Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 2018 - Current Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-14-2019, 02:10 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Green Cove Springs , Florida
USB Input to Polk Stereo

I believe the Bluetooth interface to my 2019 GT Polk stereo has died. On the Moe screen there is an option for a USB input. Is there a USB in the trailer that the stereo uses for an input? I tried the BluRay player USB on its front but got nothing. I am trying to use My Serious/XM app from my phone.
Thanks for any help.
Riggs1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 27' Globetrotter
Mooresville , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill&Mel View Post
I believe the Bluetooth interface to my 2019 GT Polk stereo has died. On the Moe screen there is an option for a USB input. Is there a USB in the trailer that the stereo uses for an input? I tried the BluRay player USB on its front but got nothing. I am trying to use My Serious/XM app from my phone.
Thanks for any help.
Good news / Bad news. There is a USB input for the Polk stereo. The bad news is, all it does is charge your Iphone or Ipod. The amplifier / etc for the head unit is beneath the DVD player in the white cabinet Airstream built. There are 2 screws on the right side at the bottom of the cabinet that secure it. If you remove those screws and lift up the cabinet you will see the amplifier. There are a bunch of wires at the back of it and of them in the USB input. I was going to run the USB to the outside of the box / drill some holes / etc and be able to access it. I wanted to make sure I could play my music before and I did that. Tried it / made some phone calls to Polk and found out you can't do it on that model. It would be nice for it to do that so I could play music and keep my source charged while doing so, but you can't.

I just pair my Iphone and Ipad using Bluetooth and play my music that way.
GOUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:24 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Parrish , Florida
Could you tell me how you paired your phone. Wife spent a good hr trying to pair her Samsung to play her tunes but no success. Thank you in advance.
Jimingram55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:22 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 27' Globetrotter
Mooresville , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimingram55 View Post
Could you tell me how you paired your phone. Wife spent a good hr trying to pair her Samsung to play her tunes but no success. Thank you in advance.
Put your phone in the Bluetooth mode to search for a device to pair.

Press the "mode" button on the Polk until you see the "BT" option. Select that option. "Bluetooth" will appear on the display. Next, press the big round button on the Polk that you use to adjust the volume. "pairing" will appear on the Polk display screen. This should pair with you phone.

One time this did not work for me. I pulled the fuse that controls the Polk at the 12V fuse box and re-inserted it. This reset the Polk and it was able to pair.
GOUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:54 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Chandler , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill&Mel View Post
Thanks for any help.
If you have the Polk PA4A system, then the USB interface connected to the head unit, which is located under the Bluray player, works as expected. See my previous post.

Hope this will help someone... Duncan
ddrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:32 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Parrish , Florida
A delayed thank you. It was the fuse and all 4 speakers are playing my wife's chosen music. Thank you so very much.
Jimingram55 is offline   Reply With Quote