Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2018, 11:35 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Jamestown , Ohio
My Wish List

My wish list for the Nest so far:

1) 120Vac outlets next to the USB outlets on the front ledge under the front window.
2) Sink in the wet bath... something similar to the sink in the nuCamp T@B.
3) Bigger propane tank.
4) Sight increase in the height of the under trailer storage.
5) Increase the length of the sewer hose storage about 1”
6) Bumpers
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
2019 Nest
buzzkill58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:47 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
none , none
Arrow Flipped bathroom door.

I flipped the bathroom door the other way so the swing comes from the back. this made so much more sense making it easier to get in and out of the head. If you don't mind a gray door side I think it actually accents the interior. Was a simple process, but pay attention to getting your hing right. The lock is a matter of flipping that as well and getting the lock hing centered just right. It took me about an hour to d and looks great. Actually will hold less water in the sill this way, easier to clean.
iCjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:06 AM   #23
Dogs Rule

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Liberty Hill , TX
Mods for Nest

After several long trips here are my recommendations:

1) Increase size of the two outside storage to accommodate power cords, adapters, sewer elbow, water filters, water hoses. There's plenty of space.

2) Add shock absorber(s) to the axle

3) Add mud flaps to protect sewer valve & connections

4) Add sufficient sewer hose storage for 20" (compressed) of hose. Elbow would go in the outside box storage if the box was taller.

5) Like the idea of changing the bath door to open towards the back door.

6) Secure storage of the stabilizer wrench, not just loose in the closet. A previous post had a good idea but pics would help.

7) Back up camera

8) Secure threaded fasteners on the step with removable thread-locker.

9) Add a switch for the back door light - it attracts insects like crazy and every time the door is open they swoop in the cabin.

10) Door shade should open from the top - previous post mentions an easy 180 degree swap.
Jcpelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:02 PM   #24

2019 Nest
Saint Donat de Montcalm , Quebec
I have used my Nest full time for 2 weeks now and traveled approximately 3000 miles. Did find 2 screws on the floor. No idea where they came from.
The closet pole kept on sliding out of its hole towards the fridge compartment. Clothes kept on falling as I travelled. I have removed the pole, made 1/8 holes in each side , reinserted the metal rings and added 1 screw on each side with electric tape to prevent sliding. Put back the pole in place, cut along the entire length the plactic sound sleeve that prevents clothes from sliding and inserted it over the pole by opening it.
Works fantastic.
Moncla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:16 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Jamestown , Ohio
Thumbs up

These are great.. I did manage to get my elbow to go in the outside storage by angling it up from the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcpelton View Post
After several long trips here are my recommendations:

1) Increase size of the two outside storage to accommodate power cords, adapters, sewer elbow, water filters, water hoses. There's plenty of space.

4) Add sufficient sewer hose storage for 20" (compressed) of hose. Elbow would go in the outside box storage if the box was taller.

6) Secure storage of the stabilizer wrench, not just loose in the closet. A previous post had a good idea but pics would help.

7) Back up camera

8) Secure threaded fasteners on the step with removable thread-locker.

9) Add a switch for the back door light - it attracts insects like crazy and every time the door is open they swoop in the cabin.
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
2019 Nest
Old 11-21-2018, 05:03 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
none , none
Cool Mod Photos and Youtube Nest Channel

So I have done alot of mods so far to make the nest more ergonomic, and I'm sure you want to see what I have done, so I will take the time to take photos of everything I have done. Also I'm going to be making some Youtube videos of everything. Soon as I have the links to my Nest Channel will let you all know.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:16 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
none , none
Question Solar mod help any ideas?

I want to be able to run direct from solar panels to the RV hook up, so I can run the 11o outlets and power the AC, fridge and all the other stuff I have. I don't simply want to charge batteries with a zamp solar kit. I want to truly make my Nest unit off grid. My goal is to try and live out of the unit full time. I have already started researching rain water collection and various other ideas, things to be free from bills. So I'm trying to figure out how many solar panels I need. I saw one guy on youtube who actually mounted a commercial grade panel to the top of his car that powers his AC directly in his RV.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:04 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
none , none
Talking Fridge magenets don't stick.

Ok who sells a fridge that magnets don't stick too? Ahh going to fix that soon. seems you can slide out the front panel and I'm going to roll my own. You gotta have fridge magnets right?
Old 11-21-2018, 06:12 PM   #29
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
none , none
Talking OMG!! Added a door bell!!

