Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-26-2016, 07:24 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Savoy , Texas
They had our AS for 39 days to complete: RV Warranty Forever inspection, state tag inspection and replace a couple items under factory warranty. After we dropped off AS It took 3 weeks to get it into the shop. And had to get factory approval to replace parts and then waited to get parts in. They never called even when they completed the work. I called every 2 weeks to get a status report.
SpinWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:30 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Southlake , Texas
I've had some negative comments in the past about Vogt. Last week, I needed a state inspection and a longer drop for the Equii-I-zer on the new truck. I took it to Vogt and they were great. Rob and Andy got me in an out in less than an hour and only charged me for the parts on the hitch work. Andy is great on hitch set up.
They are building a new Airstream-only facility nearby and all the Airstreams will be inside the building.
Bgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:32 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Chicago/DC , IL/VA
VOGT RV is now a 5 Rivet dealer?

I'm digging around looking at 5 Rivet dealers and noticed Vogt is the only one within 6 hours drive. I've read that 5 Rivet winners are supposed to excel in all sales and service categories. I will be looking at 30s and 33s tomorrow to see what all the hype is about.

I'll follow up with the experience after this weekend.
Slip7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:47 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
There is a new thread with good comments on Vogt FYI:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f427...rt-183912.html
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:55 PM   #25

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Sparks , Nevada
They only offer nada low book on trade in.
sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:35 PM   #26
RFP
Rivet Master

2014 23' International
Hurst , Texas
We have had several absolutely outstanding experiences with "Trish" the parts person at Vogt. She is just so good at her job... and pleasant... and thorough!

Fortune Cookie: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57663633667345

"The Black Swan": https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57648991024725
RFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:21 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Chicago/DC , IL/VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
There is a new thread with good comments on Vogt FYI:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f427...rt-183912.html
Thanks Otra, I'll check it out.
Slip7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:11 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Southlake , Texas
I posted this under another heading today. I just had one of my a/c units replaced by Vogt and they did a super job. Alex got it in and out in a week. He discovered that when N Dallas RV replaced both units in Nov 2011 that they failed to put the seal/gasket that goes between the return air and the cool air duct. The units never had cooled properly sine they were replaced. I’m just hoping that this is the last a/c issue we have for a while!
Bgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:04 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2020 30' Classic
Frederick , Maryland
I will just pitch in to say that I never used that dealer (don't live close to TX!) but we LOVE our 2017 FC 27FB with twins! We love the layout for what we do and though we hesitated a bit with the twins at first (we like to snuggle) it is a great layout in practice. Have fun and good luck!
DewTheDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:50 PM   #30

San Antonio , Texas
Sales experience was good

My wife and I stopped at Vogt this weekend with our dog. We met with a salesman named Jeff who was quite personable and knowledgeable on the products. We were at first concerned one of us would have to wait outside with our dog but Jeff explained Vogt is very dog friendly and encouraged us to haul him into the trailer so he would have a change to sniff around and check it out as well. He confidently assured us our 100+ lb Lab wouldn't hurt the floors.

Jeff took us to a few models we specifically were interested in and addressed concerns I had read about here recently on topics like the vents on late models or the projectors on the new 33ft classic. He was able to explain in detail how the brand had progressed with the issues and was open about the drawbacks of certain items. He also introduced us to a twin bunk model we had not considered and we wound up admitting to ourselves that option has a lot of benefits we would not have otherwise considered had we not physically checked out the space.

He detailed how AS warranty works along with Vogt's 60 day concierge service for shake down runs. He also explained how purchasing an extended 3rd party warranty would work and how busy their maintenance shop gets as well as how they prioritize work coming in during the busy months. He was able to give enough detail to how the claims and warranty process works to manage expectations on wait times for various scenarios. I don't mind if something takes a long time to fix if I know the process.

He then gave us some time alone to go explore as many models as we wanted on our own and encouraged more questions once we met him back at the office.

We told him our projected time frame and plans and he was never pushy or tried to steer us in any direction. No pressure. This was completely different than the experience I had by myself at Camper Clinic II in Austin where the salesperson was keen to have me explain why I'm waiting and kept suggesting ways I could get a decision sooner with my wife. I appreciate the soft-close during a sale if it's subtle but she kept using the same tired car sales tactics on me and it was a huge turn off. Plus she was clueless to common issues or feedback on the units and took a long while to get answers. Jeff had them on hand and didn't sugar coat anything. He was simply matter-of-fact.

Based on our interaction with Jeff, the amount of inventory, and the general vibe we got watching other people's conversations with various sales folk, we got a positive feel for the entire business. We have some items we have to line up in regards to our tow vehicle and job assignments but look forward to working with Vogt and Jeff when our time comes. Even if that means driving 5 hours up to Ft. Worth to do it.
BKfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 08:06 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Midlothian , Texas
VOGT is awesome!

