Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-02-2016, 06:07 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' International
Fort Worth , Texas
VOGT RV in DFW Texas - service and quality

We are looking to purchase a 2017 FC 27FB w/ Twins hopefully in the very near future. We have been dealing with VOGT of DFW located off 183. Just wanted see if anyone has dealt with them before? Any issues with getting your new AS? How are they at addressing problems after purchase, and how is their service department. Obviously if you order one there are no guarantees from factory , but just wanted some feedback on the dealership. Thanks!
2018 International Signature 27FB Twin
** PP3 1400# Hitch[/FONT]
Catfish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:34 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Granbury , Texas
We have bought 3 Airstreams from Vogt RV over the years. A 23FB, a 30 Classic and now a Pendleton. They have been great on all. Ask for Anthony Miller. He will make sure your happy and get you a great deal. Great folks who won't forget you after the check clears.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 12:21 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' International
Fort Worth , Texas
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 07-03-2016, 01:09 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
I 2nd the admonition for Anthony Miller. He is very respectful and professional.

The dealership is still checking up on us, that is a nice touch.

We bought our 28 FC in Dec 2016. We stayed in a local hotel while the predelivery, hitch, etc... was done. The shop staff was very friendly and completed the repairs they could at the time and efficient.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:26 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

texas , Texas
Just a warning, if you plan to get a ProPride or Hensley, I was told at the dealership that you would have to take it off for them to service it.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:48 PM   #6

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Grand Saline , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish72 View Post
We are looking to purchase a 2017 FC 27FB w/ Twins hopefully in the very near future. We have been dealing with VOGT of DFW located off 183. Just wanted see if anyone has dealt with them before? Any issues with getting your new AS? How are they at addressing problems after purchase, and how is their service department. Obviously if you order one there are no guarantees from factory , but just wanted some feedback on the dealership. Thanks!
We recently purchased a new AS from them. All was fine until two weeks after our purchase when we were readying for our first trip. We determined the power jack didn't work so we asked for a new one. Salesmen essentially said it would take several weeks and then went silent. Given our impending departure (reservations made and paid for) I asked to speak to the owner. He solved the problem and we were able to leave on time. I was very disappointed in the salesman's lack of interest in helping once the sale was completed.

Then, one of our AC's did not work and when I tried to take it in for replacement, I was told they didn't have room for me; I should call back in a few weeks to see if they had room.

Overall it was a less than satisfactory experience, particularly given the cost of a new AS.
morgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 03:54 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Commerce , Texas
I have not had good experience with service department.
billymyers56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:52 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' International
Fort Worth , Texas
Good information. Thank you all for the information.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:59 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Currently Looking...
mesquite , Texas
Smile vogt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish72 View Post
Good information. Thank you all for the information.
First impression with salesman at voug was disappointing to say the least! 2nd. Wasn't much better! 3 rd visit after purchasing out of state was much better! They somehow developed an attatude adjustment but by then they had lost my confidence in there willingness to be my dealer or service department. My friends in ft . worth bought their 25ftfc from them and so far have been happy with them . Different strokes etc.
only get one chance to make a first impression. Hope you have a good relationship with them. One way to find out.
moxie t. moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 05:45 PM   #10

2013 Interstate Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
I bought my Interstate from Vogt 3 years ago and they were a pleasure to do business with. Since then I have had my AI in their shop a few times and I have always been well satisfied with the quality of their work. Three comments:
  1. Service appointments are often two or three weeks in the future
  2. Warranty work can take two to three weeks to get factory approval and they won't start any warranty work without approval
  3. The parts department is well organized and well run, but they do not have a big inventory of parts so there can be another week to ten day delay waiting for a part to come in from Airstream.
Whether this would be any faster for non-warranty or break-down service I have no way of knowing.

In Summary
Yes, I would buy from them again.
Yes, I would recommend a friend or family member to them (in fact I already have)
Yes I will be going back when I need service on the Airstream portion of my AI.

— Navajo saying
joemikeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 06:19 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
We dealt with them when we were looking at our first Airstream several years ago. Initially seemed helpful and all but did not return phone calls and not very informed on new things on new year models which were already being produced. Bought elsewhere. Did use their service dept and was pleased with service, though long wait to get in and in shop for a long time for small repair. As noted above, they will not take in a trailer with a ProPride or Hensley hitch. You have to remove it for them to take in trailer for service. That's unacceptable to me.

We bought our 28 FC at Bayer in Dublin, TX and overwhelmed with the attention to everything and service quality. Smaller shop that will do anything for you and service dept is top notch.

Good luck in your decision.