Ok I know this is crazy but I had one of those remote control door bell ringers I picked up at wallymart and I thought let's use that for the nest, but how do I get the doorbell button to mount to the back door on the nest? BINGO suction cups... oh my god suction cups are my new best friend and they work great on the nest. The ringer is actually mounted to the wood side panel inside next to the bathroom door. BAM!!! winner winner chicken dinner.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:49 AM   #30
1 Rivet Member

2022 30' Globetrotter
Jacksonville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzkill58 View Post
I added a WiFi Ranger to my Nest. So far I have been happy with it.
Just picked up our ‘19 Nest and spending the weekend for our shake down trip. Interested in how and where you mounted the WiFi Ranger. Definitely need one! Thanks, Bruce
bfafard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:13 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Jamestown , Ohio
I have a 16U... the Ranger’s outdoor unit is mounted on the roof, street side forward of the air conditioner. The cable was ran down inside the refrigerator’s area and comes out near the counter top below the antenna jacks. The power connection is routed back through the same hole down to the power center.
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
2019 Nest
Old 03-20-2019, 03:54 PM   #32

2019 Nest
Davis , California
Tent extension ideas?

i'm interested in getting a tent or canopy to extend off the back door area. I'd like to have a small "mud room" and have seen some promising ideas mostly brands from Australia and Germany --Oztent and Reimo. It needs to be 8' high at the point of the trailer door and there is a little metal ledge above the door that could allow for some sort of clip to create a rainproof barrier. Something designed for the back of a Sprinter might be the ticket. ANY IDEAS???
NorCal Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 03:05 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
2021 25' Flying Cloud
Torrance , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Craig View Post
i'm interested in getting a tent or canopy to extend off the back door area. I'd like to have a small "mud room" and have seen some promising ideas mostly brands from Australia and Germany --Oztent and Reimo. It needs to be 8' high at the point of the trailer door and there is a little metal ledge above the door that could allow for some sort of clip to create a rainproof barrier. Something designed for the back of a Sprinter might be the ticket. ANY IDEAS???
I second this idea. Have not been able to find anything yet, but I would even settle for a way to connect an EZ-Up to the back of the Nest
Rknobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 03:07 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
2021 25' Flying Cloud
Torrance , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCjay View Post
I flipped the bathroom door the other way so the swing comes from the back. this made so much more sense making it easier to get in and out of the head. If you don't mind a gray door side I think it actually accents the interior. Was a simple process, but pay attention to getting your hing right. The lock is a matter of flipping that as well and getting the lock hing centered just right. It took me about an hour to d and looks great. Actually will hold less water in the sill this way, easier to clean.
Do you have any pictures? I’m not sure how you would go about doing this without doing quite a bit of surgery on the door frame and the door itself
Rknobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 12:32 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
none , none
I'm back!

Life comes at you fast for sure, Sorry I was away for so long, had family issues come up but I'm back to modding my nest and can't wait to show off what I have done.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:28 AM   #36
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Flower Mound , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCjay View Post
Life comes at you fast for sure, Sorry I was away for so long, had family issues come up but I'm back to modding my nest and can't wait to show off what I have done.
Glad to know you’re ok! I’ve read thru all Nest related posts as I think about purchasing one. You were one of the few that posted frequently, so I was worried when you suddenly stopped.

I look forward to reading you future posts. How is your Nest working out? Any regrets?
SubaruLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:49 AM   #37
1 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
North Oaks , Minnesota
Bunk for Grandchild

https://www.flickr.com/photos/181764...posted-public/
Our first modification to our new Nest is a removable bunkbed for our 4 year old grandchild. We made it out of PVC pipe and added a fabric hammock with self driving screws. We got the idea from DIY dog beds made from the same. We angled the corners at the head and foot of one side of the bunk to fit in the curves of the Nest, so that we could use it on either end of our bed. Our feet fit under the bunk easily and made it high enough so it wasn't too hard to get out of bed with a child sleeping in bunk. The legs of the bunk are removable so it is easy to get in and out of our Nest and easy to store.
After seeing other posts here, I think I will turn the shade on the back door upside down.
I am wondering how other Nest owners handle things like brushing teeth and face washing. Do you have a mirror near the kitchen sink? Do you have special storage in the bathroom? What do you do with wet dish towels? I don't want water to hurt the walls or cabinets if it is wet over time.
This is our first RV, so I imagine most folks know these things.
Maattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 02:54 PM   #38
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Flower Mound , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maattie View Post
Very creative! And y'all are totally adorable.
SubaruLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:28 AM   #39
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Currently Looking...
Brevard , North Carolina
As others have posted on this forum, if it rains and the Nest windows are open, a major design flaw allows water to pour in the windows. Very bad!
We installed pvc rain channels on all windows. This should fix the problem unless there is a lot of wind and a serious rain dump . Easy to do with self-adhesive product. Rain forecast this weekend. Will report back if it doesn’t work as expected. We are also going to install over the front window since someone posted a leak in this area. Can’t hurt Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0067.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	343408Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0066.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	262.7 KB
ID:	343409
TheHoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:14 AM   #40
1 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
North Oaks , Minnesota
Thanks. I am interested to know how these work.
Maattie is offline   Reply With Quote