Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-06-2017, 10:34 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Montgomery , Texas
Twin bed 25A bedding sizing question

Hi, my wife and I have ordered a 2018 FC 25A rear twin in truffle. Indications are we 'might' have it by the end of July - if like most things, we are not holding our breath on that delivery date, but that said we both can't wait for our first excursion!

Her question for ya'll is what considerations should be made to determine what size, etc. for utilizing 'different' bedding vs. what comes w/ the unit direct from Airstream.

We've had boats before and found that we had to have custom sheets, bed spreads, etc.

Will we have the same challenges w/ our Airstream, or can you buy standard twin sized bedding and it fit?

Many Thanks - Clay and Sara
Dockholiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 12:31 PM   #2
CRH
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
I use off the shelf sheets and bedspreads. I just tuck the excess in the corner and call a day.
CRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 02:46 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Montgomery , Texas
Thanks - this is our first official post/question. I'm sure we'll have a ton more. Sounds like we need to be careful with getting a bed spread, but tuck here and there for the sheets is all good. Yes?
Old 05-06-2017, 04:39 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
We found trying to make up the twins nicely every morning became a pain. We use regular size small sheets and just tuck them in. Same goes for a colourful blue comforter.

Now, we just leave the beds nicely made up and open up a extra wide quality North Face sleeping bag for each of us. A Pendleton wool blanket is nearby for those chilly nights.

In the morning, stuff sleeping bags away, fold up blanket. No fuss....No muss!
Old 05-06-2017, 04:41 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Montgomery , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigfoot View Post
We found trying to make up the twins nicely every morning became a pain. We use regular size small sheets and just tuck them in. Same goes for a colourful blue comforter.

Now, we just leave the beds nicely made up and open up a extra wide quality North Face sleeping bag for each of us. A Pendleton wool blanket is nearby for those chilly nights.

In the morning, stuff sleeping bags away, fold up blanket. No fuss....No muss!

There ya go. Like it!
Old 05-07-2017, 10:58 AM   #6
Prairie Schooner

2005 25' Safari
Whidbey Island , Washington
AS Linens for Twin Beds

We have a front twin bed arrangement in our 2005 Safari 25'.

We purchased complete linen sets, including pillow cases, blankets AND mattress covers from this outfit:
http://www.ablifestyles.net

The linens are cut specifically for the curved AS twin mattresses. We couldn't be happier with the results! The fit and quality are perfect.

“Is this goin’ to be a standup fight, or another bug hunt?”
- Bill Paxton (Private Hudson in the movie Aliens, 1986)
christopherb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:16 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

We have rear twins on our 2002 Classic 25'.

We purchased twin sheet sets, twin blankets, and a throw to use as a comforter/spread. This works just fine for us.

We also purchased a foam topper/ mattress pad and my husband trimmed the foam to fit the curved side.
We are very happy with this set up. We also carry an extra wool blanket for the chilly nights.
raidergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:02 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Montgomery , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherb View Post
We have a front twin bed arrangement in our 2005 Safari 25'.

We purchased complete linen sets, including pillow cases, blankets AND mattress covers from this outfit:
http://www.ablifestyles.net

The linens are cut specifically for the curved AS twin mattresses. We couldn't be happier with the results! The fit and quality are perfect.

Excellent lead - Thank you so much. I'm sure my wife will be checking this out. Appreciate it.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:04 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Montgomery , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidergal View Post
We have rear twins on our 2002 Classic 25'.

We purchased twin sheet sets, twin blankets, and a throw to use as a comforter/spread. This works just fine for us.

We also purchased a foam topper/ mattress pad and my husband trimmed the foam to fit the curved side.
We are very happy with this set up. We also carry an extra wool blanket for the chilly nights.

Got it - I was looking on the Airstream website and it looks like the bedspread that comes with the trailer is reversible too.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:56 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2012 23' FB International
Woodstock , Ontario
You can purchase custom sheets at the Jackson Centre store. We did for our '89. They are not cheap but they are good quality
JCW
JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:44 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Montgomery , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWDCW View Post
You can purchase custom sheets at the Jackson Centre store. We did for our '89. They are not cheap but they are good quality
JCW

Thank you.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:04 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Granbury , Texas
Another vote for AB Lifestyles...when you go to their website look under "Everything Airstreaam". Be sure to order the taller deep pocket sheets. The new twins have memory foam pillowtops and are taller than previous years. They are also much more comfy.

We got our twin sheets from AB and really like the quality and fit. You can't go wrong ordering from them.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:38 PM   #13

Evansville , Alabama
Searching for only twins in classifieds

Hello Everyone!

I'm probably not posting this in the correct area but I'm new and not sure how to do that. I'm wondering if there is a way to do a search on the airstreamclassifieds for only one with twins. Have looked and looked to no avail.

Thanks for any feedback and advise.

John

Evansville, Indiana
jhayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
We got XL twin sheets. These are longer than standard. Used in dorm rooms so easy to find this time of year. We got a wamsutta set at bed bath and beyond

Got Xl comfoters at the company store catalog.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:44 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Plano , Texas
I have ordered twin bed sheet sets from AB Lifestyles. Nice people to work with. I wish the thread count was higher than 300 but they are a good price. Also they fit really well on the mattresses.
rick1009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:21 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
John.. Use your Google search engine. Ask your question. Then add Airstream Forums. You'll be surprised what shows up. Don