Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-14-2016, 11:31 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Louisville , Kentucky
Ordered a 26A today

Should be here at the end of February.

2nd. AC 50 amp service
Black ultraleather
Convection oven
Window awnings
Rear view camera
Equalizer hitch

Pretty stoked!
timdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:44 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
Congrat's, Great options chosen, you should be able to hand meat in there...
Old 10-14-2016, 11:59 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Louisville , Kentucky
Yeah the wifey likes ice cubes for sure.
Old 10-15-2016, 04:29 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB International
2016 26' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Right on! We pick ours up on the 28th.
Breezinalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 04:36 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Congrats!
2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30 Recliner - WBCCI #4850 - AIR #110821
2018 Nissan Armada SL Tow Vehicle, Equal-i-zer Hitch
Visit Our Flying Cloud blog for my latest adventure!
FCStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 05:08 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

Palm Desert , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by timdude View Post
2nd. AC 50 amp service
Black ultraleather
Convection oven
Window awnings
Rear view camera
Equalizer hitch
Pretty much the way I'd have specced it. When you order, can you get a discount anywhere near buying from inventory?
dasams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 05:42 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Louisville , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasams View Post
Pretty much the way I'd have specced it. When you order, can you get a discount anywhere near buying from inventory?

Yes we got a very good deal. Maybe even better because the dealer does not have to make payments on it while it sits on the lot and lessens their margin. They have virtually no money tied up in the deal.

So don't hesitate to spec one how you want it and email some dealers.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:32 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Fort Myers , Florida
Congrats
We picked up our 26u labor day weekend. We did same options except convection oven, the rear camera is nice for checking on traffic and backing up. We upgraded to 16 wheels with Michelin light duty tires, :
stevenson748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:43 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Louisville , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenson748 View Post
Congrats

We picked up our 26u labor day weekend. We did same options except convection oven, the rear camera is nice for checking on traffic and backing up. We upgraded to 16 wheels with Michelin light duty tires, :

Did you upgrade your wheels, dealer or factory?
Old 10-18-2016, 06:54 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Fort Myers , Florida
Neither, I ordered the wheels for Vinnie's airstream service and had the local Costco tire put on the tires. I have the original wheels and tires for sale on Craig's list, holding out for $600 for all 4 wheels and tires
Old 12-23-2016, 08:06 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Granbury , Texas
Quote:
Should be here at the end of February.

2nd. AC 50 amp service
Black ultraleather
Convection oven
Window awnings
Rear view camera
Equalizer hitch

Pretty stoked!
Your gonna luv it! We just picked up our new 2017 26U...same specs as yours only we got the new color interior cabinets,counters,flooring and wild honey cushion fabric. Seems they have discontinued the black. Now it's sandpiper or wild honey. The only difference in the two color choices is the U cushion fabrics. All the other interior decor is same in both even the pillows. Saves money I guess. We like the new not so shiny cabinets and countertops. Ours is the twin bed.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 09:32 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

Louisville , Kentucky
Awesome congrats, they actually moved our delivery date from mid February to January 5th. Hope the factory guys aren't all hungover from New Year's building mine up🍻. Getting it a little earlier then I wanted, but it gives me more time shake it down before our first big trip before Spring break. What's your first impressions so far?
Old 12-23-2016, 10:11 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Granbury , Texas
Quote:
Awesome congrats, they actually moved our delivery date from mid February to January 5th. Hope the factory guys aren't all hungover from New Year's building mine up🍻. Getting it a little earlier then I wanted, but it gives me more time shake it down before our first big trip before Spring break. What's your first impressions so far?
Were actually leaving on Monday for a week to the Hill Country town of Fredericksburg Tx to chow down on some German sausage...I'll give you a report when we return. There is a little rain a couple days but no freezing temps. Mostly 40's nights and 60's daytime. Should be a good week to check her out!
Old 12-24-2016, 06:13 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

Louisville , Kentucky
Great have a safe trip. We are headed to Destin tomorrow night in maybe our last in the Shasta. Leaning towards selling it, I might keep it since it's so darn cool.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1482585223.818955.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	277094
Old 12-25-2016, 11:32 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Fort Myers , Florida
I went on line to Airstream web page and looked at new colors and fabrics. I still like the look of black ultra leather, and would pick it again.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:50 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Granbury , Texas
Well we just returned from our maiden voyage. All I can say is "WOW" we love this trailer. It performed flawlessly...towed excellent...was soooo comfortable!

