Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 2018 - Current Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2018, 05:18 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Thinking about a 2019 Globetrotter

We have a 2015 International 25 ft with twin beds and are thinking about going with a 2019 Globetrotter with twin beds and two AC units. A couple of questions:

What is the cost to add a second AC?

What are your thoughts on a queen bed vs twin beds? I understand that you get more outside storage with the twin beds. We have the twin beds now and like them.

What type of deals are the dealers making? We live in the southwest but we can travel for the right deal. We are looking at Colonial Airstream in NJ and Airstream Northwest in Portland and are open to other suggestions.

Thanks for your help

2017 Ford F-250 Diesel
2015 25' International
WBCCI # 5462 4CU
Ponyfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:11 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 28' International
Fayetteville , Georgia
The 50 amp/dual air is a no-brainer. We prefer the queen bed, but that is us. We use the bed of the F250 for extra storage. The 28 Serenity was our choice, like the couch, separate dinette and rear storage compartment.
brick
brick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:28 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyfvr View Post
We have a 2015 International 25 ft with twin beds and are thinking about going with a 2019 Globetrotter with twin beds and two AC units. A couple of questions:

What are your thoughts on a queen bed vs twin beds? I understand that you get more outside storage with the twin beds. We have the twin beds now and like them.

What type of deals are the dealers making? We live in the southwest but we can travel for the right deal. We are looking at Colonial Airstream in NJ and Airstream Northwest in Portland and are open to other suggestions.

Thanks for your help

Depends on dealer but have heard of 15-20% off MSRP and we were in that range on a 2018 27FB TB.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Litchfield Park , Arizona
Hi Ponyfvr,

We have a 2019 Globetrotter and love it. We've been living in it for about a month and a half. Before seeing your post, my wife had just asked me if there was anything I didn't like about our trailer. I couldn't think of anything. For us the GB is perfect.

We have two ACs and recommend going that way, especially if you are in the Southwest. If you have a 50 A hookup, the two units cool the trailer nicely. If you have 30 A hookup or will run off a generator, you can turn one unit off. At least with two units you have the option. I don't know the cost to add the 2nd unit but you can probably Google that.

We have a queen bed and prefer that. But we are both short. The queen in the GB is a short queen. If you are tall, it will probably be too short. I am 5' 7" and it is just barely long enough for me. I think that is one reason a lot of people get the twin beds. They are longer.

We got our GB from Eric Davis at Hadocy Airstream in Columbus Ohio. They are the closest dealership to Jackson Center which we felt was an advantage. Eric arranged for us to see our GB being built on the assembly line in JC. Eric gave us a price that was significantly less than quotes we got from other dealerships. Eric's price for us also included an Equalizer hitch. Eric was great to work with and so was the service department there run by David Sabo. I recommend giving Eric a call (614) 279-8880. Please mention my name when you call him.

Steve
stevejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:05 PM   #5

Currently Looking...
Rogers , Arkansas
I just ordered a 2019 GT Twin today. I like the openness of the twin vs. the queen and the twin is much longer than i thought. I'm 6'2" and there was ample length. The tuft and needle mattress was unexpectedly comfortable.

Hesitated, but probably correctly opted for the the 2nd A/C as well. Quicker cool-down and likely better re-sale down the road. MSRP for the 2nd A/C is $2200.
purezen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:00 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Olympia , Washington
Two ACs: yes, especially if you're going to use your AS anywhere in the south.
We're in the NW (Seattle) and pretty much stay north, so a 2nd AC is not really needed and few ASs up here have them.

Twins vs. queen: entirely personal decision.

Dealers: when I shopped for our AS three years ago, I got quotes from approx. 20 dealers throughout the US except in the SE and the lowest quote by far was from Toscano RV, in Los Banos, CA. We bought from them and it was a smooth, no surprises, problem-free transaction.
RIP "BigDog": M Harlequin Great Dane, 150 lb
"St. Rocco": M Black Great Dane, 150 lb
Rgentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:20 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Gaithersburg , Maryland
Yes to the second AC. We have a 2018 GT Queen, and could have used the second AC when in Moab last month. Otherwise, we love the unit above all others.
cstevecook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #8

2019 27' Globetrotter
Greenville , South Carolina
Quote:

Thanks for your help
Hi Bob, I’m new to this forum but wanted to reply. My wife and i picked up a new 2019 GT 27 ft. With twin beds in front. It has 2 ac. One doubles as a heat pump and of course has 50 amp supply. However, i carry a 30 amp cord and adapter in case. Also I use a surge protector for 30and 50 amps. Anyway, we love the AS as this is our 2nd. We had problems right out of the gate with Zip Dee electric awning and water heater would not light on propane. After a trip back to the dealer, it was quickly repaired with a new board in water heater and new board that controls the awning. Our decor is cream sofa and dark pecan wood. Very beautiful. I’m surprised these defects were not checked at the plant, but anything is possible. The 2 ac’s are nice for quick cool down. It also came equipped for solar connections. I can’t say about cost on extra ac or other features as we shopped at the dealer where we bought the 2016. I recommend Chilhowee RV, Chuck Howell, located in Alcoa, TN. I feel I received great service and price. Thanks
Larry, Greenville, SC
Grantjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:31 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBad View Post
Depends on dealer but have heard of 15-20% off MSRP and we were in that range on a 2018 27FB TB.
Based on our limited experience, that's a really accurate range.
It will of course depend on the Dealer and likely on the popularity of the model.

For our 2019 Globetrotter, we paid $91.5K on an MSRP of $110.4K, so 17.2% discount.

We got closer to 20% off on our 2016 Flying Cloud 23D.

