Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2019, 12:56 PM   #61
3 Rivet Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Midland , MI
Happy to hear someone from Atlanta was able to find Michigan's Upper Peninsula. It's an awesome, remote place many have never heard of. It's beautiful, and empty, and great.
We got back from there yesterday and the mosquitoes are already out big time. We bought our TB about a month ago and plan to use the rear hatch a lot, with the screen down!
BobnGayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 04:24 PM   #62
2 Rivet Member

2020 20' Caravel
Dallas , tx
I was also not a fan of the "brand" Tommy Bahama, but I think a lot of the TB package is pretty neat. Upper lockers, that light up bar utilizing the long bench space a little more smartly and the rear hatch.

Good news for 2020 though is that you can now get the rear hatch in the other trims, not just special edition.

I still think they should sell the bar console as an accessory for the 25 and 27 footers, and maybe even the 23CB.
Jason in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:32 PM   #63
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Special edition? I'm waiting for Ben Affleck's Panamerica -- with drawers filled with cash and gold coins to come on the market. I have watched "The Accountant" three times just to ogle the awesome reno job that had been done on that 34!
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 07:47 PM   #64
3 Rivet Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Foothill Ranch , California
This was a fascinating thread to read! Especially 27 hours after purchasing a used 2017 one! I laughed out loud at some of the comments ~ wife loathes the bathroom wall paper. What has anyone done to change/remove it?

Many of the comments echoed strongly with us - neither of us had ever purchased a TB item, but the light, open decore really appealed to us. The previous owner kept the ice chest (hopefully it can be replaced with a better/same sized option!), and they washed the bedspread so it looks....pretty aged. But we love the layout. And as someone who can draw a mosquito bit first, in a crowd of thousands - the screened rear hatch bringing the "outside...in" (keeping the blood suckers - out!) has a tremendous appeal to us.

DW is super clever with interiors, so I'm sure this coach will be sporting a different look soon. Would love to know what other things others have done to make them more reflective of you, the owners!

Happy Trails!
Mark of SJC
Mark of SJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:25 PM   #65
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
West Chester , Ohio
No big changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark of SJC View Post
This was a fascinating thread to read! Especially 27 hours after purchasing a used 2017 one! I laughed out loud at some of the comments ~ wife loathes the bathroom wall paper. What has anyone done to change/remove it?

Many of the comments echoed strongly with us - neither of us had ever purchased a TB item, but the light, open decore really appealed to us. The previous owner kept the ice chest (hopefully it can be replaced with a better/same sized option!), and they washed the bedspread so it looks....pretty aged. But we love the layout. And as someone who can draw a mosquito bit first, in a crowd of thousands - the screened rear hatch bringing the "outside...in" (keeping the blood suckers - out!) has a tremendous appeal to us.

DW is super clever with interiors, so I'm sure this coach will be sporting a different look soon. Would love to know what other things others have done to make them more reflective of you, the owners!

Happy Trails!
Mark of SJC
Mark,

We have had our 27' TB for about 2 years and haven't done any decor changes. Our changes have been more along the lines of usability and longevity. Upgraded batteries and added solar was a major improvement to help us do more with Harvest Hosts. A real nice change was making a peg board based rack to hold dishes and glassware over the sink. Agree that the bathroom wall paper is awful but I haven't been bothered by it enough at this point to change it.

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
2020 GMC 2500
LeatherDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 01:14 PM   #66

2004 19' Bambi
Placerville , California
This may be a stupid question - if so very sorry. We just bought our 27’ Tommy Bahama and are getting it ready to go camping. For the life of me I can’t figure out how to get the black bar out to put in the wine bottles. There is a built in wine rack and it holds 6 bottles with a black bar that goes over the neck of the bottles. How do you remove the bar to put in your wine? Again sorry for a silly question but you would be saving me time if you help.
vweiseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 10:53 PM   #67
Some Guy

1968 26' Overlander
2021 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by vweiseth View Post
This may be a stupid question - if so very sorry. We just bought our 27’ Tommy Bahama and are getting it ready to go camping. For the life of me I can’t figure out how to get the black bar out to put in the wine bottles. There is a built in wine rack and it holds 6 bottles with a black bar that goes over the neck of the bottles. How do you remove the bar to put in your wine? Again sorry for a silly question but you would be saving me time if you help.
If you look where those rods connect, they pass through holes in the outer wall and screw into receivers on the drawer side. So unscrew the rods and they will back out of the holes in the outer wall next to the seating area. Hope that makes sense!
DJ
2019 RAM PowerWagon TV-Petrol Hemi
WBCCI # 22342
djarrett is offline   Reply With Quote