge door, with what appears to be a vertical edge going down in front of that black riser, to the "lower floor" as described in Post #50. This door has a silver pull/handle at its top right corner.

On the right, is that a black round heat duct/register coming out the sidewall just forward of the bathroom door hinge?

If you zoom in on that photo, it seems more obvious but who knows? I would post a screen shot except for the copyright complications here.

Peter

PS -- Here is RandyNH's link again: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...iew-83424.html
Old 12-07-2017, 03:00 PM   #56
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
This post by Paula on the Airstream Sightings thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
ANORA COMMERCIAL

Did I just see a Nest in that commercial? Not sure, but if so, Airstream is really doing a good job with product placement.

Paula
. . . was referenced in Post #32 in this thread:

[click on orange arrow to go to this post]
Quote:
I grabbed your post from the Airstream Sightings thread, in order to reply here, because this may be the commercial you mentioned, and it may open up a new discussion on the Nest IMO:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/w58e/anoro-go-your-own-way

Nice Fleetwood Mac song!

Here is a screen capture of that trailer, which looks like it may have a pop-up roof for standing headroom inside. The man on the left could probably not stand up inside as-is. Not an AS Nest, in my opinion, but in the video it sure did look like one, especially the color. [Edit -- If you pause the video at time stamp 0:44, it looks like the roof is popped up about 8-10" IMO, just barely visible above the deployed awning.]

Thanks for the heads up!

Does anyone recognize this small trailer? Thanks.

Peter

PS -- Here are the Google Image Search results for the image below:

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sb...byzzgdWA&hl=en

If you click on the various images within these results, and keep clicking on "More Images" etc., there are some pretty unusual vehicles pictured!
. . . and the following Post #33 by Grant Davidson ID's the trailer as:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidsonOverlander View Post

Check out the link above to watch the Anoro commercial, and please see the photos in those earlier posts to confirm the identity of the trailer.

Cheers,

Peter
Old 12-07-2017, 03:05 PM   #57
4 Rivet Member

2013 28' International
Bozeman , Montana
Quote:

I think it looks sweet in the pics, very appealing. Even though it is not a trailer for us currently, I'm happy to see it coming together for Airstream and hoping for the best.
HeadWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:00 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
On the right side of photo #2 it does look like what you say. However, on the left, there appears to be a white cabinet or fridge door, with what appears to be a vertical edge going down in front of that black riser, to the "lower floor" as described in Post #50. This door has a silver pull/handle at its top right corner.

Peter

PS -- Here is RandyNH's link again: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...iew-83424.html
To me it looks like the cabinet you describe is a few inches out from the cabinet that is further away, creating the illusion of a step.

As you said, who knows.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:05 PM   #59
Rivet Master

Lakes Region , New Hampshire
Quote:
PS upon closer examination, the top right photo in that other thread does show a step up IMO, with the bath door aft of the drop, at the lower floor just inside the back door. Guessing . . . as one enters the Nest through the rear door, that one passes the bath on the right [curb side], and steps up to the next level at the cook top or sink, and that one is actually stepping over the axle area.

No sign of details on the AS Nest page.
I've attached a link to the airstream sneak peek page, from earlier in the year HERE, according to the mold, you are not stepping over the axle. You'll also note that the side storage compartment is missing on the show model.
I don't believe it is a tiered floor, but the tanks have to go somewhere and it looks like the fill ports are just in front of the wheel well on the street side. All that and why is the rear of the shower elevated in the last photo?

Whereas they are using a single layer fiberglass, I hope the interior is completely done in soft white ultra leather (I mean ceiling and such) not just hard white sheet ply or something (kinda how pictures look)

This one has a sky light up front (probably doesn't open) a fantastic fan in the middle and an AC in the back.

I believe the original design, by Robert, was to have the axle as part of the body, and this unit is clearly built onto a light weight steel (rust) frame, it's disappointing that they didn't have a light weight aluminum frame designed for it...

It appears the fridge is above the microwave (street side) and looking at the sneak peak pictures I don't see any venting in that area (prefab holes and forms), oh-oh here comes the Basecamp thoughts...

It will be interesting to see what stresses the single layer can withstand, having that full length awning supported up high, like it is. I can't tell how much our by what means it is reinforced, it doesn't appear much thicker. I know the Olivers use a pretty thick honeycomb matrix for anywhere that required reinforced mounting or support, and the roof is supposed to be strong enough to support standing weight.

Hopefully it's at the next show too and they don't put the "no photo" signs in the way of all the good pictures again...

Oh, any guesses on why they would put the name (nest) in lower case and parenthesis on the front?
RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:43 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks Randy. My impression is that the current version of the Nest differs from that in your linked page. Not sure where I read that -- maybe on the fiberglasrv site you linked earlier (in the comments?).

Time will tell!

Peter