Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-17-2018, 04:36 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Anchorage , Alaska
Water pouring from white tube

We just picked up our 2018 30 bunk a few weeks ago. We are at the first campsite we’ve had that has water hookups. We just noticed that when the toilet water fill is activated, a stream of water comes pouring out of a white tube behind the passenger rear wheel. I think this is the AC drain tube? It doesn’t do it at any other time with any other water source. It does it when filling the toilet and not activating the flush, so at least it isn’t coming from the waste side. We have not noticed this previously, so it may be related to having a water hookup, or it very well could have been happening all along and we just now noticed.
Does anyone know why this is happening? Is there some valve the dealer didn’t close from winterizing?
Thanks for any advice.
AKNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:13 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
I do not know what is happening. but some trailers have a hand spray line for the toilet. It sounds like you are getting water intended for that application somehow? does the water come out of the "tube" under pressure or is it leaking inside and draining out of this "tube".

I sorta answered just to get your post back up to the top.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:27 PM   #3
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
It's a flush line for winterizing. Pop open the vent panel under the drawers next to the oven. Its held on with two plastic J clips. Behind that panel is a valve. You need to close it. Mine was tucked under the heating vent on the right side. Not easy to find. But that's it.

And we had the exact same problem so you are not alone. My dealer said it was normal... :-(
Old 10-17-2018, 06:30 PM   #4
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
What do you mean when you say "when the toilet water fill is activated", and "filling the toilet but not activating the flush?" The flush pedal is the only way to 'fill' the toilet bowl. Can you give a better description of symptoms?
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:04 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Anchorage , Alaska
It it this valve here?
Does it turn toward the oven or away? It is really stiff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5BDD2113-294C-4BA6-B580-F8F34EF56B43.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	316.5 KB
ID:	325519  
Old 10-17-2018, 07:17 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Anchorage , Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskier View Post
What do you mean when you say "when the toilet water fill is activated", and "filling the toilet but not activating the flush?" The flush pedal is the only way to 'fill' the toilet bowl. Can you give a better description of symptoms?
On our 2018 it has electric switches rather than a pedal. There are switches for draining while adding water, just draining, or just adding water.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:23 PM   #7
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKNate View Post
On our 2018 it has electric switches rather than a pedal. There are switches for draining while adding water, just draining, or just adding water.
I see. My neighbor has a 2018 30' classic and his toilet is the regular "flush pedal" type. I have never seen electric valves like you're describing--sorry for my questions in this case!
As for the valve, that is a low point drain, especially if the pipe seems to disappear into the floor...and reappears in that spot under the trailer. They can be stiff...just try either direction till it turns 90 degrees and you'll be all set.
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:05 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
albany , California
Sounds like the fresh water tank drain.
schuyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:52 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Golden , Colorado
Quote:
We just picked up our 2018 30 bunk a few weeks ago. We are at the first campsite we’ve had that has water hookups. We just noticed that when the toilet water fill is activated, a stream of water comes pouring out of a white tube behind the passenger rear wheel. I think this is the AC drain tube? It doesn’t do it at any other time with any other water source. It does it when filling the toilet and not activating the flush, so at least it isn’t coming from the waste side. We have not noticed this previously, so it may be related to having a water hookup, or it very well could have been happening all along and we just now noticed.
Does anyone know why this is happening? Is there some valve the dealer didn’t close from winterizing?
Thanks for any advice.
I have a 2014 bunk and from what you say, this is the winterizing valve. Open the trunk next to the heater and look for a white, oval water handle.

This will happen whenever you use the water, as the system will not pressurize.
bbdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:19 AM   #10
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Thanks for any advice.
Hi AKNate,*

My name is Carly and I work with Airstream. We’re very sorry to learn about the issue you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customer_support@airstream.com*

Thank you.*
Old 10-18-2018, 01:40 PM   #11
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbdo View Post
I have a 2014 bunk and from what you say, this is the winterizing valve. Open the trunk next to the heater and look for a white, oval water handle.

This will happen whenever you use the water, as the system will not pressurize.
This is a different but similar valve. It drains the lines near the water heater - and there is a separate downpipe for that. The one in question is on the other side of the trailer by the oven.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

1976 31' Excella 500
Chappell Hill , Texas
FYI. This actually could be posted on 99% of the valve handle question posts; on most manual valves the handle always aligns with the direction of flow. Longways with the valve is open and cross ways is closed.
tbashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:46 PM   #13
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Quote:
It it this valve here?
Does it turn toward the oven or away? It is really stiff.
That looks like it. Mine is perpendicular not parallel. Looks like you need to close it. Not sure which way to turn.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:59 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Anchorage , Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTinNJ View Post
That looks like it. Mine is perpendicular not parallel. Looks like you need to close it. Not sure which way to turn.

I got it closed and that seems to have fixed it! I’ll check for sure when we have some water to spare and have my wife watch the tube while I activate the fill, but I didn’t see the big wet spot on the ground this morning and there seems to be a lot more flush water now. Thanks a lot!
Old 10-18-2018, 09:00 PM   #15
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Quote:
I got it closed and that seems to have fixed it! I’ll check for sure when we have some water to spare and have my wife watch the tube while I activate the fill, but I didn’t see the big wet spot on the ground this morning and there seems to be a lot more flush water now. Thanks a lot!
Happy to help! Sounds like you are good to go.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:24 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
So what exactly is it? My user manual for my 2012 27FB Flying Cloud mentions the low point drains outside but nothing about a drain inside - and yet, under the bathroom sink, I have one of these too which confused me the first year I had it - what exactly does it drain?? Can’t be the water heater - that’s the plug on the heater outside the trailer. I have hot and cold low point drains under the belly pan and a drain for the FW tank. Not sure what the drain under the sink does (but it will dump water outside the trailer...).
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:56 PM   #17
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
So what exactly is it? My user manual for my 2012 27FB Flying Cloud mentions the low point drains outside but nothing about a drain inside - and yet, under the bathroom sink, I have one of these too which confused me the first year I had it - what exactly does it drain?? Can’t be the water heater - that’s the plug on the heater outside the trailer. I have hot and cold low point drains under the belly pan and a drain for the FW tank. Not sure what the drain under the sink does (but it will dump water outside the trailer...).
Not sure on a 27. On the 30 bunk the toilet has a mascerstor pump so I guess its specific for that.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:17 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTinNJ View Post
Not sure on a 27. On the 30 bunk the toilet has a mascerstor pump so I guess its specific for that.

I wonder if my manufacturing team screwed up? [emoji3]
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:09 PM   #19
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
I wonder if my manufacturing team screwed up? [emoji3]
Anything is possible. I love my Airstream but quality control does not seem to be a high priority.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:03 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2020 30' Classic
Frederick , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskier View Post
I see. My neighbor has a 2018 30' classic and his toilet is the regular "flush pedal" type. I have never seen electric valves like you're describing--sorry for my questions in this case!
As for the valve, that is a low point drain, especially if the pipe seems to disappear into the floor...and reappears in that spot under the trailer. They can be stiff...just try either direction till it turns 90 degrees and you'll be all set.
On our 2017 27FC I can push the pedal just a bit and it fills the toilet but not open the flush valve.
DewTheDew is offline   Reply With Quote