Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2019, 08:50 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Bartlett , Tennessee
Shower door leaks

My trailer is now out of warranty, so all repairs are on me. My shower door leaks. What are the main things I need to check/adjust to try to isolate the cause?

One side of the squeegee strip on the bottom of the door does not touch the threshold. Can I adjust it, and how?
Bobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:14 PM   #2
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Where is it leaking from?

2 things to consider:

1. Apply a generous amount of caulk to the sil at the corners where it meets the frame.

2. Use the screw adjustment top of the door at the hinge to adjust height
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 07:28 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Bartlett , Tennessee
The water runs out of the sill at the bottom of the door. The caulk at each end sounds good, however, if I can keep the water from running under the door into the sill, that would be even better.

Thanks
Bobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:11 AM   #4
ZOZ
3 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Peru , Illinois
Leaks stopped

Hello.

My 2018 FC23FB shower leaked also. My concern, however, was the water coming under the paneling into the walk way area by the outside entrance door.

I dried everything out. Found a screw that went from the base of the shower into nothing. Inserted a longer screw until it finally grabbed something.

I found some gaps in the factory calking. I recalked the inside shower just by the door with white tub/shower sealant.

Water leakage stopped.

Observations:

A. What the inside shower door needs is a similar aluminum drip rail attached to the bottom of the inside shower door to keep the splashed water from getting under the sill and onto the bathroom floor. My shower in my home built in 1955 has one. Never any water on the floor.

B. I suggest you get a California Dry Blade (Red one) and after showering and before opening the door, squeegie the shower door top to bottom and the sill of water before opening the shower door.

C. From the shower door outside, grab the shower door from the top. Lift upward. There should be lateral movement of the shower door. The shower door should move downward to the closed position. If there is limited lateral movement of your shower door, your shower door may be mis-aligned.

D. Use Norwex towels in the bathroom especially one on the floor next to the shower door. They absorb a great amount of spilled water when the shower door is opened.

Randy
ZOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:07 AM   #5
Wheels Itch)(Must Travel

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
- east coastal area - , Florida
As noted in other posts, a sized to fit shower curtain solves the problem without messy caulk or new holes or replacing trim.

Ours dries quickly and is hardly noticeable.
az-streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 05:36 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2020 30' Classic
Frederick , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by az-streamer View Post
As noted in other posts, a sized to fit shower curtain solves the problem without messy caulk or new holes or replacing trim.

Ours dries quickly and is hardly noticeable.
That was the first thing I bought before we even camped once. I do not know if our shower door leaks because it does not get water on it.
DewTheDew is offline   Reply With Quote