However, both of those were bought at smaller-market dealers (Dublin TX and Baton Rouge LA); larger market dealers, in my limited experience, will rarely hit 15% off. After three hours of negotiation on a 23D, the Houston dealer hadn't hit a 10% discount yet.

My GUESS would be that it will be hard to touch 20% off on a Globetrotter, as the backlog appears to be OVER 6 months now.

We would also say YES to the second A/C anywhere South of the Mason-Dixon; even running BOTH A/C units in the GT is significantly quieter than running the ONE A/C in 23D. Suspect that's due to shorter ductwork and maybe reduced-CFM fans; I need more research.

I liked the TWINS for length, interior room, and outside storage, but the Chief Cook & Bottle-Washer would have none of it. Regardless, the Tuft & Needle Mattress is awesome.
Hareynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:55 PM   #10
Link’s Travels

2002 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
1999 35' XL 350 w/slide
LINCOLN , Nebraska
I have the 2018 27’ FB with twin beds. We had the same problem with hot water heater first time out, after first day, would not work on propane or electric. Warranty repair shop put in new board and so far works good. Had auto awning problem, also, with short in front awning wire. Above repair center found loose yellow ground wire and put on clamp wire connection vs lever actuated connectors and now working fine. Don’t know extracost of 2nd AC but we have two.
MissingLink5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:08 AM   #11
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:

Thanks for your help
Hello. Just curious if you made a decision. Thanks!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:06 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans627 View Post
Hello. Just curious if you made a decision. Thanks!
We have put it on hold for now. We like the Globetrotter but it is expensive and the two dealers the we contacted are selling them quickly and not doing much on the price discount.

We may look at them again if the supply increases.

BTW we just took two factory tours and most of the new production seemed to be Globetrotters so they are selling well

2017 Ford F-250 Diesel
2015 25' International
WBCCI # 5462 4CU
Ponyfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:46 PM   #13
Owners of Willie

2019 27' Globetrotter
Peoria , Illinois
Contact JR at Reliable RV In Springfield, MO. We just put out money down on one. He’s been great to work with.

Second ac was listed as $2150.
Old 08-25-2018, 06:37 PM   #14
Owners of Willie

2019 27' Globetrotter
Peoria , Illinois
Quote:

Thanks for your help

Reliable RV in Springfield, MO has a GT 27FBT on the lot we were considering. Message me for more info. if you are interested.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:07 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2018 28' International
Fayetteville , Georgia
Southland RV in Atlanta has a GT on the lot. We recently purchased our 28 Serenity from them, and they were great to deal with. GT’s are in high demand, so don’t expect huge discounts.
brick
brick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:37 PM   #16

East Wakefield , New Hampshire
2019 gt

We bought a 2019 GT Front Twin as my husband is 6’3”. I’d prefer the interior storage of the queen but love the roominess of twin. The only thing I have an issue with is the upholstery and flooring. Impossible to get crumbs out of upholstery. Floor is very hard to clean as it is strands of woven string. It is beautiful and we traded in the totally beige flying cloud for this 27’ with cream upholstery and walnut cabinets. We also have a minor issue with auto awning. It stops short of closing so have to open a bit and then it will close all the way. Don’t get me wrong we love it. Just these minor issues. Try dealer in Burlington VT. If you can wait they quoted us $83k for one on order. Can’t tell you what was included but great deal Order one if you want a good deal.
Rutkowski05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:41 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Madison , Wisconsin
We are taking delivery of a new 2019 Globetrotter 27 Twin in a couple of weeks. We opted for the twin beds because of the increased useable floor space in the bedroom and for the layout of the bedroom storage. There is room at the foot of each twin bed for our large computer/work backpacks. We can both change clothes at the same time without leaving the bedroom. It is also easier to keep one sleeping side warm and the other cool with the bedding. The dealer was quick to point out that the front dinette can be quite accommodating for "cuddle time" if the twins are too small.

We got about 18% discount. The unit was already pre-ordered with twin A/C and 50amps--which probably would have been my preference anyway. We are in Wisconsin but the summers can be quite hot and humid. Also, who knows where we will drive to?
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:55 AM   #18
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF View Post
We are taking delivery of a new 2019 Globetrotter 27 Twin in a couple of weeks. We opted for the twin beds because of the increased useable floor space in the bedroom and for the layout of the bedroom storage. There is room at the foot of each twin bed for our large computer/work backpacks. We can both change clothes at the same time without leaving the bedroom. It is also easier to keep one sleeping side warm and the other cool with the bedding. The dealer was quick to point out that the front dinette can be quite accommodating for "cuddle time" if the twins are too small.

We got about 18% discount. The unit was already pre-ordered with twin A/C and 50amps--which probably would have been my preference anyway. We are in Wisconsin but the summers can be quite hot and humid. Also, who knows where we will drive to?
Congratulations! I think you will enjoy your new GT. We love ours!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:55 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Japser , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF View Post

Congratulations. We got ours back in July and it's been great. Some minor issues but overall it as been flawless. We have the twin bed also and the dog loves it because he can sleep between the beds, not to mention the extra space it gives. We have gone out six times. Still learning about all the nuances with Airstreams.
Jasper, GA (North of Atlanta)
garypilot55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:12 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Salem , Oregon
I have a 2019 GT twin on order with dual air. I still have time to change my order. Is there any disadvantage to having the dual air w/50 amp. I am thinking that the overall cost difference is not that much I might be better off down the road as far as re-sale.

I don't need the 2nd air here in the NW but plan on travelling to Arizona/Calif/Nevada for about a month each year.

Appreciate other thoughts on this. Dave
NoResults is offline   Reply With Quote