Chuck
silverlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:04 PM   #12
:SPACE A" S/O 11 Air19745

2006 34' Classic S/O
Fort Worth , Texas
I would ask Airstream if Voigt ever sends service people to them for training. The Hensley/ProPride service refusal is a cop out. The factory could easily show them how they do it. Because of that, I take mine to North Dallas RV. Long time dealer/factory relationship, but now only does Airstream service and the accept HA and PP trailers.
guskmg
guskmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:14 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Southlake , Texas
We purchased our 26u from Anthony Miller in March and it was a pleasant experience. He is very knowledgable on the product and returns phone calls. Our experience with the service department has not been as pleasant. Their service writer acts like he doesn't care if you do business with them or not. The service manage talks a good game but doesn't follow through. The general manager, Aaron Vogt, has moved his office to the service department to see if things can be improved. Time will tell.
Bgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:59 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
I purchased my preowned 2008 Classic 25fb from Vogt in April 2013. Vogt had just acquired the Airstream dealership for DFW. The buying experience was good. They allowed me to bring an Airforums inspector to go over the unit. The PDI was thorough. I was not able to negotiate the price but they threw in the Equalizer hitch and they performed the hydraulic brake recalls. The replaced the trailer brake hoses and checked the Actibrake controller. I asked them if they would replace the Actibrake (since the company is out of business and there are a lot of failures) with a Dexter unit ($700 plus labor) and they agreed. They were able to find us better financing too.

On the first trip out to a local lake I observed our batteries were not charging even though hooked up to shore power. I took it back to the Vogt (the service department is in a separate location than trailer sales) and they diagnosed batteries so they got swapped out. The next trip the same issue. I ended up buying a smart charger local to the campground to charge my batteries. I ended up diagnosing myself a faulty charger. Instead of replacing it with the Parallax I chose a PD4655 and installed it myself. I guess their techs don't know how to troubleshoot a converter. I was disappointed with the service department.

Vogt is a larger dealership and Airstream is just one of their brands but they do sell very expensive motorhomes.

I've also heard Bayer RV in Dublin is good for service.

Kelvin
Old 08-12-2016, 10:30 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Corpus Christi , Texas
Vogt

Anthony is a wonderful sales person. But the service department is not very accommodating. We found that Steve Beattie at North Dallas RV is the best. He Replaced our converter (under warranty) what a shame a new AS and replacing that-batteries went dead - had a trip planned and Vogt said they couldn't get us in for 2 weeks. Steve told us to bring her in, but couldn't promise how quickly it could be fixed. He fixed it in three days! We had him install Max Air covers - very happy with his service.
2fromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:06 PM   #16
Rivet Master

I purchased my 2016 Interstate from Vogt. From my first phone call, with my salesman, Brant McKamie to the day I picked it up to drive it back to Denver......All was a great experience. I was able to negotiate a good price, on the precise model I wanted, also got good trade in value for my 2015 Bambi 16'.

Richard Averett, service manager, went above and beyond to give me a thorough in service, then, repeated much more when I came back down 2 weeks later to pick it up. He urged me to call with any difficulties, and I did, several times. He was very patient, talked me through trouble shooting and offered more info to supplement as I needed to fill in on my "learning curve"!

I add one more point to consider....they have two totally separate locations...across the roadway from each department.....one is trailers only and the other is Motorhomes. I dealt with those in the MOTORHOME store.

I was treated like a valued customer and family member by all I encountered at Vogt, from service personnel to the owners. It was well worth the 4 way trip to buy from them. I highly recommend them! Evelyn.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:35 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Savannah , Texas
We bought our 30fb 2016 from Vogt and Anthony the salesman was awesome, informative but not pushy, and we got a killer deal, after leveraging some other national sellers.

The purchase was great, Rob thoroughly walked us through everything. We did have an AC go out night one, but they let me bring it in to confirm, then come back 3 days later for a quick repair. And since I had two ac's we made it through 2 hot Texas days by running the working one and routing it to both ends of the trailer.

Good luck on your decision and hope it all works out. I'd buy from Vogt again personally.
Streaminfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:19 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Longview , Texas
We purchased our 2017 FC 26U from Vogt a couple of weeks ago. Anthony was easy to work with and was prompt in answering all of our questions during the ordering process. We felt like (based on logistics of location) we got the best deal on our coach.

Haven't had to deal with their Service Dept. yet ... (and hope that'll be awhile down the road!).

D
DarrellT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:39 PM   #19
1 Rivet Member

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Grand prairie , Texas
Dealing with them now. Buying a FC 20 on Monday. Will let you know how it goes. By the way, any tips on buying equipment like Sewer Hose, is the one that comes with good or cheap? Any other key points on outfitting it? Happy Holidays.
aero09053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 10:45 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Granbury , Texas
I see some negative comments about Vogt's service. Wife and I, my son and his wife, his father in law, all have bought and had motorhomes and trailers serviced by Vogt. Yes, you have to schedule an appointment. Then it takes time to diagnose the problem and get authorization from manufacturers for repairs. Parts need to be ordered. Our experience has always been very positive. Yes, sometimes it takes a couple of weeks and things happen at the worst possible time. Be patient and give them a chance. We have always been treated with the highest respect from the owner all the way down to the wash guys.

No dealership is perfect including Vogt RV but they try really hard to be and it shows. Give them a try. Ask for Anthony Miller if you are purchasing. He will make you a happy camper!
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote