Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2019, 04:23 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 28' International
Murphy , Texas
Two issues

Two issues maybe someone can help with

1. I was draining my fresh water tank. I turned the two valves open and water only comes out of one of the two white tubes. I'm guessing one is too drain the tank and the other is to vent or for overflow?

2. The panel that shows what percent of the tank is full is not reading correctly. It shows that the fresh water and grey tank are the same. Even after emptying the grey tank. Also when flushing out the black tank it showed 0 even as I was adding water to flush
Jkreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:45 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
West Chester , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkreis View Post
Two issues maybe someone can help with

1. I was draining my fresh water tank. I turned the two valves open and water only comes out of one of the two white tubes. I'm guessing one is too drain the tank and the other is to vent or for overflow?

2. The panel that shows what percent of the tank is full is not reading correctly. It shows that the fresh water and grey tank are the same. Even after emptying the grey tank. Also when flushing out the black tank it showed 0 even as I was adding water to flush
Jkreis,

1. I have the 27' TB but I think all of the fresh water tanks use a single valve for draining. On mine, it is between the wheels on the street side. Drains from the center of the tank. You may be looking at the low point drains.

2. You may have an intermittent connection somewhere in the sensor system or the sensors are not adhered to the tanks properly. I don't know if my system registers anything during the black tank flush, I only run it based on time. If it doesn't straighten out on its own, add this to the punch list for warranty work. This system is much better than the older version that used in-tank sensors. I did notice that if you scroll through the buttons quickly, you can get goofy readings sometimes.

Spring is here!

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
2020 GMC 2500
LeatherDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:14 AM   #3
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Welcome Aboard....👍

The AS tanks do not have constant level sensors like your TV fuel gauge, each tank has several sensors mounted on the outside of the tank...result, multi gallon variance between readings.

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 04-24-2019, 09:19 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2022 28' Pottery Barn
North Bend , Washington
There's a "low point" drain but there is usually a fresh water tank drain as well. Look around your tank.
ESC2SNTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:39 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2019 28' International
Murphy , Texas
Thanks for the feedback, have appointment with the dealer to fix a few items....hopefully they can resolve.
Jkreis is offline   Reply With Quote