Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2019, 10:34 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
The Roadtrip LXE is almost 49 pounds. The newer model is 52 pounds. The Weber 1200 is around 29 pounds. All too heavy, I'll keep looking.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:56 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressdr View Post
After grilling on LP grills for 35 years, I now have found the blackstone griddle to be the easiest and most versatile cooking device for the following reasons:

1. All grease is captured and disposed of at the end of the day. No lingering smell like on conventional grills

2. Cooks a wider variety of foods...You can steam vegetables of all sorts. Brown or sear meat.

3.Eliminates the need for extensive cookware.

4.Easy clean up

Don't take my word for it.....

Just check out the countless you tube videos for the Blackstone grille.

Enjoy doing the research...and have fun cooking.

I was considering the Blackstokne too. I like the idea of the griddle for all the reasons you mention. I guess there is no rule against having two grills?

How does it do steaks? I really enjoy a flame cooked steak for the smell and carmelization.

Hmm. First world problems. We are all so very lucky to live in a country where we have problems like theses. [emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

Maybe I need them both! Then they could both migrate. I have room in the truck bed any they really are not too heavy and have handles.

It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios!

I guess that’s why they make propane quick connect splitters!

https://amzn.to/2XYqVyc

I would have to be careful not to use both on high due to the limits of the AS low pressure propane port.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:08 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2020 25' Globetrotter
Santa Rosa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLee View Post
The Roadtrip LXE is almost 49 pounds. The newer model is 52 pounds. The Weber 1200 is around 29 pounds. All too heavy, I'll keep looking.
I just received the Weber/Airstream version of the Q1200 grill that will hook up directly to my trailer's low pressure propane feed. I don't know if this makes enough of a difference, but not counting the rather insignificant weight of the 10' connecting hose, the complete unit with grills installed weighs 24lbs.

2020 25' Globetrotter Twin | 2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali Ult. 4x4 Duramax
400Ah Battle Born lithium battery string | 580W solar (400W roof 180W portable)
mikeinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 06:11 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
Can you share your favorite Instant Pot recipes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhat200 View Post
Three cooking items we don’t leave home without . Instapot, smokeless grill when we have electricity and Traeger . And of course our yeti ice chest .Solo makes the most awesome cooking gear and awesome fire pits.
Airsteam Glam camping Every Day !!!
Safe travels
redhat200, we just picked up an Instant Pot for our Globetrotter and wonder what you like to cook in it. Care to share your “go-to” recipe?

Thanks in advance!
WBCCI# 10258
RETIRED!
jeffmc306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:25 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

1994 28' Excella
Manhattan , Kansas
I have a Weber (not the AS one) and I have the Blackstone and love them both. Now I have my eyes on a Green Mountain Davey Crocket Smoker. I have a Traeger for home just too big to lug around. Guess you can't have enough grills and they all have their pros and cons. Here is the link to the Green Mountain I'm looking at.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BS6QRQV...v_ov_lig_dp_it
and
2017 Newmar Ventana Class A DP 7224 Payload
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:30 AM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
MARIETTA , Georgia
Lower Pressure

I have the exact same set up as you. But! I found with the Sturgi-safe hooked up to the Airstream it is lower pressure as advertised and so the grill is not as hot.
So I use both!! Bottles for steaks burgers etc. and hooked up to AS for slower cooking.
I would love to know if there is a way to get more pressure out of the AS that’s SAFE? Or maybe I’m doing something wrong.
Pthorpe4080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 11:01 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Traverse City , Michigan
We have the Coleman Road Trip and have used it for over 10 years. Would NEVER buy any other.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Canyon Country , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosch View Post
Ah brave one, go nay further...
There are a lot of good barbecues that fit your criteria. Personally I like the Weber brand. Good products and good customer service if you need it. We had a Weber BabyQ for thirteen or fourteen years and replaced it with the Q1200 last year. Don't see how you could go wrong.
We got ours in our favorite color...blue

I hail from the South and BBQ refers to sauces, not grill... ahhh a good topic of discussion. post your opinions there!

2019 Flying Cloud 19CBB
Halford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 01:08 PM   #29
2 Rivet Member

HENDERSON , Kentucky
Happy Grilling

2018 IS 23FB One year into Airstreaming. When we hit the road, I followed Sean Michael’s recommendation (Long Long Honeymoon) for the Weber Q1200 grill.

It did not disappoint. Very pleased with the operation, the folding tables, lightweight, and the ease with which it cooks anything. I do not use the propane port, just the green bottles for ease of set up.

Love the Weber quality of construction, I store it in the back of the Grand Cherokee Diesel TV for security when not in use..

Steve & Gail
stwaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:13 PM   #30
1 Rivet Member

