Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Special Editions and Limited Releases > Tommy Bahama Special Editions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-03-2018, 07:06 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 28' International
Murphy , Texas
First trip. Going great except....

Well we made it to the site and most things are working great. Except....

Fridge is not cooling tried electric and propane.

The water doesn't come on in kitchen sink. Tried city hook up with and without pump. Looked and the two halves under sink are open.

Can't get the Polk system to sync.

Other than that all is geat
Jkreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:24 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' International
Charlotte , North Carolina
Fridge takes several hours to get cold. Google your Polk owner's manual to sync, or dig manuals out of your Airstream owner's bag.

Not sure about the faucet. Getting water other places?
Al U. Minium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:47 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Waco , Texas
Check the fridge breaker just to be safe. But after initial hookup, typically you must wait about 8 hours or so to cool down to 40F. Eventually you get accustomed to the normal Dometic fridge cooling cycle times. Its just not fast like the home kitchen fridge.

Also, some like to keep their fridge running on propane during short drives between campgrounds, because of the rather long cooling cycle time.

When you do park overnite, Always remember to level your Airstream, to insure proper operation of the Dometic fridge. Damage could result if its operating, and your trailer is not level. I keep a circular bubble level in a galley drawer for checking if fridge is level.
Martee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 10:46 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Renville , Minnesota
In my old trailer, water flow from faucets stopped when the screen at the faucet outlet clogged. I would remove the screen, clean it and flow was restored.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:53 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2019 28' International
Murphy , Texas
I am getting water in bathroom and shower but not at kitchen
Old 08-04-2018, 08:01 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1991 25' Excella
2011 19' Flying Cloud
Santa Ynez , California
Do you have water at the outside shower if equipped? Our 11 the water gos from the bath sink to the OD shower to the K sink and no valves at any of those fixtures.

As said for the refer it takes time, we start ours a day before a trip.

Alan
AlinCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:21 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2018 28' Tommy Bahama
atlanta , GA
for the Polk audio, Check and make sure your blue tooth is on, Start scanning blue tooth on your phone, press the center volume knob and hold for about 3 seconds. It will show connecting bluetooth. Should connect right up. Enjoy your music..
kkdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:23 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2018 28' Tommy Bahama
atlanta , GA
For the kitchen sink, it sounds like the valves under the sink (crecent shaped knobs) might be off. The ovals should be in line with the hose. if it is cross ways, it is off.
kkdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:35 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Waco , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlinCal View Post
Do you have water at the outside shower if equipped? Our 11 the water gos from the bath sink to the OD shower to the K sink and no valves at any of those fixtures.

As said for the refer it takes time, we start ours a day before a trip.
Alin Cal is correct. If you have water to outside shower connection; then you must have water to your kitchen sink. You may have air in the pipes from factory install, if so.....then opening water from your lowest drain point clears the system. Kitchen sink will have shutoff valve. ...which must be opened. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-08-04-09-27-41.png
Views:	140
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	318850
Martee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:32 AM   #10
Njg
3 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Columbia , Missouri
I had the same issue with the sink, it was a clogged strainer also in a relatively new unit. Are you getting a flame in the fridge on LP or are you getting the LP error light? I was getting the error very frequently, my propane valve at the fridge needed a very small adjustment and now lights on the first spark every time.
Njg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:50 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2014 30' International
DFW Airport , Texas
In Summer my Dometic 2 way fridge takes 24 hrs to get down from 90 to 39 deg F. 12 hours if I help it with ice, and interior as well as external fans.
Vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:54 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2019 28' International
Murphy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martee View Post
Alin Cal is correct. If you have water to outside shower connection; then you must have water to your kitchen sink. You may have air in the pipes from factory install, if so.....then opening water from your lowest drain point clears the system. Kitchen sink will have shutoff valve. ...which must be opened. Attachment 318850

We let the water run on outside shower and that seems to have fixed the sink problem. Thanks much
Old 08-04-2018, 12:16 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
Galena , Illinois
The frig problem. Like all others say, it takes a day to get cold on it's own, If your frig is stuffed with goodies you can buy a little interior frig fan with 1- D volt battery. It really helps, and assists with the loss of temp during openings. If not, know that the cold air comes from the freezer and blows down to the refrigerated section. You may be blocking the entrance vent of the cold air by overloading food in that area. Sometimes this area can be blocked with an ice build up at the opening which must be cleaned off before it will refrigerate properly. This is one reason people let their frig run for a day before loading it. If you continue to have problems and can't resolve it, make sure you use a thermometer on the food you take out of it. Food poisoning can end a good time real fast. Good luck, safe travels.
75Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 04:18 PM   #14
1 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
west rutland , Vermont
I have a problem keeping my trig cold on gas! Works great plugged in! Help
wendyanddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 04:49 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2019 28' International
Murphy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdesigns View Post
for the Polk audio, Check and make sure your blue tooth is on, Start scanning blue tooth on your phone, press the center volume knob and hold for about 3 seconds. It will show connecting bluetooth. Should connect right up. Enjoy your music..

Got it to work. Thanks
Old 08-05-2018, 03:46 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Been watching this thread as a general IFM (Information for Me)...

Yay for getting it working! Once again, a demonstration of folks on the Airforums willing to help and throw out suggestions until the nail is hit on the head. It happens over and over here. Good group.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:36 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fayetteville , Arizona
For your dramatic refrigerator something you want to do after it has been stored for any time is to make sure both of your LP gas bottles are open. Then go inside and try light your burners on the stove. This may take a few attempts but insures gas is actually flowing into the trailer. Once that happens you should have gas for your refrigerator to light. I’ve had that occur a few times. Usually it’s something simple but if not, see the dealer.
akarakos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:58 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
Fridge suggestion - worked for me

We have a 2018 Flying Cloud 23FB and the fridge would run but not get cold on either electric or propane. Read the manual and it said the trailer must be level (mine was parked in the driveway). Once I leveled the trailer the fridge worked perfectly. Just a thought...
jeffmc306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:36 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Ft. Myers , Florida
Cold reefer

To get your reefer going faster we use a small 110v clamp on fan blowing up the coils in the back, and put a frozen blue ice pack with one of those little battery operated fridge fans inside. After about 8 hrs you should have a pretty darn cold reefer. We use that outside fan every time We camp,especially if the sun is shining on that side of the coach with no wind. There is a 12 volt fan kit you can get for the reefer coils but I forget who makes it. I'm sure someone on the forums knows.
S/OS #045 2006 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax w/ Hensley Hitch, 15" GY Endurances and Tire Minders

--Mark and June-- "Every time I feel the urge to exercise, I go lay down until it passes." Mark Twain
Wharf Rats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:36 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Surrey , British Columbia
checking fuses on Dometic fridge

Our 2-way fridge seems unusually slow to cool on AC (although the rear top of the unit is hot). I would like to check the fuses, and wanted any advice to confirm that checking fuses is as simple as it says in the manual: disconnect AC and remove power cable from fridge rear....then open the fuse/control box to check fuses.
Thanx for any thoughts.
brine is offline   Reply With Quote