Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2016, 04:12 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Savannah , Texas
Problem or normal... Water from white drain line when filling toilet

Ok, so ever since we bought our 2016 30fb we noticed water that comes out of a black line by the back driver side tire. I have found that this is normal and is just the AC condensate line.

However we also have a white drain line just under the bathroom (directly below the electric hook up) that will drain water quite aggressively. Possibly it does this at other times but I have only been able to make this happen when I am using the toilet water fill button. It doesn't leak during any other faucet running, shower running or toilet flushing. Only when you push the full toilet with water button.

Is this normal or is something wrong?
Streaminfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 04:14 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Savannah , Texas
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1471817627.825817.jpg
Views:	778
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	269700 this is photo of what I'm talking about.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:15 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Savannah , Texas
Oh and one more detail, no the grey and black lines are neither near full and this happens even when grey line is connected and fully open.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:54 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Possibly a winterize valve in the incorrect position. ???

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:00 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Check if there is a winterizing drain in that location. Another possibility could be if the bidet option was not ordered and the connection not blanked off.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:26 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
That option is a new one on me!
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:40 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Possibly a winterize valve in the incorrect position. ???
I think this is it. There was a recent thread on this but the OP never confirmed the prognosis. Thread here:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f446...ue-153992.html

I will see if I can get the OP's attention with a quote.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:59 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Greg, I am wondering if you could chime in here about what may be the same valve you recently dealt with?

Thanks,

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaag View Post
I am having an issue with the toilet that I cannot figure out. When you flush or add water to the bowl a significant amount of water comes out of an exterior drain line just left of grey water drain valve. I have attached a picture to try to show what happens. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Greg

Attachment 267267
Old 08-21-2016, 06:01 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaminfree View Post
Attachment 269700 this is photo of what I'm talking about.
This looks pretty similar to the photo in the original post in the thread I just linked started by ghaag. If you read that thread carefully, there are lots of leads referenced from other threads and the owner's manual, but no definitive answer from ghaag.

Have you contacted your dealer about this?

Good luck,

Peter
Old 08-21-2016, 06:19 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
In the parts manual for 2016 flying cloud, on the fresh piping water diagram, it shows that pipe going over to area of the outside shower/tank flush/fresh water inlet. Look on page IV-20. Maybe you can figure it out.

I'll guess it's the drain for a pressure relief valve.

https://www.airstream.com/wp-content...Parts-Book.pdf
Old 08-21-2016, 06:31 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by A W Warn View Post
In the parts manual for 2016 flying cloud, on the fresh piping water diagram, it shows that pipe going over to area of the outside shower/tank flush/fresh water inlet. Look on page IV-20. Maybe you can figure it out.

I'll guess it's the drain for a pressure relief valve.

https://www.airstream.com/wp-content...Parts-Book.pdf
Thanks for this link, Alan, as the diagram at the top of that page does possibly show a drain for the toilet (and also for the bidet supply line?) which is described in the recent thread I linked IMO. [Although the drain is not labeled correctly.] The diagram might also be showing the shut-off for the toilet supply line, I grant you.

BTW -- Page IV-20 is on page 484/553 of the PDF you linked, which makes it a bit easier to find . . .

I wish you would read that other recent thread, Alan, because the diagram at the top of p. IV-20 does appear to show a drain at the toilet location to the left of the wheel well. The little symbols for the drain, and the shut-off handle, are there similar to the low point drains to the right, which are labeled correctly. True, it could also be the toilet supply line and shut-off. [edit -- sorry to be redundant -- running out of edit time]

Streaminfree, hopefully your can find this drain's shut-off valve near your toilet, based on the clues and leads in that other thread.

It would be great to have both mysteries solved! And given all the different floor plans and toilet locations, an extra low-point drain could be almost anywhere IMO.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 08-22-2016, 04:42 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Savannah , Texas
Ok, finally getting back to the post, so it sounds like the 1st answer is no, this is not normal.

