Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-24-2017, 04:35 PM   #1
PianoTech

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Lansdale , Pennsylvania
Sound system in 2017 27fb

This is a great system! We ate on the road now and bluetooth devices thru. Sound better than being at home without annoying ext. Spkrs. Suggestion- maybe add a switch to turn off spkrs over bed.
tjplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:45 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjplus View Post
This is a great system! We ate on the road now and bluetooth devices thru. Sound better than being at home without annoying ext. Spkrs. Suggestion- maybe add a switch to turn off spkrs over bed.
You can use the fader function of the unit to not play music in the bedroom.
Philip Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:09 PM   #3
PianoTech

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Lansdale , Pennsylvania
Thanks, Phil! I will check it out. Tom
This coach is our 3rd RV in 18 mos. and our last. Just perfect. We are hitting the road more and more.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:16 AM   #4
PianoTech

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Lansdale , Pennsylvania
Did check it out. Unfortunately, no fader function.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:22 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
I suggest you look a little harder. While the head units are a bit user unfriendly, they are all car/boat stereos that have fader and balance functions somewhere in their menus. My wife insists that I fade out the bedroom speakers so she can read up there while I watch TV in the lounge area.

Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:50 AM   #6
PianoTech

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Lansdale , Pennsylvania
Larry, you're half right. There is a fader but it controls L-R functions. The front and rear each have L-R so only one speaker can be muted. Thanks, Tom
Old 05-25-2017, 08:13 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Then Airstream connected it wrong. Balance was intended for L-R and Fader for front back. This can be corrected by pulling out the head unit and fixing the wiring per the manufacturers recommendation.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:29 AM   #8
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Sound system in 2017 27fb

FWIW the fader control on the Clarion M303 head unit on my '16 FC 27 foot FB and '16 FC 30 foot Rear Queen both work exactly as Larry describes.

We mostly always have the sound from the Aux source faded so there is no sound in the bedroom.

Rich
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:33 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Englewood , Colorado
Clarion 303 here. If you hit the button that looks like a musical note left of the knob, it brings up the options like in a car, starting with base. Hit the button that looks like skip track left of the knob, you move through other options including fade. Default is center, but you can choose front or rear.
Tomhenritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:16 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
sidney , Ohio
This should help
Attached Files
stickman70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:04 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
the woodlands , Texas
Turning down subwoofer

I have a 25 2017 FC FB. The subwoofer is on the floor under the bench next to the door. How do we turn down the bass? We have done our best with the Clarion (at least dear husband said he did). Is there a way to get to the controls on the subwoofer that are facing the wall? Or is there another way to turn down the base the DH did not find? Thanks so much.
Leslieotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:48 PM   #12
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslieotr View Post
I have a 25 2017 FC FB. The subwoofer is on the floor under the bench next to the door. How do we turn down the bass? We have done our best with the Clarion (at least dear husband said he did). Is there a way to get to the controls on the subwoofer that are facing the wall? Or is there another way to turn down the base the DH did not find? Thanks so much.

Here's how mine works:

Turn on M303 and set to Aux, to hear TV sound. Adjust volume to comfortable level.

Press the 'tone' button, just below and right of the large volume knob. It's labeled with an audio Clef symbol.

The M303 then displays BEAT EQ, the first item in the tone menu.

Once you see BEAT EQ, press the FAST FWD button enough times until you see SUBW VOL (its six times for me).

Once you see SUBW VOLUME in the display, use the volume knob to adjust subwoofer volume from -6 (fully attenuated) to +6 (full subwoofer) or anywhere in between.
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:01 PM   #13

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
There are controls on the subwoofer itself. Finally got it dialled in by playing with those. The volume was set to full, it took a few adjustments to get it right. Suggest using a CD rather than the radio. This way you can listen to the same music as you adjust.
Mattirs is offline   Reply With Quote