Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 2018 - Current Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-23-2018, 02:04 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
Interior - Any Walnut/Dublin Slate owners?

Hi fellow Globetrotter owners! We have a new 27’ FBT Globetrotter on order (due end of March ‘19) and finally decided on Walnut/Dublin Slate.

Our original choice was Natural Elm/Barcelona Blue but that Walnut is really beautiful. We considered the Copenhagen Cream but worried about it being “pet friendly”. That left the Dublin Slate...

Anyone else with the Walnut/Dublin Slate interior combination? If so, how do you like it? All others, what did you get and how do you like it?
jeffmc306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 03:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Driftless Area , Wisconsin
We like light colored interiors. So the walnut/slate—the darkest of them—was not in the running for us. It came down to London Grey and Barcelona Blue and for reasons similar to yours (wanting a pet and kid friendly interior), we went with the Barcelona Blue. It’s a really muted blue and in some light seems more like a medium, cool gray.

We originally ordered the London Grey but eventually switched to the blue. I love the modern interior of the GT but I felt the grey was too sterile. At some point we’ll probably switch out the stark white curtains for something a little less “hospital” and a little more “human”.

Disclaimer: I’m a designer and probably agonize over this sort of thing more than most.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:50 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
Thanks for sharing your choice nryn. We had a Flying Cloud with the Honey interior but it was a little too yellow, not as pretty as the GT Ash, and thought the Walnut would be a change. That said, we’d really like to see the Barcelona Blue and Walnut together. It might not work but would be interesting to see for grins.
Old 12-25-2018, 08:28 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Larkspur , Colorado
Walnut/Dublin rock

We picked up our 2019 GT in early Sept. We went a bit in faith in that we weren’t able to see an example in person until well after we had ordered our unit.

The walnut makes it feel warm and inviting and the Dublin will help to not show every speck of dirt (we have two dogs).

It’s interesting that my opinion is that it is the least popular of the four options but is the one we liked the most.
Dmmdtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:01 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
Thanks for sharing your selection - that’s exactly what I was interested in hearing.

We changed our order to Walnut/Dublin Slate for the same reasons but wanted to hear from someone that has the combination to be sure.

While I’m sure we could live with any of the choices, this one seemed like the best one for us.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:46 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
2023 30' Classic
Denver , North Carolina
Another Walnut / Dublin Slate owner. It was our favorite combo from the beginning. Add to that two large dogs and it was a done deal!
link2dks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 06:33 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Flushing , Michigan
We selected the Walnut/Dublin Slate “package” and like it very well. For us, the darkish seating surfaces were preferable to very light and the aluminum walls provide a sufficient amount of light. The “package” did have a lighter colored floor than we wanted, but we chose the option as built/offered.

Not to hijack this thread, but to build upon a comment above, we do not care for the large expanse of white drapes either and would like to make a change: the front and rear windows look to be exactly the same size, and a standard offered size, of the OceanAir shades. Has anyone installed the OceanAir shades as described—it certainly looks possible, but the mounting area may be tight? I’d be interested in any guidance or experience.
steve46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:44 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
Steve, thanks for your feedback and don’t worry, you’re not hijacking the thread. I hadn’t thought about the curtains since we’re waiting for delivery of out trailer.

Let’s see if anyone else has experience with installing OceanAir shades in place of the white drapes.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:43 PM   #9
Owners of Willie

2019 27' Globetrotter
Peoria , Illinois
We have the walnut/Dublin slate on its way in February. We felt the same way as others....it doesn’t seem like the popular choice, but it’s the right choice for us. Can’t wait to get our hands on it!!! 27’ FBT
Old 01-08-2019, 08:20 AM   #10
1 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Tulare , California
We have the Dublin slate interior and love it. We have had ours for a year now and it looks better than when we took ownership, after hours of cleaning foreign material off all interior surfaces. We love the white clean,bright look curtains and DW the hall curtains to make a bigger bathroom. The dinette table is rough around the edges and will do something about that situation this year, maybe Corian.
HDsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:22 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Tulare , California
Also a full length mirror somewhere is a priority.
HDsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:39 PM   #12
Owners of Willie

2019 27' Globetrotter
Peoria , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmmdtm View Post
We picked up our 2019 GT in early Sept. We went a bit in faith in that we weren’t able to see an example in person until well after we had ordered our unit.

