Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 2018 - Current Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-13-2018, 02:53 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
chino hills , California
You can’t go wrong with either the 25 FB or the 27FB twin. Our first Airstream was a 22 Bambi. We loved it but with the second dog we definitely needed more room. We purchased 2018 25FB twin International serenity. And pull it with a Dodge Durango Citadel Hemi. The size has been perfect camping anywhere. All national parks, state parks, and the RV resort. Having so much fun! Look forward to meeting you down the road safe travels.
Congratulations on becoming an Airsteamer. Airstream‘s are wonderful, Airstream community awesome !!!
redhat200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:57 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
chino hills , California
Ultimate Airstream can update your Airsteam with Headboard for twin bed floor plans.. Never have to lean against the cold Aluminum again.
We had Ultimate do some modifications on ours with headboard this next year. Ultimate Airstream‘s Oregon check out their website.
redhat200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:09 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Akahn - I went from 19’ to 25’ and I have been so happy with my 25’ AS. The 27’ ASs looked sooooo long, too elongated for my ‘vision’ of what ASs should look like. Adjusting our ideas about what we think we need when we travel is important I.e. dressing simply I. E. Did you ever notice that Indiana Jones always wore the same thing whenever he went off on his adventures? Well, I have my own set of travel clothes that are lightweight, layerable, washable, and fast-drying. That minimized need for much closet space. I could go on here but I’m on my iPhone and hate typing on its keyboard so so will quit but wanted to convey a more minimalist approach to travel has served me well. I take what is really important to me but it has to be a top priority.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:43 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
Calgary , Alberta
If you feel the 25' is more compact and easier to manage, I think I would agree. We have the 27' and if we were to do it again, we would consider the 25' twin FB. It depends what you are going to be doing with your trailer. We do many weekend trips in the 27' with 2 kids, and having a 25' would feel a little more compact to 'get up and go'. If you do go for a 25' be sure to look at the twin model - I think it's the most practical way to go. If you are staying in the same location for a while, the 27' would probably feel better with the extra 2'. You can't go wrong with either. Visually, they appear the same inside and out.
danton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:20 AM   #25
1 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Covington , Ohio
We bought a new 25FB last April and have had several short trips and one month long trip in September. There are just two of us and we have a minimalist mindset, hence the 25 instead of the 27. It may seem crazy, but we liked the aesthetics of the 25 over the 27. We have never felt cramped and don’t even fill the storage space when we travel. We like to go to remote places so thought that a shorter trailer would be appreciated. So far so good. We towed with an F150 CC short bed but just traded for a new Expedition which we are anxious try.
donrogers is offline   Reply With Quote