We have had several Airstreams over the years but none have ever been like this. That U is so comfy it just makes reclining almost too good you just don't want to get up. The TV placement is right there so watching blueray dvd's or football has never been this good.

The twins were a perfect choice for us . Twins open up the space and make the trailer feel larger. We got our sheets and blankets from AB Lifestyles and the fit and comfort are great. The new memory foam pillowtop mattresses make for a good nights sleep. We both mentioned that we sleep better than at home.

I noticed when hooking up that I have a 4000# Atwood electric front jack. Most if not all other models come with a 3000#. I guess it's there for the added tongue weight (which added stability when towing) but it's there and I like it.

Inverter now is powered through the same plugs as the shore power so when your disconnected from shore power just hit the inverter button and your back in business...no swapping cords to special plugs marked inverter like my previous Airstreams. We have 4 plugs so equipped for both and they are marked as such...just don't have to move plugs to different outlets anymore.

Now of course there were a few complaints. The macerator toilet works great but uses a lot of water. If you follow instructions flushes take 5 seconds. There is a safety control to stop the toilet from working if the black tank is over 75% full. There is a little panel with a red light that comes on to let you know when this happens. So you need to monitor the tank and dump before it gets to 75%. With those 5 second flushes it can get there pretty quick. We went 5 days before first dump. We like the toilet and that it grinds everything up into liquid...it's just something we will need to get more experience with. Really,really like the big all in one bath and large shower!

The USB plugs are nice but the ones on each side of the nightstand between the twin beds are not usable at night to charge a phone or pad while your sleeping because of the bright blue background lighting. The light is nice but not when your trying to sleep. We just used the ones on each side under the U up front. Those have blue lights but don't bother us when sleeping.

Airstream included one outside 120 v outlet but put it right behind where the door covers it when open.

The shirt closet / locker at the foot of the right twin is not tall enough for a shirt to hang without dragging bottom. It works but the closet next to that short shirt one is full length and much better for hanging clothes.

The RV park we stayed at had over a dozen Airstreams! We had a great time meeting new Airstream friends...some who are fellow forum members here.

We named our new baby "Silver Belle" because she arrived the week before Christmas we decided to give here a Christmas kinda name.

Can't wait for our next adventure in Silver Belle...were already making plans!
Old 01-03-2017, 07:39 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Fort Myers , Florida
Congratulations on your new 26U. I like the name you came up, clever. We are learning to control how much water we us with electric head as well, but have not come close on having full black tank. We however had a lot trouble with grey tank, we use a lot water when hooked up to water, easy to use, not so easy to get rid of. We plan to add solar at some point for extended dry camping
Old 01-04-2017, 06:41 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

Louisville , Kentucky
Awesome thanks for the review. What kind of tires do you have? Heard some chatter that might be switching from the marathons.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:39 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Granbury , Texas
Quote:
Awesome thanks for the review. What kind of tires do you have? Heard some chatter that might be switching from the marathons.
We have Goodyear Marathons. Most of the Airstreams we saw on our trip had them and some were on their 2nd set with no problems. I ask my dealer about the tires. They said that yes Goodyear had some problems with the Marathons in the past. They also said that when they got that worked out that the Marathons since have performed well. It's just that once they had a problem it seems to be remembered and talked about enough that people question them still.

I'm going to run them but keep a eye on them for sure. At under 6000lbs base weight and 7600lbs gross weight (which most will be under) those 15" Goodyears are not being taxed hauling a 26U. Keep them aired up (65 psi cold) and avoid hitting curbs and road debris we should be good! Time will tell.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:41 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Fort Myers , Florida
I don't know if it was necessary, but after reading about all problems with Goodyear marathons, I up graded to 16 Sendal wheels and Michelin LT tires. I hear the new Goodyear endurance tire that is suppose to be on late 2017 models is good tire. I have near new set of tires and wheels on my carport if any one is interested