The walnut makes it feel warm and inviting and the Dublin will help to not show every speck of dirt (we have two dogs).

It’s interesting that my opinion is that it is the least popular of the four options but is the one we liked the most.

Did you find any runners or entry mats that you found to coordinate with your colors?
Old 03-12-2019, 08:03 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
2023 30' Classic
Denver , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciahawk View Post
Did you find any runners or entry mats that you found to coordinate with your colors?
After several days of camping in the rain with two big dogs we decided we needed to put down a runner. The floor did clean up fairly easily with lots of mildly soapy water, a brush and a wet vac, but a runner would be easier to deal with. We put two of these down end to end joined with duct tape. Covers from the bed up to the dinette table. Pictures are before the second runner arrived, but show the fit.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...firm_allpromos

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1989.jpeg
Views:	251
Size:	372.7 KB
ID:	335464

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1991.jpeg
Views:	197
Size:	355.6 KB
ID:	335465
Old 03-12-2019, 07:18 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

Oak Harbor , wa
We also have Dublin Slate, for over a year. We got floor runners from HDepot, just the right width to fit in hallway. The upholstery is holding up perfectly, and cleans easily with damp cloth. A vacuum cleaner keeps up with 2 long hair cats.
Stormalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:35 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Beverly Hills , Michigan
Runner

What size are the runners you have in the hallway?
Rb115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:49 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
2023 30' Classic
Denver , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb115 View Post
What size are the runners you have in the hallway?
Ours are 7' 7" x 2' 3" The width of the hall between the shower and the toilet is the limiting factor. If you don't go beyond the pantry you have a little more width.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:00 PM   #17
PEN
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Bryant , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nryn View Post
We like light colored interiors. So the walnut/slate—the darkest of them—was not in the running for us. It came down to London Grey and Barcelona Blue and for reasons similar to yours (wanting a pet and kid friendly interior), we went with the Barcelona Blue. It’s a really muted blue and in some light seems more like a medium, cool gray.

We originally ordered the London Grey but eventually switched to the blue. I love the modern interior of the GT but I felt the grey was too sterile. At some point we’ll probably switch out the stark white curtains for something a little less “hospital” and a little more “human”.

Disclaimer: I’m a designer and probably agonize over this sort of thing more than most.
I too plan to change out those white curtains with something that has color and a pattern or design of some type!
Old 06-07-2019, 08:17 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

Phoenix , Arizona
Over the weekend, my wife and I visited the Airstream dealer to view the new 2020 GT23FB (which happened to be Dublin Slate and Walnut.) While I love the new floor plan and those incredibly comfortable T&N beds, my wife started to notice that all of the edges of the cabinets looked like they were cut with a dull blade. There was kind of a grayish non-defined edge along many of the cabinet edges which made the interior look as though it was already 5 years old. We went into a GT 27 with the EXACT same interior and all of the cabinets in that unit looked perfect. So, just add this to the delivery checklist that your cabinet edges look crisp and clean.

The lighter interior might reveal this contrast less - should the cabinets not be precisely cut.
PhxRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:02 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2023 20' Caravel
Maple Valley , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmmdtm View Post

We pick up our 23 on Saturday and ordered the same, I think it is the most attractive option!
Semmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:53 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semmons View Post
We pick up our 23 on Saturday and ordered the same, I think it is the most attractive option!
Congratulations! Photos, please . I think the 23’ GT is going to be a very popular model. We just got back from a three day shake-down run with our 27’ GT and everything worked as expected. Hope you have the same experience.
WBCCI# 10258
RETIRED!