Old 01-06-2019, 12:05 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 25' Globetrotter
Montgomery , Texas
Size of dinette table in 2019 GT?

Hi all,

I am a long time lurker and first time poster. I look forward to finally being part of the AirForums community and being able to contribute!

A few weeks ago, I placed an order for a 2019 25' GT and will be taking delivery in February. As I am still working (remote software development), I need to ensure that I have a comfortable place to use my computers. I generally work with several monitors and am trying to figure out what the placement might be like on the dinette table. Does anyone happen to have measurements (width and depth)?

Also how sturdy is the table? My concern is that the single pedestal is too flimsy and it will need to be replaced or upgraded in some way. I don't intend to lower it to make it into a seating area...

The long term goal would be to figure out how to relocate my existing home office into that area. Although this might be difficult since I have a standing desk with 4x 32" monitors It might be reasonable to squeeze 3x 32" monitors if I build a custom desk/stand.

Thoughts?

Loulou4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:46 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Sanford , Arizona
Loulou4 - The dinette table is 35”W x 36 1/2”D in our 27’ GT. I believe that the dinette table is the same size in the 25’ GT. The table is sturdy, but can *wobble* if you lean on it. I wouldn’t trust it with the weight of 3 monitors which are larger than the televisions in the Globetrotter.

As someone who worked in the interior design trade for many years, I am trying to imagine how to accommodate nearly 9 linear feet of monitors. Perhaps removing the dinette altogether might work? However, 32” monitors are going to block the fabulous views from the panoramic windows.

My husband and I work everyday at the dinette table using our laptops. We find this arrangement comfortable for us. Keep in mind that we are not software developers, although my husband used to be one...a long time ago.

SewStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:36 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2019 25' Globetrotter
Montgomery , Texas
Hi SewStream,

Thanks for the details on the size of the table! I really appreciate it!

It certainly crystalizes the need for me to build a better system to support these monitors. Yes, I realize that all this equipment is probably WAY overkill but since I am using the Airstream as a mobile office, I need to duplicate my setup as closely as possible. Unfortunately you are completely correct about blocking out the panoramic windows on the back. Regardless, this is a much cheaper approach with better views then the office space I was leasing!

The idea is to reuse the current table top, but to remove the pedestal and replace it with a custom stand made from 80/20. Attached is my current desk to give you an idea of what I am trying to cram in there Although, I will be parting ways with the top monitor. The total width of the monitors is about 6ft since they are angled inwards.

That's interesting about your husband being a fellow developer!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Desk.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	331683  
Loulou4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:10 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 28' International
Fayetteville , Georgia
Get the two bed version, and convert one bed to a workstation.?
brick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:17 PM   #5
RVATOR

2018 28' International
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulou4 View Post
Hi all,

I am a long time lurker and first time poster. I look forward to finally being part of the AirForums community and being able to contribute!

A few weeks ago, I placed an order for a 2019 25' GT and will be taking delivery in February. As I am still working (remote software development), I need to ensure that I have a comfortable place to use my computers. I generally work with several monitors and am trying to figure out what the placement might be like on the dinette table. Does anyone happen to have measurements (width and depth)?

Also how sturdy is the table? My concern is that the single pedestal is too flimsy and it will need to be replaced or upgraded in some way. I don't intend to lower it to make it into a seating area...

The long term goal would be to figure out how to relocate my existing home office into that area. Although this might be difficult since I have a standing desk with 4x 32" monitors It might be reasonable to squeeze 3x 32" monitors if I build a custom desk/stand.

Thoughts?

I built a sturdy desk for the same purpose in another floor plan

Click image for larger version

Name:	63B0D03B-06FD-4DDD-BEFF-CC0E4E88A4EA.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	295.8 KB
ID:	331726
RV-7 (N23KT) VANSAIRFORCE.NET
Toornburg is offline   Reply With Quote