Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-17-2017, 06:55 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Florence , Alabama
Stove hood lights

Both of my hood lights have gone out recently and I'd like to see if they're shot or maybe loose. But, if not sure how to get them out. The hood name is baraldi and the lights are in little round glass protectors. There are a couple of slots on the side where I suspect you pry them out but not sure. Any guidance? Thx

DBLee and Southern Belle on the road
Old 01-17-2017, 04:49 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblee1950 View Post
Both of my hood lights have gone out recently and I'd like to see if they're shot or maybe loose. But, if not sure how to get them out. The hood name is baraldi and the lights are in little round glass protectors. There are a couple of slots on the side where I suspect you pry them out but not sure. Any guidance? Thx

Good timing....I just pulled my hood light fixtures out today....in a 2016 26U Same hood as yours. I just pulled the whole light fixture down and then I assume you just pry the glass cover out using the slots. Haven't done that yet. I have halogen bulbs in mine and want to upgrade to LEDs. So, just ordered these after some research...http://www.miniinthebox.com/g4-6w-12...n=MITB20170117

If you want to order from an RV supplier, these came recommended....but at a much higher price. http://trvparts.com/catalog/index.ph...oducts_id=1290
Old 01-18-2017, 06:40 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Florence , Alabama
Wink

Thanks once I get home and figure out how to get to the bulbs I plan to place them with those in your link. Ordered some last night
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblee1950 View Post
Thanks once I get home and figure out how to get to the bulbs I plan to place them with those in your link. Ordered some last night
Hello....Got to the bulbs today. The large chrome ring around the whole light just pulls straight down. Two spring clips just hold it in. I was able to use a fingernail to get it started.....may need a small flat blade screwdriver here.

The inner ring holding the glass in has 3 slots around it. At the ends of each slot are small openings. You need to get something in there to pry the retainer out. I used a jewellers screw driver.....even a toothpick might work. Do all there slots till it pops loose. Not much force needed at all. Watch you don't drop the glass. Then you're at the bulb.

Be aware that the bulbs I ordered are the whiter color of light. You can get them in the warm white which is similar to the originals in color temperature.....which some people prefer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2726.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	278367  
Old 01-18-2017, 04:30 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Florence , Alabama
Just got home from trip, busy with a beer right now but I'll take a look at this tomorrow. If the lights aren't wife friendly I'll look for the ww ones. At a buck a piece, no problem. Thx

Old 01-24-2017, 05:57 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Florence , Alabama
Pulled mine out today, bulbs shot. Just waiting on new replacements

From dblee50 and Southern Belle on the road
Old 04-07-2017, 01:28 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Just wanted to top this thread to say I replaced both Halogen bulbs on the Baraldi Stove Hood today.

I picked up a two pack of G4 JC COB 1.6W 12V LED bulbs at Camping Word New Braunfels Texas for $15.00.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2791.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	304.1 KB
ID:	282952

I used a small flat blade to lever the stainless steel ring out, then pried out the old halogen bulb.

The dual pin bulb pressed in fairly easily.

The light is a nice white color, and I don't have the heat from 2x10W worth of Halogen bulbs.
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 06:12 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
2012 23' Flying Cloud
GVA , British Columbia
Galley hood vent lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llando88 View Post
Just wanted to top this thread to say I replaced both Halogen bulbs on the Baraldi Stove Hood today.

I picked up a two pack of G4 JC COB 1.6W 12V LED bulbs at Camping Word New Braunfels Texas for $15.00.

Attachment 282952

I used a small flat blade to lever the stainless steel ring out, then pried out the old halogen bulb.

The dual pin bulb pressed in fairly easily.

The light is a nice white color, and I don't have the heat from 2x10W worth of Halogen bulbs.

Is that a 10 watt equivalent halogen G4??