2nd... The issue is a low point drain that is partially or completely open.

3rd the valve is a yellow valve likely under the dinette seat. I'll check it out later when everyone is awake as it is currently 4:30 am and I'm only awake because my AC was defrosting and waking up my wife. So I had to figure out how to solve that one.

Gonna be an airstream master before long! I'll be sure to come back and post the conclusion, possibly with some pictures.

Headed to some other posts to see if I can fix the AC defrosting issue.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:52 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Check if there is a winterizing drain in that location. Another possibility could be if the bidet option was not ordered and the connection not blanked off.
Good call. Thanks for the bidet heads up. Do you have any further ideas about the location of the valve? See A W Warn's linked parts document and comments from last night.

Thanks again,

Peter
Old 08-22-2016, 05:15 AM   #14
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Run the ac on a higher fan setting to keep it from freezing.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:36 AM   #15
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Good call. Thanks for the bidet heads up. Do you have any further ideas about the location of the valve? See A W Warn's linked parts document and comments from last night.

Thanks again,

Peter
Ours is located in the street side rear storage compartment.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07563.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	421.5 KB
ID:	269737  
Old 08-22-2016, 07:46 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Ours is located in the street side rear storage compartment.

Bob
I am pretty sure the 30' has some additional complications (and variability depending on floor plan) on the location, judging from that other thread and the sources linked therein . . .
Old 08-26-2016, 06:54 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
. . .
3rd the valve is a yellow valve likely under the dinette seat.
. . .
Wondering if you found the valve, and got this sorted out?

Thanks,

Peter
Old 09-01-2016, 09:09 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Point Pleasant , New Jersey
Same problem and it was very frustrating

Called Colonial, dealer where I purchased new, and they tried to walk me though of how to find this white valve. I was unsuccessful after three calls, 1 service call when they never addressed that issue but completed the other repairs and finally I brought the trailer in and the gentleman that did my walk through originally was able to locate for me. Which is quite easy when you know where it is and the toliet bowl works 10x better once you close it.

It's located by popping off the ducted vent under the kitchen drawers. I was told back to the left but it is indeed to the right and located directly under the duct that you will need to push aside. You will need a flashlight as it is difficult to see and maneuver.

You shouldn't need to remove any drawers. But to give yourself some more space and more light you may want to work the bottom drawer free. Getting the drawers off easy. Back on is a little tricky. Good luck.
thoreau2104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:37 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks thoreau2104 for the report, and welcome to the forum! Glad you are close enough to Colonial to go back! Was it Patrick who located the valve for you?

Streaminfree, could you please let us know you have resolved this problem, and where your valve was located?

Thanks,

Peter

Quote:
. . .
3rd the valve is a yellow valve likely under the dinette seat.
. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoreau2104 View Post
. . . the gentleman that did my walk through originally was able to locate for me.
. . .
Old 09-03-2016, 06:54 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Savannah , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoreau2104 View Post
Called Colonial, dealer where I purchased new, and they tried to walk me though of how to find this white valve. I was unsuccessful after three calls, 1 service call when they never addressed that issue but completed the other repairs and finally I brought the trailer in and the gentleman that did my walk through originally was able to locate for me. Which is quite easy when you know where it is and the toliet bowl works 10x better once you close it.

It's located by popping off the ducted vent under the kitchen drawers. I was told back to the left but it is indeed to the right and located directly under the duct that you will need to push aside. You will need a flashlight as it is difficult to see and maneuver.

You shouldn't need to remove any drawers. But to give yourself some more space and more light you may want to work the bottom drawer free. Getting the drawers off easy. Back on is a little tricky. Good luck.

Thanks for the response, my dealer said they thought it was just some sort of normal way it monitored the pressure of the water going into the toilet.

But I'm going to try your solution tomorrow, cause although it kinda made sense it also seemed real odd.