We have only the highest regard for the folks at VOGT - David Vestal was our sales contact and he stayed with us through the whole deal and even when we had a few ""early owner"" issues. We cannot say enough good things about Cliff Harris - the new manager of service - so very caring and provides regular updates on any service. He senses how anxious we all are when our ""baby"" is in for some work and he handles it well through constant communication and even pictures of the progress.

And now, that they have their exclusive Airstream dealership, I cannot imagine but the care and service will continue even more.

Great folks and great respect for their customers!!
TexasMarci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:31 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Bainbridge Island , Washington
We bought our trailer from them in April. We paid a lot less for the trailer we wanted, and got a lot more for our trade, compared to our local a/s dealer. The whole sale process was super easy.

The make-ready team did a good job, and spent a lot of time showing us how everything worked. Only complaint is that we found a couple of minor problems they could have quickly fixed, but they insisted we come back later and have the service Dept do the work. Minor stuff I fixed myself at home.

I haven’t tried the service yet.
pwlldvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 06:27 PM   #33

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Sparks , Nevada
We tried to buy from Vogt, nice enough folks but only wanted to give us “nada” value for our pristine 2014 Flying Cloud 30’. About 1/2 of it’s value with no negotiation on new one or trade in value. Sold the 30’ for fair value and bought a nice slightly used Eddie Bauer. Be careful, know the value of your unit and don’t be afraid to sell it yourself.
sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 06:38 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Mansfield , Ohio
Love Vogt! We've bought 3 Airstreams from them, never a problem! Our salesman is Greg Robertson and he's been wonderful! The new service facility is top notch!
Old 09-22-2018, 03:31 AM   #35
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKfree View Post
We told him our projected time frame and plans and he was never pushy or tried to steer us in any direction. No pressure. This was completely different than the experience I had by myself at Camper Clinic II in Austin where the salesperson was keen to have me explain why I'm waiting and kept suggesting ways I could get a decision sooner with my wife. I appreciate the soft-close during a sale if it's subtle but she kept using the same tired car sales tactics on me and it was a huge turn off. Plus she was clueless to common issues or feedback on the units and took a long while to get answers. Jeff had them on hand and didn't sugar coat anything. He was simply matter-of-fact.
We've bought two Airstreams from Camper Clinic II. Sales folks there are pretty hit and miss. They do like their service department folks, but there's only a couple of the sales folks who I think really understand sales. The problem in some respects is that Airstreams pretty much sell themselves. So they don't have to try as hard as they should. Also I don't think some of the folks who sell them actually have done any camping/RV'ing in their lives. In fact, had we had a knowledgable salesperson when we bought our 23D we probably would have bought the 26U, but that person couldn't answer some of the questions and in fact, was wrong on a few accounts. But we enjoyed the 23D (for a few years until we got tired of climbing over each other), so we sold the 23D and bought a 27FB from them.

But I certainly hear you about Camper Clinic, they are certainly a hit or miss operation depending on what you want.
wbrisett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:17 AM   #36
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoWhereTowed View Post
Just a warning, if you plan to get a ProPride or Hensley, I was told at the dealership that you would have to take it off for them to service it.
Now thats an indication of a quality operation...👎
At least they could R&R and charge. Lazy or not qualified?

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 09-22-2018, 02:35 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
VOGT RV in DFW Texas - service and quality

That’s a dealership that would not get my business. I can leave the stinger, or they can purchase a “lot bar”.
Folks have to earn my business...I’m a loyal customer, but it has to be a two-way street.
DW flat won’t hand out money without decent service either. That’s why I do most of the work myself...
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:16 PM   #38
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Worth , Texas
We were looking to upgrade our present travel trailer to either an Airstream, or an Oliver, I do like the Oliver, one super built trailer and everything is first class. We did get an invite to Vogt Airstream for there open house in there new faculties, it is one nice place, all trailers are indoors, both heated and A/C. They are a Five Rivet dealer and they really showed us how they lived up to that with Airstream. Airstream had there top brass there from the home office and you could talk with them one on one, very informative. I got a very good impression of the dealer and the sales person we spoke with was top notch and showed and told us whatever we wanted to know. Now we have something else to think about. We really like the 23D Flying Cloud.

trainman
trainman605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:00 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Welcome to the forum trainman605!

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:01 PM   #40
RFP
Rivet Master

2014 23' International
Hurst , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman605 View Post
< snip > We really like the 23D Flying Cloud.

trainman
Are you the "trainman" that's over on the Casita Forum? I'm betting "yes" .... Small world, isn't it?

Fortune Cookie: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57663633667345

"The Black Swan": https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57648991024725
RFP is offline   Reply With Quote