2018 Basecamp
Boston , Massachusetts
Holy Grill quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansett View Post
I see lots of grills as we travel, and admit I’m a little envious of campers that have lots of storage room in their RV or pickup bed. We have about 30,000 miles on our 2017 TB27FB and Yukon XL. We carry our Weber in the back of our Yukon, so I wrap the interior of the Weber with aluminum foil so we can keep it clean. We change the drip pans each time we load it back up.
We got the 2200 because it is a little bigger, and we like the collapsible Webber stand. We took off the regulator assembly (since the AS port is already regulated) and put on a quick connect fitting. Using a 25 foot hose, we connect to our Airstream’s Propane port. This has worked well, and we probably use our grill for 90% of our dinners. Using a vegetable grill pan (with holes in it), a small ceramic griddle, or aluminum foil, we can cook a wide variety of meals, besides simple grilling directly on the grill. Cost about $260 for the grill, $80 for the stand, $30 for the gas hose with quick connect fittings, and $12 for QC fitting for the grill. Lot of money, but works well for us, and goes right in our GMC. If we had a pick up TV we might skip lining the Weber with foil, but would still get the Q2200.
Q2200 with stand; coupler and male quick disconnect totaling $11 from local hardware store; removed regulator on Weber and am now connected via 20 foot hose to low pressure connection. No extra tanks/bottles. Also use Traeger stand-up portable for smoking; added 2nd level by using bricks and a generic grate. Line Weber drip pan with foil, discard after 2-3 uses. Also have lodge two-sided griddle for Weber - perfect fit.
Boston Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #31
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' International
Franklin , Tennessee
Grille discussion

I just retired my double burner Road Trip after almost 10 years. Ignition still worked. The zipper in the carry case gave out but we clearly got our moneys worth.
We bought a solid replacement griddle for one side of the grill and it worked great. Always cleaned up nicely, had a scissor stand (it’s been improved) and two slide out trays for your cooking accessories. Great grill for the money. Will prolly buy another one.

BTW, we bought a 6foot gas hose and used a 20lb propane tank. Worked very well.
Rangerlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:07 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
CORDOVA , TN
I love this thread !

I love the op thread title !

We got this grill...its perfect for 2 people......I use the 1 lb. bottles.....and it stores under the seating in the front of my '68 twinkie...could not be more perfect.....it weighs maybe 16 lbs......100% stainless steel.
https://www.cabelas.com/product/CABE...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

It has a deflector over the burner, so there is no direct contact of flame to your food....it cooks with heat,not a flame, like a grill is supposed to. I did not buy it because it was only $100.....I really did not care how much it costs.....I bought it because it was incredibly light, had a totally covered burner, and would fit under the seating , in the front of the twinkie. Since, I have discovered that it is very user friendly, and can be used to grill steaks, chikken, kielbasa, or throw a skillet on it and cook breakfast.....So we have a grill, at all times, in the twinkie, that can cook quality steaks, really slow.....I really cant believe I got it for $100$
Find a way to enjoy life and have fun, every day !
mkcurtiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:18 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Portland , Oregon
I’ve been tilting at this windmill for years. Currently we have the portable grill from home Depot... It's got the BTUs. I like a hot fire to sear a good steak. The form factor is horrible and it goes into the Yukon XL in a crate that I built that holds the grill, the little propane bottles, the grill brush and all the crap that drips and oozes out of the grill. It's big, but at least it's orthogonal and fits well with the other bins. There's no standard bin that accepts it.

Last week I finally got the gas attachment for the volcano grill I've had for a few years. I was hoping to use it because it also does charcoal and is very small. Huge disappoinment. Big hot spot and not much else. I've been eyeballing the Coleman grills, but the big stand seems like a packing headache. So we charge ahead.
leedav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:45 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedav View Post
I've been eyeballing the Coleman grills, but the big stand seems like a packing headache. So we charge ahead.

The Coleman Roadtrip LXE has an updated stand design and makes it pretty simple to expand and setup / take down. When not in use at camp it rolls under the AS to stay out of the way.

Cooked a steak on it the first time last weekend and it did a good job!
Old 07-25-2019, 07:59 AM   #35
4 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBad View Post
The Coleman Roadtrip LXE has an updated stand design and makes it pretty simple to expand and setup / take down. When not in use at camp it rolls under the AS to stay out of the way.

Cooked a steak on it the first time last weekend and it did a good job!

Does it drip guck? We have an SUV.
leedav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:37 PM   #36
Some Guy

1968 26' Overlander
2021 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
We have been using the Weber Q for a few years (and love(d) it), but we considered it to be difficult to clean up and over time (if we left it), it would be a mess.

We recently purchased the Blackstone. I took the time to season the griddle as recommended in their online videos. Even with a non - no - stick surface, once seasoned, we find food doesn't stick. And with the drain cup in the front for grease, the clean up is so easy. We did purchase the optional lid for storage and to be able to close the lid to increase the warm up.

So far we are very pleased with the Blackstone Griddle.

D
2019 RAM PowerWagon TV-Petrol Hemi
WBCCI # 22342
djarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:50 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Driftless Area , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmc306 View Post
redhat200, we just picked up an Instant Pot for our Globetrotter and wonder what you like to cook in it. Care to share your “go-to” recipe?

Thanks in advance!

Chili for me. And oatmeal. Get different silicone rings unless you like chili flavored oatmeal
Old 07-25-2019, 09:12 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedav View Post
Does it drip guck? We have an SUV.

It does have a removable drip tray.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:45 PM   #39
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Truckee , California
Hi, I realize this post is now 4 mos. old, but I see no mention of Camp Chef. I am looking at the Pro60, as we have two kids and often travel with another family & grill for 9 ppl so I want 2 burners. Anyone with experience with Camp Chef? Pros or Cons?
SGandMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:37 AM   #40
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGandMT View Post
Hi, I realize this post is now 4 mos. old, but I see no mention of Camp Chef. I am looking at the Pro60, as we have two kids and often travel with another family & grill for 9 ppl so I want 2 burners. Anyone with experience with Camp Chef? Pros or Cons?

If I recall, those are quite large. I did not need anything that big. Sorry, no personal experience...