Old 10-07-2018, 04:13 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Jamestown , Ohio
Front end protection..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfemp View Post
but I have found a few small spots where there has been some effort to caulk. Also have a pebbled area on one of the two covers for the batteries and LPG tank. So, nothing yet that's alarming but it has yet to be moved other than 10 miles from the Dealer to home.
I wonder if the 3M protection on the Sport or some other film could be used on the front of the Nest to improve protection from stones.

buzzkill58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:47 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
none , none
Factory screen door installed wrong?

So can anyone from Airstream explain why the top and bottom screen door panels are different lengths by a quarter inch? You know this makes the door not catch the mag strip correctly when closed. Not only that but airstream assembled the mag strip backwards.

iCjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:56 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
none , none
Talking Factory assembly not paying attention.

Ahh the more I look, the more I see screws forgotten and left out. Even on the bottom of the table in the 16u, tapped hole for screw but no screw screwed, I guess they screwed up. Ah I guess the guy was a screw ball and just forgot to check his work.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:55 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

Clovis , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzkill58 View Post
I wonder if the 3M protection on the Sport or some other film could be used on the front of the Nest to improve protection from stones.

Sure you could...many people get it installed on there vehicles to protect against what your talking about. 3M actually developed it for the front of car hoods after market. Just find a installer and bring it in. It comes in large rolls and its custom cut to fit whatever they are trying to apply it to.

They have also taken it to the next level by being able to make it any color. Some people have their cars wrapped to achieve a different look and if done properly can be pretty nice.
powerwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:30 PM   #19
Dogs Rule

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Liberty Hill , TX
Great idea, any chance there are photos of your handy work?
Jcpelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:32 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Jamestown , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcpelton View Post
Great idea, any chance there are photos of your handy work?
I will... Talked to the Ziebart tech support, they said there should be no issues with putting Z-shield on gelcoat. Airstream tech support said they have not tested it and it would be on Ziebart to cover. I plan on talking to my local Ziebart dealer and see what they say.
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
2019 Nest
Old 11-11-2018, 11:35 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Jamestown , Ohio
My Wish List

My wish list for the Nest so far:

1) 120Vac outlets next to the USB outlets on the front ledge under the front window.
2) Sink in the wet bath... something similar to the sink in the nuCamp T@B.
3) Bigger propane tank.
4) Sight increase in the height of the under trailer storage.
5) Increase the length of the sewer hose storage about 1Ē
6) Bumpers
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
2019 Nest
Old 11-13-2018, 08:47 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
none , none
Arrow Flipped bathroom door.

I flipped the bathroom door the other way so the swing comes from the back. this made so much more sense making it easier to get in and out of the head. If you don't mind a gray door side I think it actually accents the interior. Was a simple process, but pay attention to getting your hing right. The lock is a matter of flipping that as well and getting the lock hing centered just right. It took me about an hour to d and looks great. Actually will hold less water in the sill this way, easier to clean.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:06 AM   #23
Dogs Rule

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Liberty Hill , TX
Mods for Nest

After several long trips here are my recommendations:

1) Increase size of the two outside storage to accommodate power cords, adapters, sewer elbow, water filters, water hoses. There's plenty of space.

2) Add shock absorber(s) to the axle

3) Add mud flaps to protect sewer valve & connections

4) Add sufficient sewer hose storage for 20" (compressed) of hose. Elbow would go in the outside box storage if the box was taller.

5) Like the idea of changing the bath door to open towards the back door.

6) Secure storage of the stabilizer wrench, not just loose in the closet. A previous post had a good idea but pics would help.

7) Back up camera

8) Secure threaded fasteners on the step with removable thread-locker.

9) Add a switch for the back door light - it attracts insects like crazy and every time the door is open they swoop in the cabin.

10) Door shade should open from the top - previous post mentions an easy 180 degree swap.
Jcpelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:02 PM   #24

2019 Nest
Saint Donat de Montcalm , Quebec
I have used my Nest full time for 2 weeks now and traveled approximately 3000 miles. Did find 2 screws on the floor. No idea where they came from.
The closet pole kept on sliding out of its hole towards the fridge compartment. Clothes kept on falling as I travelled. I have removed the pole, made 1/8 holes in each side , reinserted the metal rings and added 1 screw on each side with electric tape to prevent sliding. Put back the pole in place, cut along the entire length the plactic sound sleeve that prevents clothes from sliding and inserted it over the pole by opening it.
Works fantastic.
Moncla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:16 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Jamestown , Ohio
Thumbs up

These are great.. I did manage to get my elbow to go in the outside storage by angling it up from the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcpelton View Post
After several long trips here are my recommendations:

1) Increase size of the two outside storage to accommodate power cords, adapters, sewer elbow, water filters, water hoses. There's plenty of space.

4) Add sufficient sewer hose storage for 20" (compressed) of hose. Elbow would go in the outside box storage if the box was taller.

6) Secure storage of the stabilizer wrench, not just loose in the closet. A previous post had a good idea but pics would help.

7) Back up camera

8) Secure threaded fasteners on the step with removable thread-locker.

9) Add a switch for the back door light - it attracts insects like crazy and every time the door is open they swoop in the cabin.
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
2019 Nest
Old 11-21-2018, 05:03 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
none , none
Cool Mod Photos and Youtube Nest Channel

So I have done alot of mods so far to make the nest more ergonomic, and I'm sure you want to see what I have done, so I will take the time to take photos of everything I have done. Also I'm going to be making some Youtube videos of everything. Soon as I have the links to my Nest Channel will let you all know.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:16 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
none , none
Question Solar mod help any ideas?

I want to be able to run direct from solar panels to the RV hook up, so I can run the 11o outlets and power the AC, fridge and all the other stuff I have. I don't simply want to charge batteries with a zamp solar kit. I want to truly make my Nest unit off grid. My goal is to try and live out of the unit full time. I have already started researching rain water collection and various other ideas, things to be free from bills. So I'm trying to figure out how many solar panels I need. I saw one guy on youtube who actually mounted a commercial grade panel to the top of his car that powers his AC directly in his RV.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:04 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
none , none
Talking Fridge magenets don't stick.

Ok who sells a fridge that magnets don't stick too? Ahh going to fix that soon. seems you can slide out the front panel and I'm going to roll my own. You gotta have fridge magnets right?