Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-15-2018, 01:27 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
INDIAN HARBOUR BEACH , Florida
Steps "Auto" Release

We are thrilled with our new 27' FC, FBQ. Took it out for a drive, set the trailer brake (Silverado 2500 Diesel) and practice backing. Stayed on city streets and a church's paved parking lot. When home and blocking the trailer, I noticed the step was partially released. Then discovered if I bump the step it will release, one time closed the door and it partially released. It does not swing-out to full release position. See video.
Our dealer has been responsive. He sent my video to the factory. The response was, "The only way to make an adjustment to help would be to do some grinding on the slots that the step slides in, this is really a repair that needs to be done at a repair facility."
I am surprised a simple mechanism like the steps could be so poorly made or installed. If they can't get this right, what else will I find?
So, has anyone else had a problem with the steps "auto" releasing due to road bumps or sudden braking at 15 mph to set the trailer brake?
If so, what did you do.
THX!
Attached Files
PC Conner is offline   Reply With Quote