Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-23-2018, 01:34 AM   #21
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewTheDew View Post
On our 2017 27FC I can push the pedal just a bit and it fills the toilet but not open the flush valve.
The 30 bunk model has a different toilet entirely. No pedal.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:13 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
So what exactly is it? My user manual for my 2012 27FB Flying Cloud mentions the low point drains outside but nothing about a drain inside - and yet, under the bathroom sink, I have one of these too which confused me the first year I had it - what exactly does it drain?? Can’t be the water heater - that’s the plug on the heater outside the trailer. I have hot and cold low point drains under the belly pan and a drain for the FW tank. Not sure what the drain under the sink does (but it will dump water outside the trailer...).

Ok. I tried an experiment while winterizing. After our last trip, I opened the fresh water drain, the external low point drains, and the weird unknown internal white handled drain - similar to your pic - under my lav sink and not documented in my user manual. Drove home about an hour on the road and all the water from those drains was emptied out.

Then when I went to winterize, I left “mystery drain” open as I went to my water heater to empty it. When I pressed on the relief valve, water started draining out of the tube the mystery drain is connected to (you access it from the inside but it drains outside). And then when I took the plug out of the water heater it really gushed. So I’m thinking in mine, it may be a low point drain for the water heater. I didn’t use t last year and just drained the water heater from the plug - clearly no damage from that process as we camped a lot this year and no leaks in the system anywhere. But I think I may have found the purpose for the undocumented mystery valve at least in my trailer.

Are there other trailers that have this valve documented as a low point drain for the water heater?
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 01:36 AM   #23
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Are there other trailers that have this valve documented as a low point drain for the water heater?
30 bunk does. Its next to the water heater in the outside hatch.