Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-27-2017, 09:45 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Hot Springs , Arkansas
MWBishop
I purchased sheets and mattress cover from Airstream. The thread count is so dense they make you hot!! So good to hear the mattress is comfy!
ljsigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:42 PM   #22
MQF
MobileQuarantineFacility

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Charles Town , West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWBishop View Post
Returned home (800 miles) from picking up new 26U.
1. No issues with microwave drawer opening under tow.
2. Have not used the tables, but demo guy told us to always store the tables before towing. The posts can be left in place, but the table tops should be removed before travel.
3. No lug nut issues, but torque should be tested often.
4. Really like the macerator. Boats have used them for years and if used properly should provide reliable service for years.
5. Only issue noticed is the bathroom door when opened all the way slightly rubs one of the pantry handles. Well, nothing is perfect and if this is only issue I'm ok with that.

Overall, love the 26U Twin so far. Perfect layout for our lifestyle.
I should clarify the bed support piece broke off when just laying them down and climbing on the cushion as a bed. We were not towing.

Sounds like a great start for you so far. Glad to hear.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:34 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
MQF: I thought that was the case for you guys, but I wanted to point our for all 26U'ers out there to remove the table tops before towing. Sad that the supports are that weak. I was hoping to use the "U" for a big lounge area, but since yours broke I am thinking we may just use 1 table (turned 90 degrees) and it'll probably work just fine. But I should put it into bed-mode and see if the supports hold before I find out at a bad time (like if father-in-law goes camping with us).
Old 05-28-2017, 06:35 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigfoot View Post
That handle is a problem in most 26U's.....just remove it and grind/file off an 1/8" top and bottom and all will be well.
Thanks for the tip.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:34 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Fort Myers , Florida
The Micro wave drawer on our 26u also opened while towing. I observed that the drawer was not properly installed on rails and after properly reinstalling the drawer it would open and closed properly. It also aligned properly with catch at top, so it did not open again while traveling.
We accidentally travel home with table still set up, both tops, without damage. I believe they could be left in upright position while traveling.
We have off shore fishing boat that has table that sets up similar to table in airstream, and has survived much rougher treatment.
stevenson748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:12 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Granbury , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenson748 View Post
The Micro wave drawer on our 26u also opened while towing. I observed that the drawer was not properly installed on rails and after properly reinstalling the drawer it would open and closed properly. It also aligned properly with catch at top, so it did not open again while traveling.
We accidentally travel home with table still set up, both tops, without damage. I believe they could be left in upright position while traveling.
We have off shore fishing boat that has table that sets up similar to table in airstream, and has survived much rougher treatment.
We also travel with the smaller table top in place with no problems in over 2000 miles towing. Glad you got the pantry fixed. Ours does not have the microwave (we have the convection below range top) but we have not had any problems with it opening when traveling. This is with the pantry full.

Macerator toilet has been great...be sure to not put anything but rv holding tank paper and use plenty of water per flush. Sure makes dumping tanks nice and easy...we like it.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:17 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
We travel all the time with the table (one leaf) up with no problem. It locks in so it's not like it's going to fly out. Also the salesman told us it's ok to travel with it set up. No issue with microwave coming out while traveling. One vent in bathroom fell out but was able to reinstall with no additional issues from it. One of two AC's does not work properly. It moves air but AC doesn't cool and heat pump doesn't heat. Have two friends with 2016 & 2017 Airstreams who had same issue with their AC's. BTW, one AC is not sufficient in the 26U to adequately cool it down on a 90+ degree day I have found. Glad I got two and have scheduled a trip to the factory to replace the bad AC. Our dinette bed slat also broke. Factory will be fixing that, too. Going to have them add supports under each slat that will go from the slat to the floor. Did that in my last RV (T@B teardrop) and it worked great. The slat broke when I slept on it when my wife and her mom slept in the twin beds. I weigh approximately 240 lbs. so can't image a average sized couple sleeping there without breaking it. Another issue in the design is when the front TV is pushed into the locked/travel position the TV shears off the antenna cable from it's BNC connector. Also on the other end of that cable when locked in place that connector presses up against the TV swivel mount which eventually will probable break that end. Factory says they have a fix for it. In the meant time I have gone through two cables before realizing what was causing the shearing off and now I disconnect the cable at both ends prior to latching in place for travel. Overall I am very, very pleased with this trailer and what is most upsetting is the lousy service I have received at the dealer. Will be taking it to the factory probably for all service. But even that it took me three calls to the factory over about three weeks to finally get a person to talk to and none of my message calls left to them were ever returned. So not impressed with ANY of the service yet from the dealer or the factory. I do have confidence the factory service will be excellent and realize it is the lack of response I am complaining about and not the actual service. Also the AC issue seems to be a Dometic issue and not an Airstream quality issue and it must be a known issue from Dometic considering me and two friends have all experienced the same issue.

-Alan
AlanMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:10 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Granbury , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanMcD View Post
We travel all the time with the table (one leaf) up with no problem. It locks in so it's not like it's going to fly out. Also the salesman told us it's ok to travel with it set up. No issue with microwave coming out while traveling. One vent in bathroom fell out but was able to reinstall with no additional issues from it. One of two AC's does not work properly. It moves air but AC doesn't cool and heat pump doesn't heat. Have two friends with 2016 & 2017 Airstreams who had same issue with their AC's. BTW, one AC is not sufficient in the 26U to adequately cool it down on a 90+ degree day I have found. Glad I got two and have scheduled a trip to the factory to replace the bad AC. Our dinette bed slat also broke. Factory will be fixing that, too. Going to have them add supports under each slat that will go from the slat to the floor. Did that in my last RV (T@B teardrop) and it worked great. The slat broke when I slept on it when my wife and her mom slept in the twin beds. I weigh approximately 240 lbs. so can't image a average sized couple sleeping there without breaking it. Another issue in the design is when the front TV is pushed into the locked/travel position the TV shears off the antenna cable from it's BNC connector. Also on the other end of that cable when locked in place that connector presses up against the TV swivel mount which eventually will probable break that end. Factory says they have a fix for it. In the meant time I have gone through two cables before realizing what was causing the shearing off and now I disconnect the cable at both ends prior to latching in place for travel. Overall I am very, very pleased with this trailer and what is most upsetting is the lousy service I have received at the dealer. Will be taking it to the factory probably for all service. But even that it took me three calls to the factory over about three weeks to finally get a person to talk to and none of my message calls left to them were ever returned. So not impressed with ANY of the service yet from the dealer or the factory. I do have confidence the factory service will be excellent and realize it is the lack of response I am complaining about and not the actual service. Also the AC issue seems to be a Dometic issue and not an Airstream quality issue and it must be a known issue from Dometic considering me and two friends have all experienced the same issue.

-Alan
Alan, your the first I have heard of with the TV mount / cable problem. Please keep us informed and let us 26U folks know what JC's fix is. Like I said...we haven't had any problem with ours.

Which a/c went out? The 15K in living area or the 13K in bedroom? I too have heard of some failing in late models. Doesn't seem to be just airstreams having failures...I have read other rv forums and they are experiencing them also. I will keep my fingers crossed but so far so good.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:14 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Southlake , Texas
Both our a/c's quit working last fall and Dometic replaced both of them. Just got back from a month in southern Utah and we had zero problems with the AS. NONE! This is the first trip with no issues. Love the 26u.
Bgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:14 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
Cabinetmaker, it's the front living area AC. This issue is a Dometic issue.

-Alan
AlanMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:16 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Hot Springs , Arkansas
Is it possible to add a second air conditioner aftermarket question?
ljsigman is offline   Reply With Quote