Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2017, 09:48 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2020 27' Flying Cloud
Allen , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenson748 View Post
I would second the Weber Q, I purchased a low pressure conversion kit and hoses and use the low pressure quick connect on front of my trailer. I set it up on folding grill table I purchased at Camping world, works great.
I am away from my trailer. Could you tell me what propane hose is needed to hook up to trailer for the Q grill
prostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:40 AM   #22
Trailer Sold, Waving

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Stettler , Alberta
Any update on experience with the CharBroil grille? It looks more substantial than the Weber Q or the Coleman models...
WBCCI #6679
Acheron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 05:12 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2015 22' FB Sport
2018 27' Flying Cloud
2021 30RB Classic
Currently Looking...
Fredericksburg , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostar View Post
I am away from my trailer. Could you tell me what propane hose is needed to hook up to trailer for the Q grill

This is where my neighbor got his hose to connect his Webber Q to his RV.

http://propanegear.com/weber-q-rv-qu...t-kit-12-hose/

We full time in an RV Park so our Webber Q has a similar 6’ hose that gets connected to a 20lb propane tank.

http://propanegear.com/high-pressure...o-appliance-6/

When we travel we do not bring the 20lb tank. Instead we use the little green bottles for the Webber Q. Chances are the trailer propane port will be occupied by the twinned, Genconnex converted to propane, Honda 2000’s generators running the AC. If necessary one can always take one of the 30lb tanks off the AS and connect the Webber Q to it with the above mentioned 6’ hose.
twbucksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:14 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron2010 View Post
Any update on experience with the CharBroil grille? It looks more substantial than the Weber Q or the Coleman models...
This is a fairly old thread, so you might have better luck getting someone's attention if you Quote them [button below], and this site will send them an email to let them know about your post.

Also, there are some other longer Grill etc. threads, in the Stella's Kitchen forum,

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f484/

. . . which you could check, such as this one:

Sticky: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f484...ill-20888.html

Also, the new search function above in the blue box works great, and "CharBroil" results are here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Char...=airforums.com

Happy trails,

Peter

PS -- After you open up the Sticky thread linked above, you can "Search this Thread" for "CharBroil," and a host of posts will be available.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:41 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Just a note on grill tables. This is the finest smallest pack grill table I've ever owned. Spectacular! Note the size when stored!

https://www.coleman.com/pack-away-ki...tables#start=3

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:37 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Box Elder , SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by banderabob View Post
We have a 2-burner Coleman on collapsible scissor legs with wheels. We transport it in the back of the Expedition, no odors, though we keep it clean.
This is what we've had for many years. It's held up well. Lots of miles on it.

But we're thinking about something smaller. Has anyone had experience with the Coleman Fold N Go?

https://www.coleman.com/fold-n-go-in...rills#start=15
devilsbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:00 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Green Cove Springs , Florida
We love the Smoke Hollow grill. Cooks a great steak, especially when you add a little applewood in the smoker tray.

Smoke Hollow Vector 3-Burner Tabletop Propane Gas Grill w/Smoke Tray and Folding Side Tables https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006FU06LM..._vEzABb6BCE0B4
Old 08-07-2018, 07:01 AM   #28
Stay Calm and Stream On

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Palm Springs , California
Yes, my vote is for the awnings. Even in cool weather, if you are parked in direct sunlight, the shade goes a long way to a cool inside.

I have the Webber grill modified to run on the AS propane system, but I have not used it for months after buying the Nuwave induction cooker.

I am just blown away by it’s ease of use, cooking grilling abilities and it’s adjustable watts 600 900 1600 depending on my power situation. No flame and energy efficiency plus I can use inside or outside the AS.

I can exactly set the temps, which makes for perfect frying or searing steaks...I love induction cooking!!!

Clean up is a breeze compared to the Webber. The induction skillet is very easy to clean to.
HHPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:25 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2015 28' International
Ofallon , Missouri
First Airstream had one awning. Our second has 3. Huge difference in being able to cut down the sun on other two sides.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:06 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHPJ View Post
I have the Webber grill modified to run on the AS propane system, but I have not used it for months after buying the Nuwave induction cooker.

I am just blown away by it’s ease of use, cooking grilling abilities and it’s adjustable watts 600 900 1600 depending on my power situation. No flame and energy efficiency plus I can use inside or outside the AS.

I can exactly set the temps, which makes for perfect frying or searing steaks...I love induction cooking!!!

Clean up is a breeze compared to the Webber. The induction skillet is very easy to clean to.

