Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-21-2016, 04:49 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Laurel Hill , Florida
Took TT to Foley RV in Gulfport......service department there is Great.
Drake1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 06:17 AM   #22
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1949 View Post
Took TT to Foley RV in Gulfport......service department there is Great.

Did they use velcro?

Bob
Old 08-21-2016, 06:52 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Loretto , Ontario
Its in everyones best interest to improve after sales service.
Just for fun try to put yourself the shoes of an Airstream Dealer. In most cases its a short season, most of your business is done in 5 to 6 months. Every one wants their trailers serviced as soon as possible after all they have travel planes vacations booked etc. Good people, especially techs are hard to get and keep. If you do have good staff what do you do with them off season. So its mid season and you are busy as all get out and someone comes in the door who bought their trailer from some other dealer to save a couple of bucks demands you service their trailer and it needs to be done now!! What do you do? Do you stop everything and do it or do you take care of your customers first? What would your customers say if you were to delay their repairs to fix some one who bought elsewhere.
Last point. What we read on forums is only one side of the story. It could be that what we read is not exactly what happened. Is it possible a dealer said "I can't do it" and the customer heard "I won't do it"
I am in no way defending Airstream or their dealer network as I am sure there are some bad apples in the basket and IMO it is wrong to refuse to do warranty work.
Naper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:50 AM   #24
Overland Adventurer

1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
Revenue is revenue... matters not where it comes from!
AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:03 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Laurel Hill , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naper View Post
Its in everyones best interest to improve after sales service.
Just for fun try to put yourself the shoes of an Airstream Dealer. In most cases its a short season, most of your business is done in 5 to 6 months. Every one wants their trailers serviced as soon as possible after all they have travel planes vacations booked etc. Good people, especially techs are hard to get and keep. If you do have good staff what do you do with them off season. So its mid season and you are busy as all get out and someone comes in the door who bought their trailer from some other dealer to save a couple of bucks demands you service their trailer and it needs to be done now!! What do you do? Do you stop everything and do it or do you take care of your customers first? What would your customers say if you were to delay their repairs to fix some one who bought elsewhere.
Last point. What we read on forums is only one side of the story. It could be that what we read is not exactly what happened. Is it possible a dealer said "I can't do it" and the customer heard "I won't do it"
I am in no way defending Airstream or their dealer network as I am sure there are some bad apples in the basket and IMO it is wrong to refuse to do warranty work.
I wish that was the case.....quote: you did not buy it here....we don't do the warranty work. But Foley RV did the work no problem. I even showed up on the wrong day and they still did the work.

Airstream in JC has worked with me.....the place where I bought the TT worked with me....Foley RV worked with me. I am still a big Airstream fan and look forward to spending many days camping in my Airstream.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:04 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Laurel Hill , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Did they use velcro?

Bob
No...they did a great job!!!
Old 08-27-2016, 06:23 PM   #27
Renassiance man

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Simi valley , California
I hope a dealer would not offer any lessor service quality or a poor schedule based on where the trailer was purchased, I yy quality products and am willing to step up on the price based on my perception of the manufacturers Service network!
Brentsdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:20 PM   #28
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Many RV brands limit warranty coverage to the dealer from whom you bought the unit.

Airstream, however, does not do so. All authorized dealers are required to do warranty work without any regard to where it was purchased. It's one of the many reasons we decided to buy Airstream vs. SOB.

That said, some dealers have better service departments than others. In any case, if they flat out refuse to do warranty work on your trailer, give Airstream a call and tell them of your experience.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote