Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2019, 03:25 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Classic
Lake Havasu , AZ
Recliners in a 28 or 30 FC rear twins

Wife and I are actively shopping for a 28-30 Flying Cloud with rear twins. Just returned from Las Vegas AS and looked at a 28' FC with rear twins. I think the front couch area is the same layout and distance to dinette as the 30'?

I have chronic sciatica in a bad way and can't sit upright very long so normal upright seating is a no-go. We were hoping we could fit LazyBoy Pinnacle wall-hugger recliners in the front in place of couch, assuming couch could be removed.

Not sure how feasible this would be since it also looks like there was a 1' or so deep storage compartment along front wall that takes up floor space as well.

Does anyone have info on doing this or has done it?

We went there thinking we were going to buy a left-over 18 Classic but after seeing it and a Serenity, and FC we both actually liked the FC the best ...go figure.
wingingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 04:51 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Byron , California
Our 30' 2016 w/ rear queen came with twin recliners from AS. I think it was something they offered in the 15 and 16 models. They weren't the most comfortable and we switched to lazy boy. I think it was their pinnacle wall model.

I'm not sure you would be able to find our model very easily as I think they were rare. The advantage to finding a recliner model is it comes with a center table that contains all the electrical. But I'm sure someone could convert to your specifications.
obytheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 05:26 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
I am in the middle of doing something similar. I was inspired by Blueloue69 and Ditter's posts in this thread:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f38/...ml#post2233793

As a result I investigated the Rec Pro Charles family of wall-hugger recliners and discovered I could fit the 70" double model with a 12" console in the middle in my trailer (with high probability). You might be able to fit the 80" triple or the 80" with the drop-down console in your trailer.

https://www.recpro.com/recpro-charle...-with-console/

I have attached the drawings I made to convince myself it would fit. A few notes are appropriate:
1. The only drawings that are truly to scale are the ones of the sofas and the ones with the sofas inserted onto the floor plan.
2. On the large drawings the scale is off by a factor of 2. Divide any dimensions by 2 to get the true size.
3. For the recliners, the solid lines represent the dimensions with the recliners upright. The two sets of dotted lines represent the two reclining positions.

Floor Plan.pdf

My trailer has two battery compartments, one on each side that intrude into the floor space about 10 inches but are about 1.75 inches off of the floor. There is a wire chase made out of wood that runs between them that sticks into the room a few inches. The Charles family of recliner sofas require the top of the headrest to be 3" off the wall when upright. In that position the rear frame of the recliner at floor level is 9" off the wall. I believe it will slide under the battery compartments an inch or so with no problem, at least in my case.

This information is worth what you paid for it. Use it as a guide to make your own decision.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:31 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Chapin , South Carolina
You might want to check out ultimateairstream.com for examples/pictures of L-couch to Recliners conversion. Not cheap, but amazing. I have seen their work in a couple of units. As an owner of a 28' with the L-couch, I can tell you it is not all that comfortable for sitting.
StuartsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 04:43 AM   #5

2003 34' Classic
2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
edmonton , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartsDad View Post
You might want to check out ultimateairstream.com for examples/pictures of L-couch to Recliners conversion. Not cheap, but amazing. I have seen their work in a couple of units. As an owner of a 28' with the L-couch, I can tell you it is not all that comfortable for sitting.
Seconded! Very comfy sitting.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:48 PM   #6
1Boyscout

2015 28' International
Edmond , Oklahoma
Comfortable for about an hour.
1Boyscout is offline   Reply With Quote