Induction has it's positives alright! My son and his wife purchased us a Hestin cue for Christmas last year for the trailer. Spectacular smart phone induction burner and pan. A bit pricey though!

https://www.hestancue.com/?utm_sourc...BoCsBgQAvD_BwE

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:36 PM   #31
1 Rivet Member

Kyle , Texas
We shelled out for the Magma "Baja" Traveler series grill....very impressed....https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:11 AM   #32
JDG
Riveted

2018 33' Classic
Charleston , West Virginia
Hodgey
Did you get the low pressure conversion regulator so you can use the quick connect on your trailer? If so any issues?
JDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:48 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Chico , California
I just got a NexGrill from my local Costco for $139. Seems of comparable quality to a Weber Q. Amazon sells it for $238 and has some reviews. May not be the last grill I ever buy, but will suit my needs for now at least. Haven't used it yet, and a couple of the Amazon reviews are negative, but at least with Costco's return policy, I'm covered if it doesn't work out.

https://www.costco.com/Nexgrill-Cast...100384628.html

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07BFG487P
brainwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:20 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Check the pricing; $100.00 more on amazon. $237.00 amazon vs $139.00 @ costco
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:14 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Chico , California
Yeah, glad you called that out. Nice catch
Old 03-21-2019, 08:18 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
we have a weber Q
we have adapted it to run of the trailer LP

there are conversion kits to go from High to low pressure. easy to get parts from you big box store

we got a longer hose to allow the weber Q to sit on a picnic table
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 04:33 AM   #37
1 Rivet Member

Kyle , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDG View Post
Hodgey
Did you get the low pressure conversion regulator so you can use the quick connect on your trailer? If so any issues?
JDG, no I didn’t but I am contemplating it. I doubt it’ll be an issue at all
Hodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:16 PM   #38
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Chico , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airtandem View Post
Check the pricing; $100.00 more on amazon. $237.00 amazon vs $139.00 @ costco
I guess I'd assumed that people could subtract the prices themselves, but thanks for doing the math.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:05 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2020 30' Classic
Frederick , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwash View Post
I just got a NexGrill from my local Costco for $139. Seems of comparable quality to a Weber Q. Amazon sells it for $238 and has some reviews. May not be the last grill I ever buy, but will suit my needs for now at least. Haven't used it yet, and a couple of the Amazon reviews are negative, but at least with Costco's return policy, I'm covered if it doesn't work out.

https://www.costco.com/Nexgrill-Cast...100384628.html

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07BFG487P
We were just looking at the same thing. Please excuse the newbie question (also since I am not near my trailer at the moment) but what is needed to connect such a grill to the extra propane outlet on the AS? I see people talking about pressure differences and regulators. Does the AS system run at a different pressure than most regular home BBQ systems? Do I need to get a regulator in addition to whatever hose/fittings I would need to physically connect the BBQ connector to the AS connector?

Thank you :-)
DewTheDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:41 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Driftless Area , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewTheDew View Post
We were just looking at the same thing. Please excuse the newbie question (also since I am not near my trailer at the moment) but what is needed to connect such a grill to the extra propane outlet on the AS? I see people talking about pressure differences and regulators. Does the AS system run at a different pressure than most regular home BBQ systems? Do I need to get a regulator in addition to whatever hose/fittings I would need to physically connect the BBQ connector to the AS connector?
I can't speak to the Costco grill, as I have a Weber (which I have converted). The principles are the same, though.

The A/S has a low-pressure propane quick release port. These portable grills are designed to run off 1-lb high-pressure propane cylinders (most people will know these as the green Coleman camping cylinders). Because those cylinders are high-pressure the grill has a regulator just after the propane cylinder connection.

To convert one of these grills to low-pressure use, their regulator and propane cylinder attachment (a threaded port) needs to be removed (which involves decoupling the regulator from the burner assembly and usually detaching it from some kind of support on the grill) and affixing in its place a propane hose quick-release connector.

For the Weber, there are expensive-ish kits that save you the hassle of finding (for cheap) the right parts at the hardware store. I used one such kit by a company called Torjik. In addition to providing "custom" support brackets for their hose attachment, they also have an accessory hose that includes a regulator so that if I want or need to I could again use a bottle. If they or some other company does not make such a kit for the Costco grill, just Google for instructions; I'm sure someone already has exact part #s for an online or big box store for your grill if the parts are not identical.

Hope that helps.
nryn is offline   Reply With Quote