Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 2018 - Current Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-14-2018, 05:59 AM   #1

2019 27' Globetrotter
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Multifunctional Storage Bins

I am trying to figure out what is the best use for the multifunctional storage bins located behind the sink in the kitchen. Does anyone have suggestions?
chelletetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:03 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Overland Park , Kansas
I am still trying to find the best use also. Right now I have potatoes in one and bug spray and such in another. I had been putting plastic grocery bags in one, but didn’t like that too much. Thoughts about dog leashes, etc, but didn’t like that either. Interested in other ideas.
WoodGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:35 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Sanford , Arizona
After living in our Globetrotter since June 2018, we have not found a useful purpose for these bins. I use them when we are traveling to store the bin lids, dish soap, hand soap, and other small items we usually have on the counter top.

We consider them to be the access to all the plumbing, electrical systems, awning controller, etc. behind the galley.

Potatoes and onions...never thought of that! Good idea WoodGrain, thanks for that tip.
SewStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:14 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Greensboro , North Carolina
I use the one on the left for dish soap, plastic, a little spray bottle for soapy water to check propane fittings, and pot scrapers I don't use very often. I use the right one for a roll of trash bags, a roll of bags for recycle, and a bottle off hand sanitizer that sits by the door when in camp. It is really nice to have a quick place to stash things when clearing the decks for travel.
NC Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:37 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Napa , California
We finally figured it out! The one closest to the door is now a garbage shute for our new, improved and bigger garbage container.

We created a PVC frame (this is two PVC rectangles slightly smaller than the cabinet-one bottom, one top with T joints centered on the wider sides and PVC to make it the desired height). The sides keep my sink top pieces tight to the wall, and the rectangles don't interfer with the hinges. It uses tall kitchen trash bags, just pull them over the top rectangle. Then, the small counter top garbage can had the bottom trimmed off so it directs garbage right where it needs to be (that is not really necessary, but my husband wanted to do it!). Easy to remove to dump, holds way more than that itty bitty under the sink can did and no mess.

We use the other one for our counter clutter collection.
Atwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:00 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
Photos please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwebs View Post
We finally figured it out! The one closest to the door is now a garbage shute for our new, improved and bigger garbage container.

We created a PVC frame (this is two PVC rectangles slightly smaller than the cabinet-one bottom, one top with T joints centered on the wider sides and PVC to make it the desired height). The sides keep my sink top pieces tight to the wall, and the rectangles don't interfer with the hinges. It uses tall kitchen trash bags, just pull them over the top rectangle. Then, the small counter top garbage can had the bottom trimmed off so it directs garbage right where it needs to be (that is not really necessary, but my husband wanted to do it!). Easy to remove to dump, holds way more than that itty bitty under the sink can did and no mess.

Sounds like a great solution. Can you post some photos? I’m having a hard time picturing how it looks.
jeffmc306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:18 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
2023 30' Classic
Denver , North Carolina
Bigger Trash Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwebs View Post

Sounds like a good idea but as they say on the Forum "Without pictures it didn't happen"
link2dks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:41 AM   #8

2019 27' Globetrotter
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Thank you!

Thank you everyone who posted ideas! Yes, pictures would be great! I have been thinking that garbage can is way too small!!!!!
chelletetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 12:29 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

Napa , California
Yeah, we'll get a picture the next time we get Howie out of storage. He's put away for a while...
Atwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:15 AM   #10
1 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Bolivar , OH
We keep empty plastic shopping bags in container closest to door. They work as trash bags in trash can below and for collecting "dog bombs"
Samstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 09:47 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
2023 25' International
Houston , Texas
Do you think you could grow spices of flowers in the holes? We are thinking about upgrading to the Globetrotter and are not really crazy about having 2 extra holes in the counter top.
p { line-height: 115%; margin-bottom: 0.1in; background: transparent }
veratipton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 09:51 AM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Greensboro , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by veratipton View Post
Do you think you could grow spices of flowers in the holes? We are thinking about upgrading to the Globetrotter and are not really crazy about having 2 extra holes in the counter top.
We have a 2018 GT and I love those two bins. I keep quick-grab items like hand sanitizer, bug spray, etc. in the one closest to the door, and my dishwashing supplies in the other one. They also gave us invaluable access to under the counter when we installed our Acuva water system.
NC Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 07:00 AM   #13
EDuprey

2022 25' Globetrotter
Brownstown , Michigan
We use the one on the right for dish, hand soap, bug spray, etc. The left one we put a plastic grocery bag in there for our recycle items (water bottles, pop cans, wine bottles, etc. Do like the idea of converting the right one to a garbage can chute.

2023 Globetrotter 25FBT
300W Solar, 300AH BB Batteries, Victron 3000W Inverter, CerboGX, & Charge Controllers, LevelMate Pro, Peplink Router, Victron AC to DC Charger
TV: 2023 Expedition Max w/HD Tow Package
Eduprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 07:40 AM   #14
3 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
My use of bins

I use the left bin for dish soap and sponges and dishrag, the right bin is used for recycling, smashed aluminum cans mostly.
bzizzi is offline   Reply With Quote