Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2019, 05:00 AM   #41
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman605 View Post
Now we have something else to think about. We really like the 23D Flying Cloud.

We owned one ourselves, but after a year and half, decided that we just weren't keen on climbing over each other all the time. If there's any singular downside to the 23D, that's it. Otherwise, it's the perfect model for most I think.

In the end, we sold the 23D and bought the 27FB. If you take the shower move it over across the walkway and put a queen bed in the trailer, you have the 27FB. That's pretty much all you have to know about our decision. We loved the layout of the 23D, but the corner bed ended our love affair with the 23D.
wbrisett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:14 AM   #42
RFP
Rivet Master

2014 23' International
Hurst , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrisett View Post
< snip >We loved the layout of the 23D, but the corner bed ended our love affair with the 23D.
In our case, the rear corner bed is one of the things we really love about our 23D. The rear "bedroom" is The Queen's Chambers... Linda loves the luxury of having her own place to sleep, drink her morning coffee, read, etc., she's so cute all snuggled up back there. As for me, I sleep on the pull-out bed up in the lounge area... I love it. My bedding consists of a down-filled Marmot rectangular sleeping bag (with a built in lower sheet). I usually go to sleep before she does, so I'm completely undisturbed. Also, rumor has it that I've been know to snore... separate sleeping space keeps her from killing me in my sleep.

Fortune Cookie: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57663633667345

"The Black Swan": https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57648991024725
RFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:02 AM   #43
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFP View Post
In our case, the rear corner bed is one of the things we really love about our 23D. The rear "bedroom" is The Queen's Chambers... Linda loves the luxury of having her own place to sleep, drink her morning coffee, read, etc., she's so cute all snuggled up back there. As for me, I sleep on the pull-out bed up in the lounge area... I love it. My bedding consists of a down-filled Marmot rectangular sleeping bag (with a built in lower sheet). I usually go to sleep before she does, so I'm completely undisturbed. Also, rumor has it that I've been know to snore... separate sleeping space keeps her from killing me in my sleep.
Yes, I'm the same trainman with the Casita. It's true the wife and I are looking for a larger trailer, be it an Airstream, Oliver, Bigfoot, or Escape. I've been an Oliver fan all along just because of there top quality and twin bed floorplan. Our Casita is the twin bed model and we have told ourselves that that's the only way to go for us. We have not been that interested in an Airstream until the open house at DFW Airstream and there we really liked the 23D Flying Cloud model. There is a little walk around room around the queen size bed, we tested it out and it will work for us, so this trailer entered into the trailer hunt. True the 25' Airstream has the twin bed floorplan, but we are trying to stay in the 21'-23' range, we are casual campers and that size fits us well. All being said it's probably down to the Airstream 23D and the Oliver Elite II, the wife leans towards the Airstream and me the Oliver, well we all know who wins this decision. P S, nice meeting you and Linda at the open house, hope to see you at a campsite someday.

trainman
trainman605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:37 AM   #44
RFP
Rivet Master

2014 23' International
Hurst , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman605 View Post
< snip > Airstream until the open house at DFW Airstream and there we really liked the 23D Flying Cloud model. There is a little walk around room around the queen size bed, we tested it out and it < snip >

trainman
Now I'm confused. Might you be confusing the 23D (now known as the 23CB) with the 23FB? The 23FB is the one with the "walk around" queen bed... but that's being overly generous with the "walk around" terminology (I find it completely "un-walkable" ).

Fortune Cookie: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57663633667345

"The Black Swan": https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57648991024725
RFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:55 AM   #45
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFP View Post
Now I'm confused. Might you be confusing the 23D (now known as the 23CB) with the 23FB? The 23FB is the one with the "walk around" queen bed... but that's being overly generous with the "walk around" terminology (I find it completely "un-walkable" ).
Being new to Airstream I don't know all the model numbers, but yes it is the 23FB, as far as the queen size bed that you walk around, it was doable for us. We do prefer the twin beds like in the 25's, but don't want to go to that length of trailer, just not needed for only two people. If we had our choice it would be a 23FB Twin, but since there is no such model available at this time we just keep going back to the 23FB. Features I like over the Oliver are, larger dinning seating area, full enclosed shower, ducted A/C vents, much more viewing area (windows), Nev-R-Lub bearings, and a whole list of options that are standard with the Airstream. I look it as a $12,000 difference between the two, if you consider what your get, the price difference is very little in comparison. It's fun to have choices and are able to purchase what you want, I'm having fun shopping, just holding on to my money for as long as I can.

trainman
trainman605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 10:04 AM   #46
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Spring , Texas
Avoid CCII

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKfree View Post
My wife and I stopped at Vogt this weekend with our dog. We met with a salesman named Jeff who was quite personable and knowledgeable on the products. We were at first concerned one of us would have to wait outside with our dog but Jeff explained Vogt is very dog friendly and encouraged us to haul him into the trailer so he would have a change to sniff around and check it out as well. He confidently assured us our 100+ lb Lab wouldn't hurt the floors.

Jeff took us to a few models we specifically were interested in and addressed concerns I had read about here recently on topics like the vents on late models or the projectors on the new 33ft classic. He was able to explain in detail how the brand had progressed with the issues and was open about the drawbacks of certain items. He also introduced us to a twin bunk model we had not considered and we wound up admitting to ourselves that option has a lot of benefits we would not have otherwise considered had we not physically checked out the space.

He detailed how AS warranty works along with Vogt's 60 day concierge service for shake down runs. He also explained how purchasing an extended 3rd party warranty would work and how busy their maintenance shop gets as well as how they prioritize work coming in during the busy months. He was able to give enough detail to how the claims and warranty process works to manage expectations on wait times for various scenarios. I don't mind if something takes a long time to fix if I know the process.

He then gave us some time alone to go explore as many models as we wanted on our own and encouraged more questions once we met him back at the office.

We told him our projected time frame and plans and he was never pushy or tried to steer us in any direction. No pressure. This was completely different than the experience I had by myself at Camper Clinic II in Austin where the salesperson was keen to have me explain why I'm waiting and kept suggesting ways I could get a decision sooner with my wife. I appreciate the soft-close during a sale if it's subtle but she kept using the same tired car sales tactics on me and it was a huge turn off. Plus she was clueless to common issues or feedback on the units and took a long while to get answers. Jeff had them on hand and didn't sugar coat anything. He was simply matter-of-fact.

Based on our interaction with Jeff, the amount of inventory, and the general vibe we got watching other people's conversations with various sales folk, we got a positive feel for the entire business. We have some items we have to line up in regards to our tow vehicle and job assignments but look forward to working with Vogt and Jeff when our time comes. Even if that means driving 5 hours up to Ft. Worth to do it.

Avoid Camper Clinic II. Once you drive away, it's "good luck"
MandDinSpgTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:19 AM   #47
2 Rivet Member

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Corpus Christi , Texas
Avoid CCII reply

We bought our 23D from Jeff. Was a great experience during the sale. Went to CCII last year to see if we could trade up from. 23D to a 25 or 27. Had the same terrible experience you had. Walked away. We agree run run as fast as you can from them.
2fromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 04:54 PM   #48
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Burleson , Texas
2017 25fb fc

We bought our AS from Jeff; really liked him and like the dealership.

Mappity map
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:48 AM   #49

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Plano , Texas
Vogt Airstream in DFW has the worst Service Department I have ever encountered.
msgriztx is offline   Reply With Quote